Stayed here for our Ruby Wedding Anniversary and had a wonderful time from the moment we arrived and were greeted at Reception with cold drinks and wet flannels
The resort is very large but due to clever design and landscaping it doesn't appear that way - there is a mixture of villas and suites some of which are privately owned. The villas have a variety of bedrooms and are situated some way from the pool and restaurant,some overlook the golf course as do some of the suites.
The suites are in blocks of five or seven suites with two bedroom ones on the ground and first floor and three bedroom on the third floor.There are no lifts so it is six flight of stairs to climb to the top floor.
We were originally booked to a garden room suite but were "doubly" upgraded to an executive suite on the top floor which had the most amazing views out over the bay and on arrival a basket of fruit and a bottle of sparkling wine were delivered to our suite. All suites are spacious and luxurious with a fully functional kitchen and washer/dryer which is very useful. However it is necessary to buy washing powder/conditioner etc so the best option is to get a taxi to the local supermarket and buy whatever you need . Reception will order the taxi and it will wait while you shop.As the resort is on a half board basis this is a good idea as you can buy snacks etc
All the staff on the resort are so polite and say hello whenever they see you. Their aim is to please and ensure you enjoy your stay- although they tend to speak french to each other they quickly change to english when needed.
All meals were served in the Bliss restaurant as Origines was being refurbished but was opening the day we left.The food was superb and extremely well presented, Each night was a different themed buffet as well an a la carte menu. Although the set menu was somewhat limited the food itself was delicious - no wonder we put on weight as it would have been rude not to eat the desserts especially the Creme Brulee !!Staff in the restaurant were discreetly attentive and the chefs happy to answer any questions about the dishes( Thank you Prakesh for all the lovely sea food )
On our actual anniversary we had a special romantic dinner courtesy of management and this was delightful as the table was decorated with hearts( thank you Ashvin) Once we'd finished our amazing meal they presented us with a cake saying "Happy Anniversary" -such a nice gesture.
There is a regular shuttle boat over to a private beach on Il aux Cerf which was very quiet when we were there -so relaxing sitting on a sun lounger whist eating a BBQ chicken salad.
There was also a complementary glass bottom boat trip which was fun to do.
As June is winter in Mauritius the resort was almost empty of guests, and there was some refurbishment on the resort taking place, but it wasn't noisy and didn't interfere with our enjoyment, neither did the building work of further villas at the entrance of the resort.
It is also worth remembering that the East coast is breezier than the West and there will be rain, at times very heavy ! but the staff will collect you for dinner in a golf buggy with a rain canopy.
The resort sent a continental breakfast to our room as we were leaving in the middle of the night which is yet another example of how brilliant this resort is.
Our stay was even better than we hoped it would be thanks to the care and attention of all the superb staff.
if you want to feel pampered and special then this is the place to stay. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stretching out majestically over 213 hectares of tropical gardens, Anahita Golf & Spa Resort is located on one of the most beautiful natural sites on the East coast of Mauritius. With the Indian Ocean’s crystalline waters of the lagoon at its feet, the Resort combines luxury, peace and enchantment. Experience the authentic Mauritian charm with its unique accommodation (lavishly furnished Suites & Villas), refined cuisine and dedicated service in a breathtaking natural environment. At Anahita Golf & Spa Resort, enjoy a vast range of the most sought-after activities: two exceptional 18-hole championship golf courses designed by Ernie Els and Bernhard Langer, exclusive beach experience on its two beaches, boutiques, Personal fitness centre, Wellbeing centre, tennis courts, Kid’s club, water sports centre, golf clubhouse… Experience supreme and simply unparalled luxury: that of having the ultimate freedom of choice. Anahita Golf & Spa Resort, A New lifestyle Resort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotelopia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anahita Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anahita The Hotel Beau Champ
- Anahita Hotel Beau Champ
- Anahita Resort Beau Champ
- Anahita Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Beau Champ