“Not prefer”

Timber Trail Heights
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Parwanoo
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We visited this property in the month of July, 2014, the only attraction of this property was roap way heights otherwise there is no proper maintenance of the property, Garden is very small to play the children, no additional facility for fun activities if come in group. Room was average not worth the amount pay for it. Food was good but expensive. There is no other attraction for this property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rtdaga

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a company meeting there last month and we all came in from different locations directly into the hotel. First experience was with the guards who seemed to shoo away our car to one end. They were rude.. and obviously thought we had come there to use the toilet. Didnt distinguish us from room guest till we reminded them about their job and how much money we plan to spend in the hotel. The owner/ manager of the hotel obviously does not care about it as they were arrogant.

Second incident was with my room which wasnt cleaned for two days. Am assuming that this is a standard practice in hotels, but no one changed any linen or towels. I didnt ask and they didnt do.

Third and most shocking was the way me and my colleagues were treated at the enterance on the second day. I had bought two bottles of apple cider to take back home to Bombay. And my colleague had an open packet of chips which were half consumed. The guys rudely tells us that both are not allowed in the hotels. We go to the reception and he repeats the same story. Either both of them didnt understand english or didnt understand that my group had 12 rooms staying for two nights and had already paid for a cocktail dinner the same evening.

A hotel full of untrained, rude and careless people who will ruin your trip because they think that people dont have any option. Maybe there will be one soon and then they will wake up to reality. The hotel is good and has some queer things like a souvenier list which charges Rs 300 for a glass.

Whether its a joke or a serious issue is left to the owners..

Room Tip: Valley facing .. away from the cable car
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
9  Thank OshoKamat
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Front office staff dont know how to talk with guest and doorman was too cheap He was acting like a GM.We Were Just going to ask room tarrif from reception .He was talking very rudly with one of my brother .every property dont allow the doorman or watchman to enter in the hotel but there doorman was standing on the reception like he is going to take our check in .

Room Tip: Totally Wastage of Money .Hotel Just Have a popularity due its Cabel Car Concept.Rooms are also Horr...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank VikyZaldar
Reviewed 3 July 2014

we stayed there for one day. in first look hotel looks good. cable car ride was nice. on reception staff was polite and professional. room was average, not worth the amount they charge for. view from room was great. food was average and costly. room service was bit slow. not much to do in the resort. in evening view from resort looks amazing. overall nice place but costly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dr-ankit-aggarwal
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The view is fabulous, the location is excellent. Unfortunately, that is the best it is for Timber Trail Heights.

Firstly, they have no elevators. So, if you have someone old traveling with you, you are going to have a horrible experience.

The room that was provided to us was in the same building as the Reception and right under the kitchen. Just imagine you are paying about 15K for noise round the clock.

And, btw, they have absolutely no amenities that you can use. Once you are up on the hill, each trip down will cost you and is not worth it. Nothing up there at all that you can enjoy or spend time on.

The restaurant staff serve as if they are doing you a favour and as if we have visited the place only for the free food available at their restaurant. On requesting for fresh Rotis, you would be shown a tray full of soggy rotis and asked to choose from there.

Not wanting to spoil my holiday, I was about to check-out without any fuss. However, the person at the reception says to me "You have to sign the Invoice because you are happy with your stay". At this point I lost it and brought everything to their attention. The seniors got involved and I was offered a refund for a major part of the expenses, which I refused and told them to talk to my agent as my agent had already made all the payments.

Now, when my agent is following up, there is no response. They are just dragging the issue or rather ingoring the issue.

I have put my comments on the Invoice and left with them. I wonder whether the Invoices with my acknowledgement and comments will also vanish knowing very well that they would love to wash their hands off this episode.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money only for the silence. There are lot more better properties at half the pr...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank ManeeshShah
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were visit that place in last week of June 14. To reach that place there is free of cost cable car facility (Only for the people who stay there otherwise its paid). Also if you want to go down in between the stay, it’s chargeable. Location wise place is very cool and nice but this is the only best part of the property. Currently renovation work is going one, there are expending the property.
Room’s interior looks very basic also there is no maintenance for old rooms. Intercom was not working proper, Set Up box was crape. Both the things were changed after making complain. Washroom’s tap was leaking.
Food quality is fine but could be better. It’s good to add breakfast and dinner in package. Restaurant staff is very help full but cost of food is high.
There is only one small fun activity area, all playing facility were chargeable (except Ludo and carom). For kids there are only three rides. That area also not proper maintained.
Most of the place are restricted and only for the guest of Moksha. The tariff is expensive and does not match the maintenance given to the property.
I will not recommend that place to stay. It’s better to stay Panchkula(10-15 Km. before the Parwanoo).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank PuneetKG
Reviewed 22 June 2014

It's a great place if you don't like noisy hotels with DJs and loud music. I like peaceful places where natural beauty is the main criterion for a vacation. The cable car concept is excellent and I don't agree with reviewers that there was a long wait to get into the car. I personally like food with less masala and oil, which made the (slightly overpriced) food a good choice for me. Overall, a very memorable experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank junejain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parwanoo
Moksha Himalaya Spa Resort
#7 of 17 in Kasauli
Kasauli Exotica
Kasauli Exotica
#8 of 17 in Kasauli

Been to Timber Trail Heights? Share your experiences!