All reviewsshantaa resortoutdoor bathroomkoh koodconcrete pierlong beachthai foodsweet roomrooms are beautifulprivate beachpeace and quietan eyesoreour honeymoonbeach towelsrain showersmall islandtotal relaxationfantastic resort
Reviewed 20 April 2014

All aspects of this hotel exceeded our expectations during our recent Bangkok getaway. The staff, always gracious and intensely earnest, saw to it that all of our simple requests were always fulfilled from the complementary pick-up at the ferry pier to sourcing delectable (and local) seafood for dinner at the resort's mouthwatering restaurant.

Definitely a prominent entry to add to your "Places to Visit" list...

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is a beautiful hotel and resort. I don't think the photos on the website really do it justice. The hotel complex is actually quite large and much of it is beautifully landscaped with palm trees and flowers. There are plenty of sun loungers and chairs dotted around the accommodation, including on two beaches. The food is excellent and very reasonably priced (cheap!) considering they have a captive audience; the beach bar does delicious fruit ice smoothies. We did not find the public pier a problem at all, in fact it was quite interesting watching people come and go throughout the day - the other side of the pier is a half mile long completely undisturbed beach, which was really beautiful. We stayed in a Shantaa Sweet villa, which was lovely. There was some building work going on while we were there, but this wasn't at all disruptive.

1  Thank Traveller23456
Reviewed 3 April 2014

i stayed in shantaa with my husband and i highly recomand this place!! The atmospher is just exceptional! everybody is here to make you feel good..
And i didn t talk aboud the food, best on the island!!
if you have a chance to stay do not miss it !!

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I'm a bit reluctant to review this place just because I don't want this island to be inundated by the masses but it would be an injustice to the Shantaa resort if I did not give my review! It was a piece of paradise- heaven on earth. The only down side is the journey to get there, 4 hours by car from Bangkok then 1.5 hours by boat! But it was so worth it. The service is unbelievable, met with a warm welcome drink and Ivey cold towels to cool us down while they took care of our luggage. The villas were beautiful, loved the outside coconut shower. Didn't have to carry any cash around as everything was charged to your room and the staff knew which room you had with out asking- amazingly! Was pleasantly surprised at the bill at the end of the stay which included bike hire, massage and snorkelling trip! We had a lovely relaxing, chilling out stay with our friends. Not a lot of sights to see on the island but the beaches are beautiful. No pool , but it wasn't missed because the sea was so perfect and warm!
So, I don't think you really need to go to Shantaa now I've told you everything, think I should keep it for myself ;)

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Although they were fully booked when we wanted to stay, we came for lunch at Shantaa and it was perhaps the most delicious food I have ever eaten. So I thought that deserved a special mention! Try the chef's specials - especially the salad with raw fish and mint. The place looked beautiful and well maintained, will try to come back in the future - if only for that salad....

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple