“The villas and service made it perfect!!!”

Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beau Champ
“The villas and service made it perfect!!!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

From the moment you enter this resort you are mesmerised by the grandness of the area, it's structure with water all around it makes it grander visually! SpectAcular views, greenery, beach! And ofcourse it's own golf course! Makes it an ideal for the whole family...there's something for everyone!:) we went with our 9month old and the staff and the hotel made it almost her best holiday ever! From the kids hobbit area, to the tortoise park...there was enough for our girl to enjoy:)
The staff deffinately gets full points in winning our hearts! Weather it's Delphine who looked after getting us all baby necessities to Christina at the spa..to the head of the room service dining, they make sure you are perfectly well looked after:):)
Overall I will rate it the best resort if you have a baby! Or not! They look after you very well:) we also stayed at soffitel so mauritius after this...and that was just a downer!!!

Travelling to mauritius,,,,you can trust four seasons blindly!!!:):):)

Lastly the Indian chef at the bamboo restaurant needs some "lessons" as that was the only downer...but the overall experience is soo good! That one tends to ignore that;

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Rum2525

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I booked a 5 night stay at the Four Seasons for my honeymoon with my wife, and had booked another 5 nights staying on the other side of Mauritius for the following 5 days.

From the moment you are welcomed at the Four Seasons Resort, with a brief check in overlooking the lagoon, you are whisked away to your very private villas. After a long journey it was nice to not have to stand at a counter to book in and got to sit down and relax with a welcome beverage.

The Breakfast and Dinner package is a must, as you really do not need to leave the resort at all. The package doesn’t include drinks but the meals available are worth it.

Breakfast has an amazing variety with freshly cooked eggs made to order, freshly made juices (the young fellow making them worked out my order after only 2 mornings and I never had to ask after that), you have a walk in cellar that has fresh breads, cheeses, deli meats ect… If you want a Milkshake, they will make you a milkshake, you want ice-cream, they will get you ice cream. It’s the little things, like when getting a drink, the straw still has the paper on the top half so as not to spread germs.

Dinner is based on 3 restaurants with usually 2 being opened most nights. A fine dining restaurant with delicious steaks, an Italian restaurant for fantastic wood fire pizzas and delicious pastas, and also a buffet outdoor style restaurant. I wasn’t a fan of the buffet, but for families this was a good option. Food a little cold and probably can be refined a little.

Now you come to this resort to relax and soak up some sun, and by the beach or pool you certainly are treated like royalty. You are spoilt with little treats throughout the day, I won’t spoil it for others thinking of going but there is nothing wrong with a strawberry frozen slushy when you don’t even ask for it. The pool boy even cleaned out sunglasses daily, and wouldn’t allow me to move my sunbed when it was time to catch some more rays. He insisted on doing it for me. Who am I to argue?

After checking out and thinking how is this holiday going to get better than this, we went to what was the Number 2 resort on trip advisor on the opposite side of Mauritius. Yes it was a beautiful resort, but something was missing. Dinner was too upper class and lacked that holiday feel. Breakfast was boring and all on an open environment with food in clear proximity of insects ECT…. it was windy, cold and had a lot missing compared to the Four Seasons. After breakfast I called reception and told them that we were not happy, thankfully they understood, so I rang the Four Seasons team and told them to get me a driver over to pick us up as soon as possible. Now I don’t know if anyone can beat this record, but we were back at the Four Seasons no more than 16 hours after we had checked out.

I booked a 4 night stay, and I think my wife and I ended up being the most well-known couple as we had returned within the same holiday. It was definitely worth it as we both felt at home again when we were back in our villa again, this time overlooking the ocean. We were spoilt by the management team and are truly thankful for it.

The Villas have beautiful amenities, an outdoor shower that felt like a waterfall over your body, towels changed so many times per day. Oh and one of the cleaners noticed my book on the bedside table and within a few hours I had a bookmark on top of it, I never asked for this. Amazing!!! Again it’s the little things.

Too sum up the Four Seasons resort, It’s Just Easy!
Yes you do pay for the privilege and I suppose paying this amount per night you expect excellent service, but it’s more the service that is shown to you is in such a friendly manor and not put on or forced. Especially the floor staff, management are amazing and so they should be working for such an establishment, but the food staff, the cleaners, the pool boys/girls, all have a fantastic ora about them, and they all seemed super happy to be working for the company.

