“Amazing Little House”

Surf Lisbon - House & School
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Found the Lisbon Surf House online via surf holidays.com and I have to say I loved my stay here. Nuno & Susannah were very welcoming and I had an amazing break!

The house is easy to get to via public transport typically taking 90 minutes from airport to front door (but Nuno can pick you up for around €40). The metro and train costs around €5.

We had a private double room at the front of the house overlooking the road. The windows closed so it wasn't noisy and we could sleep. Some of the rooms at the back were noisier though as the train track was at the bottom of the garden and trains run 0400-0200!

Our room was clean and the bed comfy. Breakfast was served daily and consisted of bread, cheese, ham & jams plus yoghurt & cornflakes. The bonus was freshly squeezed orange juice every morning.

Surf lessons were great - the instructors passionate and helped give tips.

There were only a few restaurants in the LSH area but we easily got the train to Alcantara as there were an abundance of restaurants underneath the big red bridge!

Would definitely return in the future as we had an amazing time!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I wanted to mix a life goal (learning how to surf) with a nice a nice short vacation in a place where is hot weather and photographic sights. And the Lisbon Surf House full package didn't disappoint! Shared room travelling by myself.

On my arrival I was met by the friendly owner, who drove me straight to the house, showed me around and I instantly started making friends with the other groups, singles and couples who were pretty much just like me (beginners to surfing). Over the week, I learnt how to surf and even got to catch several waves on my own. The trainers help you every step of the way as you spend most of the day down the beach. Very nice breakfast every morning as part of your stay, and in the evenings, you have the choice of eating at home or going out into Lisbon or visiting the local restaurants for awesome food and parties. As long as you're a sociable person, you will have a lovely experience in the gorgeous house and on your days off go on the train and metro and experience Lisbon. I'm a photographer and I love every minute of my time around the city, as it's a very pretty place.

Can't approve the whole experience enough if you're looking for a low cost active vacation especially if you're a beginner.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David A
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Nuno the owner is an incredible host. He took me to a load of surf spots and gave me good advice on others. The staff are great and the location near the train station is convenient. Will definitely try and go back asap.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2014

From the moment we arrived at the Surf house I know it was going to be a brilliant weekend. The guest house was big, clean and well looked after. Nuno and the team gave us all the information we needed about local shops and restaurants. We had two surf lessons over the weekend, both ran on for a little longer than we'd actually paid for because the guys could see how much fun we were having. They are great instructors. Nuno also recommended a great restaurant and then made a couple of calls to get us on the guest list for a club.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Clean, Safe, with a great social environment. Staff is really cool and lots of fun! Surf camp is a GREAT workout. Surf house is right near the train so you can get to Downtown easily. There are also some great bars that are walkable from the surf house if you want a low key beer after a long day of surfing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The guest house has a very friendly atmosphere with plenty of room to hang out with like minded people. The instructors are helpful and easy going as are Nuno and Susana. Perfect for beginners, We were standing on the boards within the first day

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I arrived Lisbon on Christmas Day. Nuno and his wife picked us at the airport and drove us to the house before they showed us around. The rooms were decorated nicely, and the bathrooms were large and clean. A good looking breakfast buffet was included. The kitchen was functional and clean.

The house was nice, but the service by Nuno and his wife made the stay perfect. She dropped by with cakes and surprises for everyone. Nuno was very positive, supportive, eager and helpful.

We also ordered surf lessons for a week. 5 two-a-day sessions with enthusiastic surf instructors. They drove us around to different beaches to find the best surf of the day.

We've been in Portugal to surf three times, and the stay here was as perfect as they come!!

Highly recommended!!