“What a surprise!”

Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Indian, Thai
Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bring good company and we have the food to match.a simple yet stylish restaurante that concentrate in freshness and quality
Madrid, Spain
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Hidden behind the Paco de Arcos train station, this restaurant was a huge discovery. We were surprised with great food (the curry was excellent, probably one of the best I've had) and great service. The portions are more than enough (I took my leftovers home on their suggestion) and the price is very fair (we paid around 10€ per person). Definitely worth a visit!

Visited May 2014

Lisbon, Portugal
“Everything they serve is great!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I found this small restaurant while wandering around the coast of Lisbon and Tasca Rasca was a very pleasant surprise. The soft background music and simple decoration seduced me instantly and the waiter made me feel at home. The menu is easy to understand and my favorite dishes are the OUTSTANDING prawn curry (lovely thick sauce with ginger), the alheira (an award-winning Portuguese sausage from the extreme north of the country), the francesinha (the famous sandwich from Porto served with gravy) and the steak with secret sauce. I'm a fan of natural juices so I very often have passion fruit juice, but their house wines offer excellent value for money. My favorite dessert is the brownie with ice cream. Amazing! I wish this restaurant all the best. For sure they will succeed if they maintain this great service.

• Visited February 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
“Grat food at a 'hidden' place.”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Honestly, the best thing is the food, which is at a reasonable price :-)

In my table several different dishes were served and i got lucky as I could taste them all!

Also portions are more than fair. The only slightly down part is the location, kinda hidden away.. but still very close to the 'marginal' and walking distance from the Paço d'Arcos train station.
This means that you have to know you it to go there, likely not to be found when randomly wondering Lisbon..

• Visited August 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
“A great little restaurant”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I discovered this little restaurant just a few days ago, and immediately turned into a fan. Both the restaurant and the menu are quite minimalistic, but the food is excellent. They even make their own pasta, which I recommend. I've also tried their Caesar salad and enjoyed it a lot. For dessert don’t forget to try the chocolate mousse cake. Service is great and the prices are quite reasonable.

• Visited August 2013