“A more than pleasant stay!”

Koh Kood Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Ko Kut
“A more than pleasant stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

To be honest my boyfriend and I didn't really expect much to avoid disappointments (due to previous experiences) and we were right! Koh kood is really one rare piece of hidden gem! We love how it's not commercialized like most of the other islands out there.
We were greeted warmly by the staffs as soon as we set foot on the pier. The staffs picked us up from the pier which isn't too far away from the resort. You can tell that the staffs were really genuine in providing the best service that they could, besides, the staffs speak really fluent English! (a super bonus added point)
Coffee & tea are provided 24/7 in the common area/restaurant. There's only small white beach but you can kayak nearby, or swim in the infinity pool. Kayak and snorkeling equipments are free of charge.Not many activities available (especially when the night falls) but I guess that's the whole point, to just sit back and relax.
We had all our meals in the resort and I've had the BEST tomyamgoong ever. The food in general were beyond my expectation and the prices are fair enough. Breakfast selection is limited however it's good.
We enjoyed our stay here a lot. The only downside that I would want to point out is the bungalow's bit old, they probably need to do some light refurbishment to keep it up to standard.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank SukHui

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We had never been to either Trad or Koh Kood, so we call the hotel center in BKK. Kun "Noom" (or Nim?) was so friendly and ready to help us from BKK and along the way when we had any question. She was so nice and happy to help. We arrived to the island and staff was there to pick us. Everyone there was friendly. Infinity pool was great. Food was great but a bit expensive. Coffee and tea are free 24/7. If you want warm welcome, great service. I would suggest to stay here.
Neg : It would be nice if the hotel has signs "do not interrupt" or "clean the room" otherwise, housekeepers came to look into our glass sliding door every morning.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank somkhem
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

A very nice place, really a paradise place. The staff was great and very helpful. It is run by a Danish company, so everything is in very high standard. Also there is almost no beach and the small trip there is is a bit dirty.
Breakfast; buffet, with limit choises. Egg selection, bread, youkurt, juices. It was good but not great.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Geo_Denmark
Minsk, Belarus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed at the Koh Kood Beach Resort in December for 4 days and found the place to be acceptable. The first thing that I should mention is that the hotel is located on a fantastic island that is not overly commercialized yet. See it while you can before they turn it into a circus like Koh Chang. Most hotels on the island are incredibly rustic and the beach resort is better than most of them. As another reviewer wrote, please be warned that this is not a luxury hotel, but something far more rustic. The location had a campground feel to it that I still cannot explain. Weigh your choices when deciding on this hotel:

Pros:
1. Laundry Service - they charge about $2 per kilo to wash clothes for guests. They actually did a fast, quality job with our clothes.
2. Bacon for breakfast - let's be real honest. I would have given this place 3 stars instead of 4, but they served bacon for breakfast. Mmmmm, bacon.
3. The beach - the hotel has a very nice small beach that is easy for the little ones to enter. The sea is quite calm there and there are some fish to see with the provided snorkels. On that note...
4. Free snorkels, kayaks, mountain bikes. Leave a deposit, borrow their equipment.
5. The pool - the hotel pool delighted my children for days.

The cons:
1. Attack of the ants! Our first night, our room was nearly over run with ants. They were on the walls, the bed and the floor. However, after we brushed them aside and sprayed some insect repellent at their point of entry (the ceiling), they never returned.
2. Stray dogs. Watch out for the stray dogs that roam the hotel grounds. At one point they surrounded me and started to growl, but I happened to get the attention of one of the staff members. He knew the dogs well and they backed off of me, but I was still very concerned that they would attack at another point.
3. Expensive massage. The hotel offers massage, but it was easily twice as much as anywhere else we saw on our vacation. However, I should note that we did not get the massage there and it might have been worth it.
4. Nescafe for breakfast. OK, so I am a little bit of a coffee snob, but I believe that if you are paying for a resort with breakfast included, then it should have a decent cup of coffee.

In the end, we would probably stay here again, but would plan ahead to avoid some of the pitfalls that we encountered on the first trip.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank WorkInk
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

Koh Kood is what Koh Samui was 15 to 20 years ago before it was over developed. The resort is located in a beautiful bay and to watch the sunset from the swimming pool is an unforgettable experience. We stayed in one of the Bali bungalows. The attached outdoor bathroom surrounded by a wall is a nice touch. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the food at the restaurant is excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend this resort. Getting to Koh Kood takes a bit more effort than getting to other resorts but it's well worth it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank tamfaeglesga
LONDON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

Came to Koh Kood from Koh Mak thinking it could not be better - but it was! Self contained bungalows stand back from the beach in thick jungle - it really does make you feel like you've escaped from the rat race, especially when the wildlife springs to life at night.
The bungalows are spacious and rustic - do not expect 5 star luxury - but the ambience and decor were unbeatable. A great restaurant offering inexpensive Thai food (though not as cheap as Koh Chang) and friendly, efficient customer service is conveniently located at reception. Bang Bao beach, which is where these bungalows are situated, immediately entered our Top 10 favourite beaches of all time list. Free kayaking and snorkelling combine to make this feel like a value- for- money place.
And so to my one gripe. I asked about boats back to Koh Mak upon our arrival. I was told there was a boat at 9.15 am and 12.15pm. I asked to be booked on the latter. I was told later that this was booked for us, so I tried not to think about it again. Call it a sixth sense, but something in my head was telling me all was not right. On our day of departure I had packed everything up while my partner had a Thai massage. At 11am we went to check out and pick up the tickets for our boat. We paid and were given our tickets. As I walked away I noticed the tickets said 11am departure. I immediately queried this with reception - yes the boat would leave at 11am and nobody had told us this. The time now? 11.03am! My eyes immediately focussed on the pier. In the distance the speed boat was approaching. I don't think even Sebastian Coe ran as fast as we did to pick up our bags and leg it up the pier! Naughty. That said, I wouldn't have been sad to stay on at Koh Kood Resort on this little piece of paradise.

Room Tip: The air conditioned rooms are closer to the beach and have well appointed patios with hammock. Ask...