Soneva Kiri
US$66
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsprivate planechocolate roomoutdoor cinemabenz restaurantcinema paradisobangkok airportview restaurantgolf buggytree pod diningms fridaysix senseschocolate and ice creamcliff villakids clubno shoeskhun benzin villa dining
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My family and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at this beautiful resort. We had the best holiday ever. From being greeted by many staff members at the jetty, to the outstanding personal service we received during our stay. In terms of food, the range of healthy, locally sourced fish, fruit and vegetables was incredible. You couldn't help but feel healthy, even with a daily visit to the chocolate and ice cream room! The View restaurant was breathtaking and the ever changing menu gave you heaps of choice. The resident chef was very accommodating to my children's food requests too! The Kid's club is called The Den, and is the most creative environment for children, and they get to learn about being Eco-friendly and the nature around them. I couldn't get them out. The staff were fantastic, all of them, although we would love to give a mention to Stefan, who was a great personality at all our meals, and very helpful. Our final night was spent Tree Pod dining, followed by watching a movie under the stars at their outdoor cinema, then star gazing. Soneva Kiri is not like any other resort I have experienced. It made us want to give up our jobs and move there forever!

Room Tip: All the villas are brilliant! We stayed in a beach villa which was lovely for the children to play access and play on. But all the villas have large outdoor areas so I would recommend any of them.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank KentGirl2014
Graham G G, General Manager at Soneva Kiri, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear KentGirl2014,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to have made such an impression and created memorable experiences for all the family. We look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise. (maybe when you move here forever!)

Best regards
Graham Grant
General Manager - Soneva Kiri

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Loved the travel arrangement via private plane from Bangkok, very well executed. Island was lovely, great beach, huge villa and private pool, nice facilities and good restaurants, all to be expected from that class of resort. Only thing I did not like was the GM who seemed to talj down to his guests, not what I expect from a resort of that class where service at all levels is key. Other than that experience throughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel-planner-mum
Frank G, General Manager at Soneva Kiri, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Travel-planner-mum,
thank you for taking your time to post your impression and experiences of your stay at Soneva Kiri. I am delighted that they were positive. As the GM writing this response personally I am naturally disappointed to read that I appear to have given a not so favourable impression to you. I noticed that you visited us in August 2013 and I have been thinking long and hard to recall any particular incident from back then. I am hoping, though, that by reading from fellow contributors on this forum that this attitude may be an isolated occurrence, as I think of myself actually being the opposite from what you described.
Frank Grassmann
General Manager (a sad GM right now...)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was the last place on our 4-destination tour overseen by the good folk from Andaman Sky - - and it was also the best – we knew we were saving the best till last and that is exactly what happened. The only thing wrong with our stay here was the thought of having to return to the working world in Bangkok : ) Our Room, the pools, the food and drinks, the LARGE resort grounds and its sandy, quiet beach – they all were spot on. We particularly liked the trendy beach bar, which is a great place to take in the sunset. Nothing to fault here !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Frank G, General Manager at Soneva Kiri, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear pottyjohn,
thank you for posting your impression of your stay with us on this forum. I am happy to read that you had such a good time. The team and I hope that you will be able to return soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We spend 9 days at Soneva Kiri as a family. The resort is quite remote and on the whole island is not much you can do except enjoy the amazing nature and sports.
The resort itself offers everything that you can expect, from Spa, gym, tennis court to all kinds of water sports.
The service in general was excellent and the food was very fresh and marvelous. I really liked the fact that they use local products as much as possible, lots of it from their own gardens and own production. I rellay must say that the food their is quite exceptional, in all their restaurants.
The whole staff was very friendly and they really tried to accommodate every wish.
The only thing I would like to mention is the state of the villa which we had. Even though the building is not very old, it has already an "old" look and it gave the impression it really needed to be refreshed. After a storm some of the bamboo on the roof had fallen off, with nails attached to it. I think the hotel management is trying to maintain the villas as best as possible, but the humidity is really destroying things fast. The inside of the villa also had a "used" look. I did not think this was a grave factor, but looking at a 5 star hotel in this price range I would have expected a villa of higher quality inside and outside. In general the prices are on the "high" side, I do not think it is justified everywhere, for example in the spa and the drinks.
But again, all in all we had a wonderful vacation, and I would recommend it to all who want to have a tranquil time in a nice surrounding with excellent service and all amenities.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the newer villas
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Frank G, General Manager at Soneva Kiri, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Katamete,
thank you very much for posting your review on this forum. I am glad to read that you had a good time with us. I have particularly taken note of the required maintenance of the villas. In fact, we have to conduct constant maintenance in all areas of the resort and this is an annual and reoccurring activity we have to do. It is a hard job but the result is that the resort creates this amazing ambience and feeling when one stays with us. This would not be possible if we would use different long lasting materials. It appears that you were allocated a villa that has not recently been done, for which I apologize. Thank you for recommending us to your friends and colleagues.
With warm regards

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our three days at the Soneva Kiri were exceptionally brilliant experience, from checked in at the DMK airport counter (a little problem as it was different counter from their final confirmation) all the way to the villa and back. We were very well treated and impressed throughout. Opted for the full board option which were beyond our expectation, just wish we could be a bigger eaters. Mangrove Thai Food was fantastic and not to be missed. Our ocean villa was huge and so enjoyable for an afternoon laid back. In villa pool was also great and big enough for a decent swim. Our butler Mr. Palm is one of the best. Afternoon Spa was a great experience, really good quality.

This is a really huge resort and it needs few days just to get around and enjoy all, each room gets private golf buggy which was extremely convenient. While "no news, no shoes" but WIFI was well everywhere.

In all this is a more expensive holidays but all were really worthwhile. Hope to be back again soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bom2535

Dear bom 2535,
thank you very much for your kind review and I am delighted that you liked your stay with us so much. Please recommend us to your friends and colleagues and I hope to welcoming yo back soon.