“Great resort but...”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Ko Kut
Skurup, Sweden
“Great resort but...”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed here for 5 Days during the christmas holidays 2013.The resort i beutifully located at a pristine beach. The resort i very nice, the staff, especially the two wonderful bartenders is helpful but. The food at the resturant is not good at all, and for a hotel/resort priced at this level you need a good and classy resturant. The breakfast buffé is amongs the worst we ever had. Almost nothing to eat if youre an westener and dont want to eat rice for breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ahlberg2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

i've stayed at peter pan on 1-3 nov. though the price of the package's quite high, but the beautiful beach, friendly staffs and great foods were worth to spend. i'll consider to go back again for sure & highly recommend the resort!! however, the noise from the construction site could be a bit annoyed you.

Stayed November 2556, travelled with friends
2 Thank Thedoggy M
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have a lot of expectation with this resort because it's a very famous resort among Thai people. But I am very very disappointed.

First Impression : I arrived in koh kood by boat which hotel already know my schedule and time of arrival. When we arrive at the hotel gate. It was raining no one near the gate at all. We had to walk in the rain and carry our bags until we found the lobby which quite far from the gate. On the way to lobby we met a lot of staff but they didn't come to help us at all. When we arrive no welcome drink !!!

Check in : Check in was fine quick and smooth

Room : we stay at deluxe villa ( coral upper floor ) The room was disgusting. Dirty , old. Pillow was disgusting , smelly. We have to close the curtain all the time because all other room facing each other. No privacy at all. First morning we were waken up by lower floor guest. and all stay we have to hear construction noise 5 metre away from my room from neighbour resort and 10 metre away from peterpan lobby and bar. This is a disaster. My dream of relaxation with beautiful beach have gone away.The cleanliness was horrible. Later on I decided to leave to resort.

Service : This is the worst part. I feel that the staff don't know what they are doing. I saw more staffs than big 5 star resorts. But I only saw one staff service in each section and other were group together and chatting in the table close to me in the restaurant or went to beach and play football or swimming. and the staff who service us usually watch the movie on her phone with a very loud voice. How possibly I could have a relax holiday in this resort. Except khun Lek who always helpful and friendly.

Food : The food was fantastic. Price was acceptable 150THB for a single dish. They actually give all the guest free snack in the afternoon with come with 1 main and 2 dessert. Very generous. I love this.

The beach : don't consider come here in the low season. It's totally difference place with high season. in the low season the water turn from crystal clear blue to dirty black or brown. The waves very strong while in high season was nearly no waves.

After 1 days of non relax holiday with construction going and horrible service. I complain them and they offer us a new room which still hear construction noise. Later we decide to leave the resort and move to Tinker Bell which is their sister resort same owner by pay the difference of room rate.

Conclusion : The room was disgusting. The service was unacceptable. The food was good. My suggestion is the spend extra and go for Tinker Bell

Room Tip: Don't pay for higher category. They very similar and all of the room are disgusting. I would rec...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KOSMOTraveller

Travellers are raving about these Ko Kut hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We are book peter pan resort , koh kood via http://www.koh-kood.com/ko-kood/ . We stay pool villa at 3 nights ,the room was nice and clean and the staff were very helpful and service minded .Breakfast buffet offers a good variety of Western and Asian dishes. The hotel bar is very nice with a great variety of cocktails.The beach is very beautiful and the water is crystal clear and you can see the fish swimming around your legs .

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Namchieo W
Bangkok
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I and my family, (wife and two boys) stayed between the 12th and 17th of May 2013 at the Peter Pan resort.
All of us had a wonderful time with lots of playing in the lovely beach, snorkeling and motorcycle rides around the island. The resort folks had also made arrangements for a visit to a waterfall nearby (not to be missed!)
We stayed at the Anemone room that was only about 15 m from the beach and the reception and bar were just a stone throw away. The room was clean and well maintained.
The food is great ... however if you are not a Thai Seafood aficionado, you might be a tad disappointed ... I would recommend folks to just buy and bed and breakfast package and order a la carte or travel around and experiment with food at small wayside eateries.
The staff is amazingly kind and helpful... always smiling, they are arguably the best that I have come across in Thailand. Khun Apple, the resort manager needs special mention for her proactivity and support.
All in all, Koh Kood and Peter Pan should be a must do for folks who would like a complete 'Amazing Thailand' experience!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank thampypg
Thailand
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

My 3rd time here - looking forward to going back there again. The fine sand beach, clear water, with view of tropical forest are well worth the 5 hr-drive from Bkk and an hr on speed boat. The all-inclusive packages for my big family and a dog made a vacation fully enjoyable for everyone and I could rest worry-free.
Delish seafood buffet style served every 2 hr (no kiddings!). The staff were well-trained, happy to take care of us and our dog, and very friendly. Most impressed with one of the dive guides who helped my mom got over the fear of snorkling (she's a good swimmer but wasn't accustom with breathing through the snorkle) and showed us the beautiful reefs at Rang Islands for 2 hrs. Many thanks.

• Stayed April 2013
County Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

There are three nearby resorts of the same owner, with Tinkerbell the most expensive and and Captain Hook the cheapest. This review is for Peter Pan. The place caters mainly for Thai tourists opting for weekend all inclusive packages, which offer pretty good value especially since the food is very delicious and plentiful. The resort is on a mini peninsula with the sea on one side and and a river on the other, which provides a good breeze with less mosquitoes than one might expect. The beach is beautiful with a very gentle slope and is ideal for swimming. The bungalows are of decent quality and cleanliness, and and the staff is very friendly with some of them speaking English. Generally a very good place for relaxing, especially if one avoids the weekends.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends