“great pizza!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Stockholm, Sweden
“great pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

This small restaurant was recommended by a friend, I was a bit suspicious when I got there... It's nothing but a small italian restaurant in a residential area.

But then I was surprised by the quality of the food, the attention and professionalism of the staff! The pizza is outstanding! And it is very reasonably priced.

I went back a few times, and I heard the same owners opened another restaurant. Can't wait to try it on my next trip to Portugal!

• Visited December 2011

Spain
“Excellent little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

We had dinner at this restaurant with our three children and it was wonderful – very nice and professional staff and very good food. I had made the reservation in advance through their web page, which is great as I made it while I was in another country and did not have to call. The restaurant is in a residential area of apartment buildings and you can park outside in the street; however there might be no parking space directly in front of the restaurant so come with some time. It opens from 12.30 to 15.00 and from 19.30 to 23.00. The place has few tables, a TV set and is nicely decorated. We had pizza and beef and everything was delicious and the prices correct. Our children were treated very well and they enjoyed it.

• Visited August 2011
Lisbon, Portugal
“Nice food, great prices, well managed - good place to take kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We have eaten here twice now, second time with kids. The other reviews seem quite accurate. The food seems reproducibly good. Portions may seem small by some Portuguese standards. The first time, we shared a pasta dish and a pizza, all for less than 20 euro - very good value for the money. Definitely one of the better (non-Indian) Italian places that I have found here in Lisbon/Cascais area.

They do swift business (both sit down and take-out) and have plenty of staff on hand to take the load; service has been prompt. Seems well managed. I've added it to my "safe" list.

• Visited August 2011
Florence, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A little bit of Rome in...Oeiras!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

We were staying in a hotel in Oeiras and one night we were walking looking for something to eat...a bit different from the usual...we asked and one man told us about a small italian restaurant not very far from where we were: La Vecchia Roma. It was amazing to meet such a lovely place and also unexpected. Nice atmosphere, excellent service and...very good Italian food...not to mention the pizza that was perfect and so similar to the one I ate in Italy last year...I recomend the place: familiar and super quality restaurant!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank AndyFlo71
Melbourne, Australia
“A great italian in Oeiras”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

La Vecchia Roma is a cozy italian restaurant with great food. Start with a garlic bread, and don't miss the great sangria with your steak or pizza. I'm not into pasta, but got good comments on it. In the end just indulge yourself with the white chocolat mousse, that is excellent! You get a great value for your money here.

1 Thank jpalcg