All reviews private plane chocolate room benz restaurant outdoor cinema cinema paradiso bangkok airport view restaurant tree pod dining golf buggy ms friday six senses ice cream parlour kids club cliff villa no shoes khun benz personal butler
Reviewed 21 September 2018

I just have to thank for the kindness and sweet way of caring us the whole time we were at Soneva, it was certainly one of the best experiences of my life. The staff were the best hosts I have ever had on a trip, incomparable. They make us feel relaxed and happy all the time.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Manjit G, Executive Assistant Manager at Soneva Kiri, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Dear Vinicius B

I'm so glad that you felt taken care off during your holiday. Our attitude to service is that our Hosts provide attentive and personalized service that is also discreet and respectful of privacy.

It indeed is ‘a wonderful world‘ - this remote part of Thailand and we are blessed with a stunning and almost untouched setting on the beautiful island of Koh Kood, with shorelines and beaches that do take your breath away and we want to ensure we do our part to complement this by delivering great food, comfort and caring service.

I am delighted the team achieved this and indeed we look forward to welcoming you back to our home in Thailand.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

I had the most AMAZING experience!!!!
the hotel is fabulous... the infrastructure is just incredible and harmonized with the environment and nature.
and I have no words to describe the human touch... the welcome and all the love we had from the staffs... Mr and Mrs Friday are over than perfect!!!
thank you so much, Mrs Chompoo for taking care of us!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear camila y

It was a pleasure to share your feedback from your recent stay at Soneva Kiri with all the hosts, and as I have said in previous responses all the hosts get immensely motivated when they read such positive feedback. Our Mr and Ms Fridays are an outstanding team and I am delighted your Ms Friday Khun Chompoo made your stay even more memorable. They are also supported by a dedicated team to ensure our guests are taken exceptionally good care of.

It is also great to read that the experiences you had met with your expectations from 'start to finish' and it was rewarding to read of your recognition of the environmental and social stewardship focus we have at Soneva Kiri. It is true that in all our approaches to both product and service we never fail to consider the relevance of our actions to the environment and if indeed these reflect our SLOW LIFE culture.

As I write this note I am looking out of my office at wonderful blue skies and across the calm bay to our stunning North Beach and can’t stop appreciating the wonders of this beautiful island.

I do hope your journey home was comfortable and again thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

An absolutely amazing experience at Soneva Kiri. The staff are so attentive and the attention to detail is unreal.

I had lunches and dinners at all the different outlets and I kept wishing I could order more food! :-)

The ice cream parlour and chocolate room were to die for.

Treat yourself to a stay at Soneva Kiri. You won’t be disappointed.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Manjit G, Executive Assistant Manager at Soneva Kiri, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear SunGoddess911,

How very kind of you to take the time to write a review and both I and all the hosts were delighted that you had such a 'complete' stay.

I was also very pleased, if I may say so, that you managed to enjoy the healthy, fresh and delicious food while also finding time to indulge in our Chocolate room and Ice Cream parlour! I was so encouraged to note how you recognized the work that the team does in supporting our sustainable approach which is one of the underpinning values of our company. Intelligent luxury coupled with caring and intuitive service is what we strive to achieve at all times and I am pleased we did so for you during your stay.

These attributes combined with the environment of the resort gave you a very memorable experience, which we hope will stay with you for many years to come, or until your next visit.....

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I had an amazing time in Soneva Kiri. The villa was unbelievable, felt like at home , elegant but relaxing at the same time. Ms Friday Chopoo and Tida are the best I have ever known in the hospitality industry, they know how to anticipate any needs, always with discretion and a beautiful smile. Food was also delicious, we had a great time in Benz restaurant, what an amazing experience. We lived also to visit the waterfalls and snorkeling. Wish we could stay longer!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Fernanda S

Thank you for joining our long list of Soneva Enthusiasts.

It is always exciting to read when guests are able to explore the true depth of ‘Rare Experiences’ and adventures the resort offers and you have painted a wonderful picture whether it was to explore the diverse marine life at Koh Rang National Marine Park, hike to the stunning waterfall or simply the seclusion and luxury of your villa.

The creation of our Thai gourmet restaurant, Benz, allowed us to exhibit one of our greatest finds. Discovered by Sonu and Eva, many moons ago in Phang-Nga, chef Khun Benz was our only choice when it came to finding a talented culinary artist to helm this open Thai kitchen, using ingredients grown here on Koh Kood and neighbouring Trat province.

Thank you for your kind words particularly toward our hosts at Soneva Kiri. Khun Chompoo & Khun Tida who, I know, will be very happy that they made you stay so memorable and when all is said and done it is the hosts that add to the memories that leave this island as guests return to their homes around the world.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Where do I start with Soneva Kiri? It was such a dream to stay somewhere like this. We had heard of this magical resort in Koh Kood and even though the reviews were excellent, it truly exceeded all of our expectations.

