“Great Venue”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kasauli
Baikunth Resort Kasauli
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Kasauli
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Baikunth Resorts is a great place. This was the venue of the 3 days Rhythm & Blues Festival in february. Had great time rocking to some of the best Indian bands like Papon, Raghu Dixit project, Tayil etc. The facilities for catering and the bar was great adding to the experience. The open air ambiance of the Chill Kasauli nights added to the pleasure of the whole experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We were visiting Kasauli with our friends for 2 nights and 3 days starting 21 December 2013. We choose to stay in Baikunth as the resort looked really nice in pictures and the reviews posted were very good.

However, we had a HARROWING EXPERIENCE at this place – largely in terms of its SERVICE. The service levels are pathetic to say the LEAST. The staff is just not bothered even if the customers have any problem and/or if they are consistently coming to highlight the issues that they are facing. We and our friends collectively travel to various places at least 6-8 times in a year but we have never come across such service levels ever (even if the resort is not technically a 4 or 5 star property).

Below are few examples that will help others make a more informed decision.
1) Our package included Welcome Drinks, which were not served to us when we checked-in. When this was highlighted after we moved into the rooms, nobody paid any heed to it and nothing was taken care of still.
2) While booking the place they had mentioned they will organize for a Barbeque, this was even confirmed at the reception while doing Check-in. However, the staff bluntly refused to organize this stating that the occupancy is low; they mentioned 9 rooms were occupied and this was a Saturday.
3) They suggested they can do a ‘angeethi’ but were asking for INR 1200 extra for this, while they were supposed to do Barbeque within the package price. Somebody has to tell them how much does coal really cost, if they have to bill it to the customers
4) They have a activity room but no staff was present there to help the customers out to find the rackets, etc. Everyone was left to deal with their things on their own.
5) It was raining starting evening and hence we decided to order in the room, they said they will charge 25% extra for room service.
6) When they served Dinner in the room; and we told them that they should pick the plates once dinner is done; they mentioned they can only pick it up in the morning. We suggested that we will put the dirty utensils outside in the entry area and the staff said you will have to pay extra even if one plate breaks.
7) At breakfast, even after three reminders, the staff didn’t toast a bread and get it on the table, even if three folks were silently standing by the side, but not really helping customers.
8) The TV in one of the room was not working, the heater in the other room was not working, hence, the feel that no check-up was really done before allocating the rooms to the customers.

This was the kind of service we received when they didn’t have good amount of occupancy. I kept on wondering what they will do if they had 80-90% occupancy. All in all we decided to move out of this place after a one night stay to find another place where people and the service levels are good.

The management has to really give a thought that making a pretty place is just not going to be enough if you are in the hospitality business. The key aspects are that you train your staff to be courteous with the customers. I will NEVER EVER RECOMMEND this place to any of my friends, relatives and acquaintances.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank Nidhisingh2013
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I visited this resort with my family (wife and two kids)and parents on Dec 07- Dec 09 - 2013. Though as per Tripadvisor it is not a best option in Kasauli but I selected this basis comment from one of my friend who just visited ( not stayed) this property (may be that deceived him and me).
There are no sign boards on way and we struggled to reach this property. The resort was really good and well maintained. We booked two cottages and paid tariff similar to any Five star + property (Oberai types). Cottages were very spacious with Balcony and good valley view, so it started well...
We got first shock when my father asked for a bathroom sleeper as you expect it to be there in good resorts and hotels and house keeping guys said that it is chargeable ... Rs 100 per pair..
2nd one when we reached restra at 8.15 pm for dinner and it was not served as the guy said it will take another 30 minutes ( I think all attention and resources were diverted towards a group party). I think 8pm is not early for dinner??? Though food was good (may be we waited long enough)
3rd one we got when we asked for shampoo as it was not there in bathrooms and housekeeping guy told me that they are out of stock and it is not available. I was really shocked to hear this and then realised my mistake of selecting this.
Overall property is good, services are not matching with the price you pay..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tarun R
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We were 3 couples and 3 children b/w the ages of 3 and 5. It was a perfect weekend getaway for us. The resort is v pretty and there's nothing much to do around in Kasauli. We were on the American Plan where meals were included. We could call ahead & order our food before we went to the dining hall, which was v convenient with kids. The kids room has enough toys to keep them busy for 1-2 hours, otherwise there's always the big lawn with swings (on which parents can laze around). There's also a small area with a slide and 2 hammocks. We also got the scrub & massage done at the Spa which was a relaxing experience. The only downside was that we had requested for a bonfire outside our room , but that could not happen as there was too much wooded area around. Great place for a Nov weekend!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I visited Kasauli in March 2013 with my family - parents, brother, Mama-Mami, their three children, and my Masi's daughter. That made it 10 of us. We chose Baikunth Resorts based on the recommendation of one of my Mama's friends who is a regular.

