“Like in heaven”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Ko Kut
Basel, Switzerland
“Like in heaven”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Upon arriving by the Soneva private plane and speedboat started a wonderful stay at this incredible place surrounded by jungle. Our beach villa was amazing, the whole location is unique and the food excellent. The whole thing was topped by a discrete and excellent service. We felt like in paradise, this place can be addictive.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fred_and_Wilma_87
Andrew A, Managing Director at Soneva Kiri, responded to this review, 14 April 2016
Dear Fred_and_Wilma_87,

I am sure this response will surprise you given that you wrote a review on your stay at Soneva Kiri so long ago.

I am sorry that no one was able to respond to your comments at the time but thank you for staying with us and we are still here!

As such please let me know if I can forward any information to you and hopefully welcome you back to Soneva Kiri soon.

Andy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2012

From start to finish the experience was just amazing.
From the second we arrived at Bangkok airport and where greeted by one of Soneva Kiri's charming staff we knew we where going to love our holiday.We boarded the Sonveva 8 seater airplane with the luxurious leather seats and off we flew to paradise.
We were greated at the landing strip of Soneva Kiri by our private butler and we were then whisked off to the resort on a stunning day boat.
Once we arrived at the resort we were greated by the manager and given a welcome drink of our choice; then take to our stunning huge cliff villa to unpack and chill out.
The beach is without doubt the best we have ever seen it Thailand and the food was of a standard that I have never experienced in a hotel before. While it is true this is an expensive option, the luxury accommodation and service of this resort have to be experienced to appreciate why something's are worth the price!.

Room Tip: Beach villas are amazing
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank JERYLEV
Dear JERYLEV ,

London
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Private propeller plane, private boat ride to the hotel, an enormous villa with pool, everything made of recyclable materials, a wonderful "man Friday", tree-top dining, amazing sunsets over the sea....wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
Thank you 6 Senses.

Room Tip: Cliff-top villa
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HappyGio69
Dear HappyGio69,

East Molesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2012

This resort has everything it takes (and more) for the perfect family /friends experience. A huge range of facilities ~ beautiful pools, superb trips, tennis courts, private beach, your own electric buggy, amazing childrens playden, the most surreal 'chocolate shop' where you can help yourself to Willy Wonka type goodies (choc and lemongrass milk was my particular favourite),the futuristic dining pod experience, amazing spa, great gym, outdoor cinema surrounded by jungle......the list is endless. And yet the resort never seems busy, crowded or rushed. Chilled but active (if you choose to be) with the most discreet but efficient staff in the world.Five star luxury with five star memories. Absolutely Amazing!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank karen995
Dear Karen995 ,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I wrote a review on here about 5 months ago and I have to write another as I can't gush about this place enough! We went to Soneva Kiri a few weeks ago for our wedding - we had 40 guests and it was absolutely incredible. Words can't describe the beauty of the resort and the surrounds. The staff leading up to our wedding were extremely helpful and couldn't have made it a more pleasant experience. The resort itself is really special - you feel like you're in one of the most remote and private spots in the world - hence why we chose it for our wedding location. All our guests were also amazed at the overall experience. Soneva Kiri is extraordinary, you must go!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gemlovestravel
Dear gemlovestravel ,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Positives. Fantastic rooms,great beach and cinema,great service and lovely staff. Lots of innovative ideas such as the chocolate and ice cream room.

Negatives. The plane provided on the way to the resort was not the hotel plane but a chartered one as there were too many arrivals on that day. It was horrendous- dirty old and so hot I nearly fainted. Very complicated place ie 48 light switches in the room and very spread out( half an hour walk from villa to beach) ok they do provide a buggy,but only one so if you and
your partner want to go to separate places one has to walk! Tree pod experience boring and
very expensive ( £300 for two for lunch) .

If you are used to staying in Aman hotels then Soneva Kiri lacks the ATD you will be used to. ie no ice anywhere,beach a bit of a mess with visible bins,no cushions on the chairs, no room service before 730 so if you want a coffee before then it's a kettle and uht milk from the mini
bar,shaving foam provided in the gym but no razors. I could go on and on. However if you are going with children there is more to do here than an Aman hotel. Conclusion for families this is a better bet than Aman but for couples Aman is better. I think the organisation is growing too fast and has forgotten about the little things otherwise Soneva Kiri would be able to justify it's enormous price tag

Room Tip: Get one close to the beach or main hotel area
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank roberts303
Dear roberts303 ,

Maldives
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Great Resort and excellent place to be.
I knew it was an once in a life time trip to one of the remotest area of Thailand known as Koh Kood.
From start till the end it was perfect.
Food was superb,rooms gorgeous,atmosphere was awesome.
Just loved everything of it.
Must for Honeymooners.