“Great View from the Bar at the roof but...”
Review of Habita MTY

Habita MTY
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Room are minimalistic, be sure you really like that style before booking here. Restaurant here is far from good, If I were you go downstairs enter the Shopping Mall (right next to the hotel) and go to La Escondida, way much better food at a reasonable prices - Lunch or Dinner...this place does a very good job...again avoid Hotel Habita restaurant.

Room Tip: Excelente el bar en el PH, una vista 360º de MTY.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FabV60750
Adalberto R, Director General at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. As you mention in your review, Habita is a design hotel so there are certain aspects that are different from this hotel. I regret to hear you did not like our restaurant. Next time you visit we would love to create something special for you so that you can change your opion about our kitchen.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stay here almost weekly for work. It's a hotel that has an excellent restaurant and very friendly service. The views from the pool bar is one of the best in mexico, spanning almost 360 degrees. Only negatives are the low bed, some bathrooms are harder to access and a shower to climb into within the higher bath tub. But the design is exquisite, and the rate is good value. Overall very unique and if you are into modern design , this is fantastic.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank L M

Dear Guest,

As always it is a pleasure to have you stay with us. As you mention there are certain things as bed height that we cannot modify but be sure that we will continue to give a great service and be able to improve in whatever needs to be improved.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I spent two nights here this past weekend. I arrived at the hotel at 1 PM but my room was not available to check in until 3 PM; however the staff was very accommodating and took my luggage as I went to the 8th floor pool to meet my friends. The views were amazing! Only downside is that you don't really get sun if you want to tan. After I had lunch with my friends the room was ready & my luggage was already delivered inside. I also enjoyed the Chilaquiles verde for breakfast the last morning in the restaurant. I felt very safe in this San Pedro area & would certainly return. I also needed an iron delivered to the room & the hotel accommodated very quickly. No complaints! The only annoying point is that I paid in advance via expedia, but when I checked in they put a 2000 pesos charge on my credit card for incidentals & it's still pending. Hopefully this disappears soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jack R
Adalberto R, Director General at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay at Habita MTY and we would love to have you back on your next trip. Please let us know when you do so that we can accommodate you. The retention on your credit card should have been released by know. If there is anything else I can helpo you with please let me know.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Hotel Habita has a lot of nice details... The Ferrari shop downstairs.. the little shopping centrum with restaurants and a gym, the pool with view of town, the small restaurant for breakfast... but thats about it.. cause Beds, showers, and THE INTERTE CONNECTION just does not reach the level you need for a business trip. Its sad cause i normally like the Habita concept. I tried it in DF in both Habita, Condesa DF, Distrito Capital, in Puebla, in Acapulco but this one is just not even in their level.. and you can fairly say those are not Business Hotels as well. So stick to the traditional ones if you need normal services working properly...

Room Tip: use evening for a drink with a view from top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Adalberto R, Director General at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We will take your comments and find a way to improve in all aspects. Thank you for choosing us and I wish we could have you come back and stay with us.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

In an effort to 'play it boutique', they neglected every amenity that makes a stay comfortable. The beds are too low and too hard, the bathroom needs a user's manual, there is no breakfast order form, and everything is so dark that you hardly can see your way around, let alone shave safely. They must think this
is 'cool'. Let's start with the basics please..

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Joshua R
Adalberto R, Director General at Habita MTY, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in writing this review. I regret that Habita MTY did not fill your expectations regarding design. Regarding the lighting in the room, all lights are dimmable so that might have been the issue with the darkness that you mention. Some issues as bed height cannot be modified but be sure that we will look into the rest of the details you mention so that we can modify what ever we can.

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel and I loved it. I got the upgrade for the corner room and it was nice and the tub was awesome great room! I loved the pool specially because it was heated. The bar up top on the pool was great and the prices ranges from 45 pesos to 110 pesos. Also great zone and walking distance from Palacio de Hierro!!!! Will stay here again soon!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing, It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The hotel targets the younger business market and tries to impress them with a modern minimalistic theme.
I don't see minimalism as having an uncomfortable bed on the floor at an awkward angle to a small TV so everything looks cool… or having a non-functional glass divider in the bathroom that allows water spilling all over. That is plain poor execution.
The hotel is not pet friendly or clean. There is a myriad of dangers for your pet in the bathroom alone and take a peek under the bed.
The location is good, you are not really close to the major roads and traffic can be slow at time.
The staff is helpful and friendly… they do their best to make your stay comfortable, but the execution of the hotel is such that it is impossible to properly clean it or have a functional stay there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. All reviews are welcomed. I am sorry that the hotel's design did not fill your expectations. We will certainly take a look at the details you mention in order to improve the improvable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Pedro Garza Garcia
NH Collection Monterrey
NH Collection Monterrey
#3 of 15 in San Pedro Garza Garcia
Grand Fiesta Americana Monterrey Valle
Grand Fiesta Americana Monterrey...
#1 of 15 in San Pedro Garza Garcia
Live Aqua Urban Resort Monterrey
Live Aqua Urban Resort Monterrey
#5 of 15 in San Pedro Garza Garcia
Safi Royal Luxury Towers
Safi Royal Luxury Towers
#15 of 96 in Monterrey

Been to Habita MTY? Share your experiences!