“Nice looking bu Half-finished”

Cham's House Koh Kood Resort
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Ko Kut
Reviewed 23 February 2014

It was the first time I stayed on Koh Kood Island and since there are not a lot of choice on this island of Thailand it was easy to choose Cham's house for our stay with my mother.
The hotel was very quiet with the whole beach to itself and the ocean view bungalow was great and cosy especially the bathroom which was spacious and very clean. We had a hot shower issue for the time of our stay but it was not a big issue since the weather was very hot.

The staff was very friendly and especially the Spa team and their Spa services which were amazing!!

However we had a very bad experience at their restaurant The Rice which served us everything but real thai food. The breakfast choice there was poor too and not fresh. The only OK place to eat was their European style restaurant Bombyx bar, although it was not the style of food we were looking for for our Thailand holidays. The service was very slow, we waited more than 30 min for two salads.

They did a great job at organising a nice outdoor area with local plants and flowers, respecting the trees and landscape, but at night it didn't have enough lighting and it was hard to go down the stairs and to find our room.

In general we had a good time because Koh kood is a beautiful island and the staff made our stay cosier but the place could get some improvements on their restaurant, the rapidity of the service, the choice at their Boutique and the lighting.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank noodleandcoconut
There are newer reviews for Cham's House Koh Kood Resort

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We arrived by Boonsiri Catamaran Ferry and was transported to Chams House by the ferry Companys Taxi.
Up on arriwal the friendly staff welcomed us wiht a cold towels and a nice drink.
Our room (Deluxe with jacuzi), was spacious, clean and with a nice king size bed. The bathroom was also spacious and with complimentary shampoo, shower gel and mosquito spray.
The minibar was complimentary - and the housekeeping supplemented with more Water, when they made the room ready for the night.
The room is included breakfast buffet - it was variated and the coffee really good.
Both restaurants are good. The one on the Beach served western food and cocktails ( happy hour from 17.00 - 19.00)
In the main Building they served thai food - we simply loved the yellow curry with prawns. The staff in the restaurants are very very kind, helpfull and polite.
We tryed the Spa at Chams House - maybe it is a little bit expensive compared to the massage you can get on the Beach. But it really was a nice experience, and we think it is value for Money.
We will love to come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper level - for the best ocean view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is he ultimate stay on this island. Luxury villas with own pool and veranda with daybed. The friendly and good english speaking staff, made our stay very pleasant. The beach was clean, with clear water and great for snorkeling. Breakfast was ok, but can be better.. A place I will return to next time I visit Koh Kuud.

Room Tip: The beach villas with pool had a very nice sunset and nice gardens. But it was a long walk up to the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed at Chams House for seven nights in January 2014. We had originally booked a room, but on arrival upgraded to Villa with pool, at a negotiable price, very happy.
The villa was outstanding in every way, in reply to a previous review, yes, the open air bathroom did occasionaly have a few leaves in it, but it would would, nt it !!
All the staff from Manager to cleaners, gardeners etc were a complete joy to deal with.
Scooter rental is available, the roads on Koh Kood are easy with minimal traffic.
The food at both restaurants was very well cooked and presented beautifully.
We have travelled Thailand extensively over the years but wanted a week of luxury this time and that is what we got.
Would reccomend to all.
Thanks to everyone at Chams House.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dave E
Reviewed 22 January 2014

It's all about the beach -- clean, soft white sand, ringed with palms and other trees, with a jungle backdrop. And the water, did I mention the water? Crystal clear, calm and perfect temperature for swimming, floating, wading, snorkeling, kayaking and daydreaming. It's the island paradise you see in the movies that you really don't believe exists.
The place is sedate, very sedate. A few people here and there, reading, dozing, quiet conversation. A few young kids about, some 20-30ish couples, more 50-plus couples. Although there is a very pretty beach bar, it too is quiet. Perfect for me but maybe too quiet for our younger Thai friends.
The grounds are beautiful. The open-air restaurant -- gorgeous. The infinity pool is pretty but not inviting (who cares with the great beach?). We love our (peek-a-boo) ocean view villa (301). Somebody put a lot of thought and creativity into designing the resort. There are a few odd things, design and function-wise but mostly it works well.
Staff here are great ( thank you!!). Food is pretty good, and sometimes great. Everything is clean. One could nit-pick about things but you'd be missing the point. This is not a corporate hotel chain but something unique. We enjoyed it very much.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Excellent design and location (but far from ferry) the journey is well worth it.
Food (as is to be expected at remote location) is acceptable but not outstanding. But you're not here for the food!
Beautiful beach, clear water in Nov-March period (peak season) Island roads for the adventurous only. Tranquil gardens well laid out accomodation on slope rising from the beach. Banana, palm and frangipani surrounding villas

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Argonauta1
chk123, General Manager at Cham's House Koh Kood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you Dear Valuable guest to share your opinion about your stay.
Your feedback is much appreciated and will be shared with the kitchen to improve the dishes.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I was planning to stay 3 days 2 nights in this resort with a group of my friends in 2014 Jan and managed to make the booking online in mid of Nov. I sent the email out to the hotel to make sure what the package included and the cancellation policy before I made the booking. As I know there's always a risk to make booking too early. It was smooth and I got my room confirmed and guaranteed in full paid by credit card. Lately my dog has been sick due to tumors so that I don't think I can get away for a while so I tried to cancel the booking before the deadline according to the cancellation policy sent by the front office. Yesterday the hotel front desk sent me refund notification at the beginning but after a while hotel sent me second email to inform me that I couldn't get any refund due to cancellation is not allowed for the package as indicated in the package and the booking confirmation. They explained the cancellation policy they sent to me by email is just valid for room part only. But it is completely not the case. The emails between the hotel reservation and myself, I only mentioned about the package in the entire email and what hotel replied to me is only with the word “Package” and I don’t see any “room only”. Then they offered me to change the date of booking but I totally don’t want to stay in this hotel with such bad experience. First of all, as a customer, I truly believe that hotel front desk should provide me a clear information particularly related to the cancellation policy part. It may be my mistake I shouldn’t have trusted the information provided by your hotel staff and I should have gone through all the details on my own without contacting with any hotel staff. But I really feel frustrated when your staff telling me that no refund policy has been indicated in “booking confirmation”. That means I was told there was refund before I booked but there wasn’t after I paid in full. I truly cannot accept to be misleading and cannot get my money back. I hope if anyone can help me on this issue. Thank you very much.

Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank rainbowpoon
chk123, General Manager at Cham's House Koh Kood Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Mrs. Rainbowpoon,

First of all, I wish and hope that your canine is doing better, also that the vet could make a successful surgery to remove those tumors; I know how important a dog can be in a human’s life.

Concerning your inquire to find someone who can help you with your issue, I would like personally to bring the answer to your question, and inform you that during the booking process on our website ( https://v3.reservation-system.net/BE/PackageList.aspx ) the terms and conditions are clearly indicated, and stipulated that they are non-refundable and notified before any payment is requested. Terms and conditions for packages, special promotions etc. are nearly the same in the hotel industry worldwide.
It is manifestly difficult to make our conditions more evident as published.

Nevertheless, as you noticed, we proceeded exceptionally to the refund of your booking; in this case it has to be considered as a special rescue fund for the man's best friend surgical expenses.

Most sincerely,