“Very Good”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beau Champ
Caracas, Venezuela
“Very Good”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

It is a very nice hotel, the property is big, they have free bicycles, that way you don't need to call and wait 10 min. for the buggy services.
Lorenzo (the food and beverage manager) was the first warm welcome I received. He was very kind.
Eating at the italian and french restaurants are great but the beach restaurant and room service quality was not at all.
I had a private beach dinner, which was excellent.
My beach villa was nice but the surrounded garden didn't let me watch directly the front beach that actually it is as a lagoon. I didn't like the small port which is at the same place of the guest beach, because everytime one boat come in, their gas was spreading and one early morning I saw a tractor inside the beach.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ACJI97

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

If like us, you are used to valuing your family time with the children, and want an excellent world class resort, this is the place to stay at in Mauritius.

Though my daughter had an unfortunate severe allergy related incident on the first day of our stay after which she developed infected lesions, we decided to leave early. However, the way my daughter and my family were cared for during the rest of our stay has compelled me to write this very honest and positive 5 star review.

Restaurants:

It has 3 excellent restaurants - an international (steakhouse), an Italian and an Asian (bambou), which was our favourite as we like sushi and Thai foods. There is another restaurant in the golf course that we did not try.
Besides the room service menu is excellent - and they are very happy to oblige special requests etc when you order to the room.

Comparison with other resorts:

If you like the Maldivian - One and Only Reethi Rahs or Four Seasons Kuda Hara or even the amazing Shangri La (our annual pilgrimage resort), you will be impressed with the Four Seasons at Anahita. It oozes Mauritian greenery, a backdrop of a green lush mountain and clear lagoon and the Ile dr Cerfs in front. The staff are the best that we have encountered in Mauritius. We have stayed at the Mauritius Oberoi and at the beach pool villas at the Lux Belle Mare (they have an excellent beach at the belle mare), the Four Seasons is very different and of a different cadre to the Lux and simply a larger more spacious version with more facilities than the Oberoi.The Saint Geran is a grand old dame and simply cannot compare itself to the Four Seasons, just very different - visited the resort the last time whilst at Lux Belle Mare and found it aging and colonial - no splash pools in its rooms either.

The Villas :

We stayed at a beach villa which was excellent - not much mosquitoes, so worth any upgrades that you may have to pay for. It was a very humid and hot month. The villa pools are not heated, but at this time if the year you really do not want them heated.
The villas are spacious - we had our 5 year old and a 1 year old in a beach villa - worked well. The outside sitting area was quaint with a ceiling fan though very hot. If you are a couple with no kids ask for a beach villa on the Quiet beach side where there is a constant South easterly breeze. Garden and mangrove villas are same sized as beach villas but look out onto greenery.

Golf:

It's a Golfers paradise, I didn't have a chance to play. Ernie Els designed fantastic looking course.

SPA:

One of the best designed Spas with great treatments that I have encountered in Mauritius - very peaceful setting.

Care from management :

Whilst my daughter was unwell, what impressed me was the way the management pulled out all stops to deal with the incident - the F&B Director Lorenzo was a constant reassuring presence and Chef Sanjay is an amazingly caring gentleman. The Deputy GM - Didier Jardin apologised that we had to cut our holiday short to return to the UK. And as a direct result of the quality care we received we have agreed to go back to the same resort in 6 weeks time to continue our precious holiday that had been cut short. We would never return to the place if we thought that the resort had major failings in any way. We intend to add it to our list of regular annual holidays alternating with another amazing Indian Ocean resort - The Shangri-la in Maldives.

In summary - do not hesitate or think twice about booking or visiting the resort. You probably will not find a better high end resort anywhere in Mauritius. Not cheap at all , but you do not want it to be cheap if you are looking for exclusivity and very high standards.

My only recommendation to the management would be a more pro- active organisational lead for the kids club. Though the team there seems very pleasant , they were struggling to engage with all the children including my daughters in general. The facilities in the children area are good, perhaps a more experienced senior person in charge could pro-actively bring the unit to life with more fun filled activities , daily mail shots to all villas with details of different fun activities for the kids etc.

We are certainly looking forward to returning .

