“Authentic Goan Food.”

Ranked #1 of 172 Restaurants in Margao
Price range: US$79 - US$599
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Martins Restaurant Margao offers a unique dining experience wherein you can experience the best of international cuisine and also authentic Goan cuisine at value for money rates .Our constant endeavor at Martins Margao is to always offer something different , a fact reflected by us introducing "Steak On Stone" where in your steak cooks at your table on a volcanic rock.We also are the only restaurant in Goa which serves turkey throughout the year in addition to fresh Salmon & Hamour. Those looking for the best of Goan cuisine, we serve right from the vindalho to sorpotel, from chilly fry to aadmas, from roast to aamsol.Our range of desserts includes Panacotta, Banoffee Pie, Lava CAke, chocolate semifreddo, chocolate mousse as well local favourites like bebinca, dodol e.t.c
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Was bit worried after looking at interiors. But once food started we were spellbound with food taste & authentic local flavour. Goan Curry, Tiger Prawn, Calamari made to order, Sangria k velvet cake were all great.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stepping into this wonderfully cool and welcoming sanctuary is a real relief from street-side Margao! Like other reviewers, I have always wondered why there are not more decent restaurants in this large town. The service is outstanding, and the food very good "multi-cuisine". The staff will help you through any unfamiliar menu items and there is a fairly good (but pricey) wine list as well. We were all offered a complementary sweet at the end of the meal. As I visit Margao on a fairly regular basis, this will really be a "required" stop for a good peaceful meal.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I come to know about this bice restaurant through words of mouth publicity and after going through the review I decided to visit this place.
To tell you I am visiting Goa every month since 2012 mostly the northern side but this time I put extra effort to visit Martin's @ the risk of losing my flight back to Mumbai.
I visited that place during lunch hours, the first section e.i. ground floor is a ac section but I prefer going upstairs sitting in open varanda like place with a view of the city municipal garden, the staff was very helpful and consulted us for the signature dishes of Martin's.
We order the traditional style fish curry and a large rawa fried pompfret, the presentation of dishes itself shows that the food is going to be outstanding !
I found the fish cuerry so authentic cooked in goan style and so yummy that I decided to visit this place again and again...
@ last the deep fried ice cream came which make the happy ending of our lunch.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have wondered for a long while why a town as large as Margao has not got more top quality restaurants. Martins falls into this category. At first glance it appeared that the restaurant was closed, but the blackened glass of the air conditioned restaurant downstairs soon revealed a welcoming smile of the Restaurant Manager, Johnny. We opted to eat upstairs, which although not a/c, offered open windows overlooking the Municipal Gardens, and the hustle and bustle of Margao, cooled with the assistance of ceiling fans. I opted for the Goan dish of lobster cafreal, which was excellent, and my wife chose steak, cooked to her liking on a stone at the table. The service was excellent, and the prices were reasonable. The deep fried ice cream for dessert was beautiful. All in all a thoroughly excellent all round experience. We will certainly visit again.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is a restaurant trading on its reputation of starting with a few tables and building up to being something a lot bigger. We were staying at the Alila Diwa Hotel approximately 1/2 mile away ( walking distance) and felt we had to try this place out.
On arrival early in the evening, we were asked in a surly manner whether or not we had booked. Frowning at the thought that someone might walk into the great place, the maître d' got one of his minions to find us a table -of which there were plenty. Indeed there wree a number of tables that never filled up during our 90 minute stay. We had garlic nan bread and then my wife and I both had a steak: the western menu is more limited than at Fishka nearby but this is Goa and both beef and pork are freely available. After a week in the north where both were clearly off we wanted to get back to old ways.
The food was OK as was the beer but nothing to keep up . There was some crooner bellowing out old Cliff Richard songs from the 60's and a party behind up playing with and photographing the live King crab they were about to eat; I suppose I am a soft westerner but this was my cue to leave early.
Tax added to the bill ( most restaurants around here include it). Bill including 2 large Kingfisher beers each was under 1500 rupees. Expensive for the locals but for the dear Brit an extremely inexpensive night out.
I am told locals come here in the hope of seeing some celeb; the star attraction is a guy called Sachin Tendulkar but even my cricket-hating wife was unable to miss the fact that he was playing his final game up the road in Mumbai so there was no prospect of a personal appearance.

1  Thank theflyingdoctor
larry_martins, Partner at Martins, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2015

Respected Sir ,

Greetings to you from Martins Restaurant Margao.... im sure that your review was meant for a restaurant with a similar name like ours but which is located in Betalbatim which we have no connection with.... We are located in Margao , which is the commercial capital of Goa and around 8- 10 kms from Alila Diwa....
We are a relatively small restaurant which was started around 3 years back , and in this short span of time we have created a niche for ourselves by introducing unique dining concepts like "Steak on stone " and "Fish On Cedar wood". We specialise in Continental cuisine as well as serving Authentic Goan Food .... Please do give us a try sometime.... You will definitely not regret it...