The design of the resort is beautiful, weaving the nature of the lush island with barefoot luxury. I loved our outdoor bathroom, we had a beautiful outdoor bath, showers, and lounge area. It was such a stunning space nestled within tropical plants and trees.

Our beachfront villa had the most incredible pool. It was big enough for the whole resort to share, but of course we had it all to ourselves. I particularly loved the outdoor lounge area, couches and a dining table on the decking. We sat here throughout the day, sipped coffee in the morning. It was just perfect.

The bedroom was stunning, I loved the net curtain around the bed, glass panelled doors that led out to the private pool, and the fact that the TV was hidden, not to ruin the feel of the place. Personally, I never watch TV on vacation, and I do feel its unnecessary at places with as much beauty as Soneva Kiri, but thought it was nice too that they found a middle ground where you had the option.

The staff at the resort were truly six star, to match the grounds. We had Taeko, our Mrs. Friday who anticipated all our needs, was on hand to help with everything we needed, and did so with a smile on her face. We were truly lucky to meet such a lovely lady. From booking spa appointments, to excursions and dinner, she was there to help. I even mistakenly left my beach bag on North Beach and she retrieved it for me the next day! Ting who works in the dining outlets was also just wonderful. So friendly and knowledgeable, she greeted us every single day, chatted with us, talked us through the dishes.

She even met me specifically for breakfast to prepare some ginger tea for me, the way she thought i'd like it because I said I wanted to be a little more healthy and drink it more often at dinner the previous night!

On the food at Soneva Kiri, every single dish we had really, in every restaurant was just so beautifully prepared, presented and tasted so good! A highlight for us was a visit to Benz, where there is no menu. Local dishes are prepared from the freshest of ingredients, I loved that, sometimes its nice not to have to choose. I thought it was ingenious, completely novel and nothing i've ever heard of before. A restaurant outside of the resort, but to the high standards of Soneva Kiri, that guests can go to when they feel they would like to go outside of the resort. A more local feel, although nothing about it is local, its truly six star, but it is nice to have another setting. We immensely enjoyed this.

Another dining experience I highly recommend is in the treepod. So much fun, entirely unique and makes for quite an interested picture. Our waiter James is a certified zip lining waiter. He retrieved fruit juice, coffee, pastries via the zipline (very cool) for us to enjoy with our breakfast. The view of the neighbouring island was beautiful from here.

If you're a spa lover, then you have to go to the Six Senses spa. Not only is the spa setting beautiful, the therapists are fantastic. I was in a state between awake and dreaming the entire time, I don't think I've ever enjoyed a treatment as much as at Six Senses spa.

North beach was about 10 minutes by private speedboat transfer from Soneva Kiri. Clear turquoise coloured waters, palm trees, swings and hammocks as far as the eye can see. We just loved this beach, one of the best we have ever been to. Completely private and only for Soneva's guests.

What was really fun was the complimentary icecream and chocolate throughout stay. They had a room dedicated entirely to chocolate that you could pop into throughout the day to pick whatever you wanted. This resort felt like an adults playground! I loved being able to indulge my inner child a little here. You even get your own buggy to drive around the resort. Such a fun thing to be able to do.

Also something unique is the Celestial Room where you can watch the star nightly from 8pm to 10pm. I believe all Soneva properties have this, and its such a wonderful idea. How often do we stop to watch the stars? And have a telescope to do it? Soneva truly brings memorable experiences to their guests.

For getting to and from the island, a private 8 seater plane takes you from Bangkok landing at the island opposite Soneva Kiri. It is such a lovely experience to fly in small planes, but this one was such a pleasure. Leather seats, healthy snacks of dried bananas and nuts, water and smiling pilots. We arrived and left refreshed, happy and taken care of.

Thank you Soneva Kiri for the most magical stay. We couldn't have dreamed a place more perfect than this one.

Room tip: We were beachfront villa number 5 and loved everything about this villa.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank agirlwhoblooms
Manjit G, Executive Assistant Manager at Soneva Kiri, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear agirlwhoblooms

Thank you so much for your insightful and thorough review and I was delighted that you managed to immerse yourself in the whole Soneva Kiri experience and that the airplane journey, spectacular villas offering both space and privacy reflecting the Soneva SLOW LIFE culture, varied dining venues and of particular interest your wonderful experience at Khun Benz Restaurant, and the overall service exceeded your expectations.

The hosts were thrilled to read your review and I will be sure to share your personal thanks with Taeko san, Khun Ting and Khun James. I never cease to be amazed at our wonderful team at the resort. We are blessed to have an amazing team of Hosts who deserve all the credit for their continued efforts and dedication to all our guests with a key focus to “Inspire a lifetime of rear experiences”.

Again thank you for staying with us and I hope you will cherish your memories until you return to Soneva Kiri.