Stayed February 2014
5 Thank RavBug
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed at Anahita in June 2013 and had one of our best holidays ever,and we thought we should go back in the summer.We went at the end of January for 12 days and if anything it was even better than the last time,even though we had a tropical cyclone.The staff were so friendly even though this time it was much busier.We both felt that the food was even better this time,if that were possible,and the service was excellent as usual.The resort itself is so well maintained,the gardens are magnificent and even more colourful in summer.We shall certainly be going back,as this holiday was the most relaxing ever.

Room Tip: Try and avoid the garden pool villas,as they are a little way from the beach.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed here last autumn for two weeks and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. It is a slice of heaven and such a beautiful hotel. You can do nothing but relax and savour the simplicity of the private beaches and all the fabulous facilities that the hotel has to offer.

The villa was wonderful; showering outside every day was a joy and occasionally sharing it with the local wildlife! Staff were so helpful and trained to the highest of standards. Enjoy some time in the spa with a great massage. It’s all about indulgence. A must-do is the mini-submarine trip, what an experience.

Definitely a holiday to remember.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Vilnius, Lithuania
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Very nice resort in every aspect (except buggy service and couple of small issues with service quality in restaurants).
To be mentioned that it was top service for my children and the best I ever experienced (not only the service but also the resort itself). But at the same time this NOT the family only resort! It even has a quiet beach which we did not attend with children.
Beaches are very clean and nice, even though, artificial.
Water activities have to be mentioned as top of it`s class.
I would recommend in villa dinning for better choice of dishes (You can mix all restauranst of the resort).

Room Tip: In Two - bedroom villa we stay very very comfortable 4 adults with 2 kids (both 3 years) and 2 babie...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This is our second trip to this Four Seasons hotel. The first visit was so good we just HAD to come back again to ensure it wasn't a fluke - it WASNT!! . The whole experience - including the lovely helpful staff; the superb food and the wonderful gardens has left another very warm feeling in my holiday memory bank
The golf course is wonderful but we don't play golf but went for an hour tuition.
There are lots of fruit bats that float in around dusk which is fabulous to watch - they are enormous but they don't like us humans - phew!!!
The lagoon is a really safe environment for all the watersports - which are all free - and the staff just can't do enough to help!!

Cant wait to see what happens on our THIRD visit

Room Tip: We had Ocean view room 172 which overlooked the ocean and was just fabulous. This is the 2nd time w...
1 Thank holidaysforus504164
London
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I don't believe there is. Now whilst I am in agreement with most of the amazing reviews I believe it may be of more use to trip advisor users to identify areas which may be improved upon, there aren't many I can assure you, but here goes: If you fly BA it is probable you will arrive at the resort around 6am and depart around 5am some 7 days later Mauritian time, therefore it doesn't really make sense to be offered breakfast on departure but not on Arrival. Far more welcoming also as the vast majority of us simply can't face food so early and would be happier unpacking and making our way to the restaurant around 9/ish.
There isn't an adults only swimming pool area which surprised me although there is a designated quiet beach. If you wish to shower and change after your dip in the sea you will need to return to your villa as FSM don't offer a changing room by the pool or beaches - you are expected I guess to change ( not warm shower ) in the loos - something I loathe to do.
On arrival I dined at Bamboo for dinner - I was very unimpressed and didn't return. The lighting was so inadequate. I couldn't read the menu and more importantly I couldn't see my food. Now of course I accept I could have chosen a terrible table but when the starters arrived it was obvious they had been pre prepared and chilled. Where's the harm, you might ask it was only a salad but the salad was served in a poppadom which was verging on soggy - the whole meal was pretty unimpressive which is a shame as the venue and food looks fabulous at lunchtime. They serve sushi during the day but sadly not in the evening. I didn't feel it made a successful transition from lunch to dinner.
Like everyone else I applaud the service, the landscaping, architecture and overall design. The Italian restaurant is excellent! wonderful innovative food with a creative chef and a fantastic maître de, a real treat. We even had breakfast there whenever we could. The bar staff and cocktails are sublime. I would return to the FSM but for those seeking near perfection I would point them towards the Maldives and the Reethi Rah.

Room Tip: Two bedroomed villas are fabulous - very spacious with wonderful gardens and pool
3 Thank Marchmain
#1 of 11 in Le Morne
Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury
Shanti Maurice - A Nira Resort
Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel

Been to Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita? Share your experiences!