“Excellent Day trip for Everyone”
Review of Khai Island

Khai Island
Book In Advance
More Info
US$133.76*
and up
Phi Phi Deluxe Island-Hopping Tour by Speedboat...
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Went here with our group of nine people consisting of 6 Adults & 3 children. Although on the day the condition of the sea was a bit rough, once we arrived at the Island it was great. Good place to snorkel & you can see a variety of multi coloured fish. The fish will come right up to the shore when you feed them. Go to a 7-11 or family mart & buy some bread to take with you as the fish go nuts on it. The sea is warm compared to our 10 Deg C at home & I took my own snorkel set from home as the sterilization process can be a bit dodgy & i don't the breather tube in my mouth. If you do the 1/2 day tour, you will end up going to three islands in total & in my opinion, this is better value for money than Phi Phi island & doesn't take as long. On the last island, we had complementary soft drink & fruits.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"sunblock"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 15 August 2014

booked a tour from the tour booth and visited khai island as our last stop of the tour. Did a little snorkeling there, rather fun, relaxed abit on the beachfront.

Just an advice to anyone heading out for these island tours, bring as little items as you can, it is really troublesome lugging around a big bag with clothes and stuffs inside while getting on and off the stops, and it could really spoil your trip.

1  Thank XiangJun11
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We visited the Khai islands on a half day tour booked from our hotel in Kamala. We chose the half day tour as opposed to a full day tour as we were unsure how our kids were going to handle it.

We first visited Khai Nok with its pristine white sand beach. We were not alone here. There were a lot of other tour boats anchored with several hundred other tourists on the beach. We had about an hour and a bit here to snorkel and feed the fish. The kids had never snorkelled before but took to it like a duck to water. My son loved it so much we then took the option to go to the 2nd island Khai Nai (you could stay on Khai Nok for the whole morning if you wanted). Khai Nai doesn't have a beach so you anchor about 100 metres off shore and dive straight off the boat. Personally I thought the snorkelling at Khai Nai was a bit average. There was also a strong currant that we had to battle and took some of the enjoyment away for me as I was always continuously watching my son.

When we returned to Khai Nok the place was almost deserted. My wife and daughter had the place to themselves. In hindsight I wish I had stayed on Khai Nok for the whole morning.

The only downside of our trip was the transfer from Kamala. The roads are windy and the pier we embarked from was on the edge of Phuket town so we ended up travelling along a lot of windy roads. No fast roads like the trip to Phuket Royal Marina. As a result we got to the pier feeling a little green. The English lady sitting behind us got out and vomitted as soon as the van stopped. I admire her control to hold it in until then.

So a great family morning adventure. I would recommend this trip to any family wanting their kids to experience snorkelling for the first time. Just keep in mind the roughest part is probably the transfer from the hotel.

4  Thank Greg T
Reviewed 30 July 2014

15 - 20 Minute from Ratsada Pier. Khai islands ( Khai is Thai Language, It's mean Egg) consists of three islands. Khai Nok island, Khai Nai Island and Khai Niu island. The island is worth visiting for the holidays. You can see the fish from the beaches and can snorkelling around the islands. Children can enjoy the beach.