“Great place”

Ranked #1 of 168 Restaurants in Margao
Price range: US$79 - US$599
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Martins Restaurant Margao offers a unique dining experience wherein you can experience the best of international cuisine and also authentic Goan cuisine at value for money rates .Our constant endeavor at Martins Margao is to always offer something different , a fact reflected by us introducing "Steak On Stone" where in your steak cooks at your table on a volcanic rock.We also are the only restaurant in Goa which serves turkey throughout the year in addition to fresh Salmon & Hamour. Those looking for the best of Goan cuisine, we serve right from the vindalho to sorpotel, from chilly fry to aadmas, from roast to aamsol.Our range of desserts includes Panacotta, Banoffee Pie, Lava CAke, chocolate semifreddo, chocolate mousse as well local favourites like bebinca, dodol e.t.c
Wirral
“Great place”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Wonderful cool and welcoming restaurant,we had a really great afternoon birthday celebration
Meal.the food was presented well and cooked very well,the staff were very helpful with helping
In describing the menu.
Will be back when we return end of October and a few more time during our stay in Goa.

• Visited March 2014

Pune, India
“Authentic Goan Food.”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Was bit worried after looking at interiors. But once food started we were spellbound with food taste & authentic local flavour. Goan Curry, Tiger Prawn, Calamari made to order, Sangria k velvet cake were all great.

• Visited February 2014
Ernakulam, India
“Go in despite the black windows--it's not closed!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stepping into this wonderfully cool and welcoming sanctuary is a real relief from street-side Margao! Like other reviewers, I have always wondered why there are not more decent restaurants in this large town. The service is outstanding, and the food very good "multi-cuisine". The staff will help you through any unfamiliar menu items and there is a fairly good (but pricey) wine list as well. We were all offered a complementary sweet at the end of the meal. As I visit Margao on a fairly regular basis, this will really be a "required" stop for a good peaceful meal.

• Visited November 2013
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“A must visit resturnt of Margon”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I come to know about this bice restaurant through words of mouth publicity and after going through the review I decided to visit this place.
To tell you I am visiting Goa every month since 2012 mostly the northern side but this time I put extra effort to visit Martin's @ the risk of losing my flight back to Mumbai.
I visited that place during lunch hours, the first section e.i. ground floor is a ac section but I prefer going upstairs sitting in open varanda like place with a view of the city municipal garden, the staff was very helpful and consulted us for the signature dishes of Martin's.
We order the traditional style fish curry and a large rawa fried pompfret, the presentation of dishes itself shows that the food is going to be outstanding !
I found the fish cuerry so authentic cooked in goan style and so yummy that I decided to visit this place again and again...
@ last the deep fried ice cream came which make the happy ending of our lunch.

• Visited January 2014
Granada, Spain
“Top Quality Evening”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have wondered for a long while why a town as large as Margao has not got more top quality restaurants. Martins falls into this category. At first glance it appeared that the restaurant was closed, but the blackened glass of the air conditioned restaurant downstairs soon revealed a welcoming smile of the Restaurant Manager, Johnny. We opted to eat upstairs, which although not a/c, offered open windows overlooking the Municipal Gardens, and the hustle and bustle of Margao, cooled with the assistance of ceiling fans. I opted for the Goan dish of lobster cafreal, which was excellent, and my wife chose steak, cooked to her liking on a stone at the table. The service was excellent, and the prices were reasonable. The deep fried ice cream for dessert was beautiful. All in all a thoroughly excellent all round experience. We will certainly visit again.

• Visited January 2014