On another quick note, I was sick on the 2nd day of our first stay, and had to get the resort doctor for a check-up. Let me tell you, being rung up by the Food Director of the resort to see if there was anything he can make me to cheer me up is more like what your mum does for you when you’re sick. Super Effort… oh and yes the digestive biscuits that were freshly made for me definitely helped after not being able to eat anything else for a day and a half!!!

Our first ever Four Seasons experience was superb my wife and I are definitely looking forward to more holidays in the future at other locations.

Book this resort if you want luxury, privacy, relaxation, excellent food, and above all, a romantic time away with your loved one/ones.

Room Tip: After staying in 2 types of Villas (Garden & Ocean) it really is hard to choose. Ocean Villa was...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank spiro_sc
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Having stayed at several FS resorts in many countries we had very lofty expectations for the one in Mauritius and boy were these expectations well deserved!
From the minute we arrived and checked in until we, sadly, checked out everything went without a hitch
From the welcome drink to the villa (more on that ĺater) to the restaurants and the resort itself and not to mention the beach and pool
We were 2 couples with one 2 year old infant so there was a crib put in with a few baby essentials (diapers, shampoo....) which turned out to be handy because the airline had forgotten one piece of luggage and incidently that was the one that had the baby's essentials
Villa was beautifully appointed and immaculately kept. Plunge pool was actually big enough for 4 or 5 adults and the kitchen was as big as any you'd find in a small apartment
The food? Now that was something else at every single restaurant even at the beach bar
Service was, as you come to expect at the FS, personal, prompt and very efficient (big thank you to Sachin at Aquapazza)
We were there for 6 days and we decided we loved the resort so much we didn't want to explore the island. We were all there to unwind and unwind we did
The only thing was that it did get nippy and somewhat windy especially at night but I'm sure that if the FS staff could do something about the weather they would
All in all a very memorable vacatiob at an amazing resort nestled in a beautiful country (long but amazing drive from and to the airport; almost 1 hour) with friendly hospitable people
Can't wait to be back

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Kareem S
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The resort consists of garden and beach villas which are beautifully appointed. We had a garden villa which we were happy with as they were very private and well located for the restaurants and beach. The staff seemed genuinely helpful and friendly, nothing is too much trouble. Some lovely touches; one night we returned to find our bath filled with water and fresh flowers, each night a surprise edible gift would arrive etc. We cannot praise Delphine, the house-keeping supervisor enough - she always had time to chat and tell us about the island, made reservations for us in the restaurant etc and went out of her way to make us feel special - we miss you! We visited in July which is winter, so the weather was mixed, but apparently it was a bad year. However it was still warm enough for us. Take plenty of books- although there are some singers in the restaurants it is very low key and most people seemed to retire to their villas in the evening. Fantastic food but they are always happy to accommodate you if you want something off menu. Trips are expensive as you normally have to pay the taxi driver for the day; personally I wasn't keen on Port Louis as I don't like shopping, but the quad biking and zip lines were amazing. This resort is definitely worth the star rating.

Room Tip: We had a garden villa near the gym which was well located for everything
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lucy J
London
Reviewed 14 August 2014

First time in Mauritius and had heard good things about this place. We had a fantastic 10 days family of 5 with kids aged 3 to 7. Really wonderful service and set up. Beautiful villa very comfortable and never left the resort.

Going sailing, surfing, kayaking, snorkelling, fishing so easy. The staff were so friendly and helpful and really loved to engage the kids.

Watching Frozen on a pop up screen on the beach and Pirate night where the beach was transformed into treasure island with pirate ships to take you out on the lagoon were just some of the highlights for the kids.

Great pools and whilst a big place never felt crowded. It isn't cheap but you get what you pay for!

The only downside is that the lagoon isn't the best for snorkelling and diving but sure you could be taken further afield for that.

Room Tip: Garden villas good and roomy
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Ballito, South Africa
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

What a course designed by Ernie Els.
He has captured the views and made good use of the topography.
Nice challenge but it allows an errant shot with a chance of recovery.
The bougainvilleas are very pretty on each hole.
The staff are very friendly and they take care of you from arrival until you leave the course.
What an experience.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Beautiful location, fantastic FRESH food in all bars and restaurants, and amazingly friendly and happy staff. Also our room (ocean villa) was very pretty and spacious and clean. A lot of fun things to do are offered, but if you just want to chill, this is the place to do it too. There is a "quiet beach" away from the main beach and swimming pools which was really nice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 11 in Le Morne
Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury
Shanti Maurice - A Nira Resort
Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel

Been to Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita? Share your experiences!