“Best Option for Rocket Festival”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of J.P. Emerald Hotel

J.P. Emerald Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Yasothon
Udon Thani
“Best Option for Rocket Festival”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We checked out today after staying 2 nights for the Rocket Festival (Prapheni Bun Bang Fai). When booking a few weeks ago I wasn't expecting much due to some poor reviews here but ended up impressed. We were met outside in the rain by someone to take our bags. The lobby, restaurant outside area is beautiful and check in was very fast. Throughout our stay staff was excellent. Our Deluxe Room which isn't much more than standard is well worth the upgrade as is much larger, has a sofa, and large balcony. It is however not all positive. The rooms hardwood floors (which look fine, but...) walking on them our feet became black so they're dirty. The sofa was a bit warn and we had small bug bites (bed bugs or ants not sure as didn't see them but noticed the bites / rash when sleeping. I suppose also is possible was some sort of rash from bleach but 2 of us got it - to stress wasn't excessive). Still the area is awesome, and for where it is this is a nice hotel. If you're used to typical Isaan hotels this is not bad at all. If coming for Rocket Festival it is only good option around and I'll have no problem staying here again in future.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Deluxe room. It is not much more cost wise and is much larger, has sofa and balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jim G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pathum Thani
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

This Hotel is one of the few choices in Yasothon. Make sure you don't end up here until they have reworked the place in its entirety. The rooms are smelly and worn down. Their practice to overcharge foreigners during the Rocketfestival in May was a painful experience, previously made bookings were not honored. We had a horrific stay there and our car was damaged in their guarded parking lot overnight. Warm water wasn't available for morning showers and their food was disgusting and expensive. Every street vendor put more taste and pride in his product at 10% of these charges.

Room Tip: Avoid this place if you can ;)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank abstinent

Travellers are raving about these Yasothon hotels

Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Ich war im Mai/Juni 2012 in Yasothon Freunde besuchen. Wir haben mehrmals ausgezeichnet dort gegessen, auch Frühstück. Natürlich alles Thailändisch. Im Gegensatz zu anderen Bewertern mag ich die Thai Küche rund um die Uhr und brauche keinen Continental Food wenn ich in Asien bin. Also für den der es mag, ausgezeichnetes Thailändisches Essen und nettes Personal. English ist im Restaurant eher ein Problem also einheimische Freunde mit nehmen.
Last May/June 2012 I went to Yasothon visiting friends. We eat several times there and I have to say excelent Thai food and nice staff. Further I have to remark it is a Thai Hotel in the Thai province of Isan. Dont expect continental breakfast or english language everywhere. What you have there is excellent Thai food and Thai hospitality. Please be aware of this if you plan or have to go in the Thai province, this is NOT BKK, but its a very nice and interesting place and good people there. Be open minded and open hearted and you will not regret

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

We were in Yosothon to Attend a Wedding of a good friend! They did a Great Job in Planning and Execution of the Event. I will say the Rooms are a little on the shabby side but will work in a pinch. You do not have alot to choose from and when You are in Yosothon I'd say this is it!! breakfast is OK, siding on weak!!

Room Tip: They are pretty Helpful at the front desk!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gary Z
meanhorse
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

I was there for the rocket festival May 2012. I really liked the place. The room was nice, large and clean. I even had a pretty good view. Breakfast was more for Asian people, but they had enough western stuff to keep my bother happy (which means any one should be ok). We made friends with the manager. He is a great guy and very helpful, he introduced us to a lot of Thai people and we had a great time seeing and doing things we may have missed had we not known anyone. The Rocket pub is in the hotel and a fun place.... at least it was that weekend with the festival going on. The price was higher for the festival, but still very reasonable. I would stay there again for sure.

1 Thank meanhorse
Derbshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

After staying at this hotel for a few nights in May 2012 i was absolutely disgusted with the staff they were rude, arrogant and very unhelpful and if you pay by a credit card watch your bill when you get home as they charge you twice and then play the "No speak English".

Other than that the rooms were ok but when we had a flood in the bathroom at 530am the staff again didnt want to know and no help was offered to us to move rooms even though my wife and i are of the older generation and my wife is disabled. I would definately not stay here again.

2 Thank swadlincoteblue
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I am working in Yasothon over the next few months. I got lost in my hotel room - it was huge, and clean.
The hotel is a massive place for such a small place.
I got lots of sleep and he staff were very nice.
The karaoke at dinner time was a crime against humanity, but thankfully there is a good coffee shop down the street, just ask erception.
Wednesday night they have a night market abut 600m down the road, it is really quite nice and friendly. Not many farangs in Yaso!!!
I am looking forward to going back

Room Tip: Get a high floor and you can see the lake
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yasothon
Hop Inn Roi Et
#2 of 28 in Ubon Ratchathani
Boonsiri Boutique Hotel
Boonsiri Boutique Hotel
#3 of 7 in Sisaket

Been to J.P. Emerald Hotel? Share your experiences!