All reviewsshantaa resortoutdoor bathroomkoh koodconcrete pierlong beachthai foodsweet roomrooms are beautifulprivate beachpeace and quietan eyesoreour honeymoonbeach towelsrain showersmall islandtotal relaxationfantastic resort
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I don't have one bad thing to say about Shantaa. I'm not sure how anyone could. I recently stayed in one of the Sweets (S3) for 6 nights with my fiance. This resort exceeded our expectations in every way possible. We are already planning our next trip.

Pros:
- The sweet was amazing. It was clean, beautiful, and comfortable. The outside bathroom was so beautiful and the jacuzzi was a nice perk. There was plenty of storage room for clothes and luggage. The front balcony and chairs with a beautiful view of the water and palm trees was a great place for morning coffee or sunset beers!
- The FOOD. We cannot get over how good the food was. We eat Thai food regularly and we have never had better and more authentic Thai food than what was served at Shantaa. The free breakfast was incredible. We stuck with American breakfasts for the first half of the trip, which were amazing. And then when we switche to the Thai breakfasts (boiled rice with sausage and salted fish!), we never turned back. Fresh fruit juices, fresh coffee, fresh fruit platter, you name it - it's all incredible. For lunch, we usually ordered down at the beach bar and the food was delivered to us from the restaurant. And for dinner we ate every night at the restaurant. The menu is big so you can easily eat 3 meals a day for weeks and not try everything. We had the best red and green curries we've ever had. The #76 is to die for...just try it. The mango with sticky rice is perfect. The papaya salad, spring rolls, pad thai, fried rice, shrimp with chili basil sauce, chicken with pepper sauce, EVERYTHING, was delicious. On the last night, we pre-ordered a spicy whole crispy fish. It was one of the best meals we have ever had.
- The resort is so large and spread out that you feel like you have the whole place to yourself. The villas are so spaced out that you have plenty of privacy. You never have to worry about not having a chair or anything.
- Free use of kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, and snorkle gear.
- The snorkeling right off of the beach is amazing. We went on a snorkle trip and didn't see anything as good as we saw right at the resort.
- There are two beaches - One is a rocky beach that isn't great for swimming but it is great if you just want to lie out and read and drink and have some privacy. We never saw more than one other couple when we were at this beach. The other beach is amazing. It isn't huge but it is big enough for everything you want. Half of it is rocky and filled with coral and fish for snorkeling. And half of it is soft and sandy and perfect for swimming or wading in the surf. And on the other side of the pier is a mile-long sandy beach with a couple of other resorts.
- The service is incredible. Every single staff member at Shantaa was friendly and helpful.
- Everything on the resort is pristine. The grounds, the villas, the beach, the water, the restaurant.

Cons:
- None. This resort is perfect.

-Don't let it bother you that there is a pier next to the sandy beach. It is barely in use. I think we saw 2 or 3 boats during our entire 6 night stay.
- I read someone's review that the beach is tiny and rocky. This is absolutely not the case. It is small, but there is a good 30+ meters of completely soft white sand. The water is crystal clear. It is paradise.

Room Tip: The Sweets are closest to the sandy beach and the restaurant. But from what I saw, every room has a beautiful ocean view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Shantaa is a magical place. Everything was great including the amazing scenery, the food from the restaurant and the cocktails from the bar at sunset. We enjoyed three days here I don't have a bad word to say. The beach on the opposite side of the pier is amazing and the resort provides snorkels, kayaks and paddle boards. We barely left the resort for the whole three days.

Room Tip: Ask for a front row villa before arrival.
Reviewed 13 November 2017

This hotel possesses a quiet, cool luxury that seems perfect both for Koh Kood and the modern traveller. The gardens are glorious with endless little corners to lose yourself in a book or to watch the boats go by (the vistas across the bay are second-to-none). Our villa (number 1x) was one of my favourite rooms we had ever stayed in. I loved the way each area was elevated: from balcony, to sofa area to bed and finally the bathroom in its very own little garden at the back. The bath and shower surrounded by palm trees were gorgeous.
Be sure to visit the beach on the right of the resort; it has a little beach café with the perfect balcony for watching the sunset behind the cove.
The restaurant is utterly delicious. It has a reputation for being one of the best on the island, one that is richly deserved. Even when we had moved on to another hotel (we went to three on the island, for variety), we returned for two dinners at the hotel. The mango and coconut parfait encapsulates all of the best flavours of the island. Portions are large but you’ll want to try everything so order to share! Breakfasts were just lovely on the terrace. Try the omelettes and banana pancakes.
The staff possess a quiet, assured charm and knowledge of their guests. Encapsulated by: When I asked for no ice in my drinks on the first night, this little nuance was remembered for the rest of my stay, with the waitresses attending to me faultlessly. Bliss!

1  Thank ROSANNA F
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Shantaa was one of my best stays in a resort. I really couldn’t fault anything, and I’m a hard customer to please. We stayed in a “Sweet Shantaa”, room was very comfortable with great views, manicured gardens and amazing outdoor bathroom. Massages were wonderful as was the food in the restaurant. The beach was......you guessed it, wonderful. Unfortunately I booked only 3 nites. One couple we met were half way through a 26 night stay!! Wonderful.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Wonderful stay from start to end. Got picked up at the pier by the hotel shuttle and check-in was super fast. Rooms are beautiful, very comfortable and we loved the exterior bathroom.

Main facilities are well maintained, the garden is absolutely splendid and offers great sunset views. Breakfast is great (a la carte) and service is fast.

The only thing is that Shantaa advertises having direct access to the beach (which is true) however, these are very small strips surrounded by rocks which are great in photos but slightly less to have a swim. Coming to Koh Kood you'll want to go proper pristine beaches which are a few kilometers down south.

I would recommend the Shantaa in a heartbeat as this is one of the loveliest hotel I have stayed in Thailand. On our first stay in Koh Kood we stayed at the Horizon Resort and trust me, for a few more Baht here at Shantaa you'll get your money's worth.

Room Tip: All rooms faces the ocean but ask for one in the first row
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family