“Decent Stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Margao
Chennai
“Decent Stay”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

It is at good location in terms of the reach to the bus stand, railway station and also any essential needs that may be needed. They come under budget hotels category and can provide with the basic necessity in the locality and not the luxury , pomp an other facets.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank bkmthy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Me and 2 of my friends decided to book this during new year eve...the hotel location is too bad..we took almost 30 mins to locate the hotel..hotel staffs attitude is too bad...they don't even pick the intercom...the towels and bed sheet were dull and dirty..we asked for an extra bed which was half broken...the complimentary breakfast really sucks...u can't even eat them...altogether our experience was tooooo bad...we checked out after 1 day and then took 1 tourist hotel which was far better than this...not recommended at all..

• Stayed December 2011
10 Thank Paranormalcoder

Travellers are raving about these Margao hotels

Pune
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I was with my family and went to Goa. While returning I wanted to get Konkan railway from Madgaon. This hotel is close to railway station (around 1.5 km) and can be walked down with less luggage. We approached the hotel from Madgaon municipal building where bus leaves you as last stop. We had to inquire a lot to get the hotel. Interestingly there are few bikes available who can drop you at your destination just like rickshaw.
The hotel is having nice lobby and multistory building. We checked in the room. It was very nice to see large window where from we could see longer distance, lush green mango trees, listen whistles of railway engines etc. The room was quite bigger and neat & clean. The bed, TV were of good quality & taste. Many times I see very smaller TV sets in budget hotels (especially in Delhi) However here TV was bigger & good picture quality. Toilet / bathroom also good and clean.
Later we went out for walk in evening. There is nice children park near municipal corporation. Our kid enjoyed playing different games there. After some time, we experienced some heavy rain showers also. We also had some shopping on foot path hawkers nearby. We had to take auto to get to the hotel as lights were off after heavy rain. Thankfully hotel had genset working. We freshed and went to adjoining restaurant which is there part only. The food was ok, but I felt bit uncomfortable there as it was bar also. Anyway after dinner, we rested in the room. It was very peaceful sleep. In morning we took bed tea & milk for our kid. It was elegant room and stay we enjoyed. The only problem was, the hotel management wanted us to pay some difference between the travel website charged us and what they get from them. They were saying that their contract with travel website was with old rate and we should pay the difference. We could convince them that it was their and travel website issue and we have no role to play in. Finally they agreed. But in overall it was good stay and we went to catch the very famous Konkan railway which is very pleasant with natural beauty.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank PuneTravelbud
kolhapur
Reviewed 12 June 2011

I had the misfortune of staying in Hotel Panchsheel near Madgaon in South Goa. I have seen good hotels, I have seen bad hotels and I have seen average hotels but this hotel should come in the category of worst hotels.
I had booked their most expensive air-conditioned suite and this is what I got:
The ants were crawling all over the floor near the door. Their bed lights, bathroom lights and mirror lights were not working at all. Phone was dead. Regulator of their fan was not working. There was no cleanliness and no one would come to even sweep the floors till you complained to the reception. There was no room service since the phone was not working. Mind you, phones of more than 50% of the rooms were not working and the guests had to shout their orders standing at the passage. The funny thing is my passage light was also not working.
I stayed there for three days and drinking water was not provided or changed even once. The staff seemed least bothered about their guests and were totally indifferent. I had to carry my luggage myself both while checking in and checking out. On top of it on the last day there was no water supply at all and I could not even take bath.
I got all this despite booking their most expensive room. I shudder to think what treatment the ordinary guests would get

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
14 Thank Vinodhemdev
New Delhi
Reviewed 18 December 2010

Hotel is good and neat and clean.Only tea is served in room.For breakfast,lunch and dinner have to go to the restaurant which is below.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank khanin22
worldwide
Reviewed 24 November 2010

big stains (blood?) on the wall and in the bed, dusty, wires are hanging out of the wall, uncozy, bathroom was clean (but stinky), neonlights, dirty linen (hair plus stains)... even the pictures on the wall are hanging crooked... and it was hard to understand the staff.

doubleroom with fan/no ac: 750 indian rupees

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
7 Thank akimbalthasar
Puducherry
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I am a regular Business traveler to Goa. Generally I stay at the Ginger in Panjim.As this trip involved a larger part of my work to be in Madgaon, I sought out a Budget hotel in Margao. A business acquaintance suggested Panchsheel. I checked in and was pleasantly surprised at the room and its cleanliness. The rates were reasonable - Rs.800/- for a Single occupancy AC room, with a Road facing Window. Had the standard facilities - TV, AC, Bed Light, Telephone, etc. The pleasant part was the attached restaurant on the Ground floor. Good food, fantastic Chilled Beer, and limited crowd.... Room service was acceptable, and the Receptionist staff were courteous and helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank guptapravin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Margao
William's Beach Retreat
#1 of 5 in Margao
The Rivasa Resort
The Rivasa Resort
#95 of 113 in Calangute

Been to Hotel Panchsheel? Share your experiences!