We are more than satisfied with our 2-night-3-day stay at Baikunth Resorts Kasauli. The resort is a thing of beauty and the experience a joy forever. The natural landscape and planning of the resort is exquisitely beautiful. The rooms are all spacious, airy, neat, well-ventilated, well-lit, and have very comfortable beds. The attached toilets/baths are exceptionally clean and comfortable with all modern necessities and luxuries. The toiletries are all Khadi brand and amazing for the skin too! The food is amazing (just like home-cooked food - delicious, comforting, less oil and spices) and the spa is totally lovely. All of us (including my youngest cousin who is just 11) went in for various spa treatments. The spa staff is indeed well-trained and courteous, and the treatments make you feel so good. The highlight of our late afternoons and evenings was the gaming zone, with all of us trying our hand at table tennis, badminton, basketball, cricket, chess, carrom, darts, snooker, and all the various games and sports available. All in all, it was a fun trip and a lovely, lovely place to be at.

A word of caution, though - a stay at Baikunth Resorts involves a lot of walking and esp. a lot of stairs all around. People who have difficulty walking and climbing may face some problem, though I am sure the staff there has thought of this. I would advise such people (esp. elderly or those with joint/bone problems) to contact the staff at Baikunth Resorts before finalizing your reservation.

True to its name, Baikunth Resorts offers a heavenly experience - both in terms of the facilities they provide as well as the layout and landscape of the resort itself. For a real 'heaven on earth' experience, we look forward to visiting Baikunth Resorts again next year. The food esp. was delicious. The spa was absolutely soothing for our metropolitan-drudgery-ravaged nerves. And the resort is so beautiful in terms of landscaping that its beauty cannot be captured in any camera. It has to be seen to be experienced.

Just one little observation - I personally really missed a swimming pool. A temperate-water pool would have completed the 'baikunth' (heaven) experience at this property. Hope the management soon comes up with a beautiful pool at this very beautiful property.

Thanks to the staff at Baikunth Resorts for making our stay such a memorable and enjoyable one. See you again soon.

Room Tip: Rooms nearer to the restaurant are easier in terms of accessibility to all facilities as well as in...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SurbhiSukhija
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed in a deluxe cottage for 3 days with our 2 kids. The room was spacious with a lovely balcony with a good view. The staff were consistently helpful and polite. ( I was a bit concerned about this after reading a couple of Tripadvisor reviews complaining about the service). The food was reasonable without being memorable. The have a lovely snug woodpanelled bar which is great for a sundowner or an after dinner drink.
Overall a hassle free pleasant stay in nice surroundings.
To highlight the service aspect- I forgot to return the key while checking out. They called in 15 mins. Rather than expecting me to come back to return it ( as I should have) they asked me where on the way it would be convenient for me to leave it and then made arrangements with a dhaba owner on the way for me to deposit it there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Getting to baikunth seems a bit difficult but is not. We realized this on the return. A few more signboards along the way at decision making points would help. The detailing in the property and the keen interest shown by the owner, manager and staff are evident everywhere. Rooms are good, the fittings, furnishings and toiletries used are top quality. Service is warm and friendly. Indian food is very good.
The manager Ravi Gurun is very hands on and deals directly with all guests, no request is too much for him. The owners interest in making this a top resort is evident, as he operates silently behind the scenes.
I strongly reccommend baikunth kasauli for a quiet getaway for a few days. Even with the slightly higher price point, it's worth it. A suggestion to the mgmt is to keep the groups away from those wanting a quiet time, the main reason one comes to baikunth. Overall a good stay, thank you and all the best.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple