“Clean, well-located”

Comfort Inn Monterrey Valle
Mexico City, Mexico
“Clean, well-located”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The fourth time I've stayed here. For the price (less than 1000 pesos), location (near 2 malls: San Agustìn and Valle Oriente; and the safe, upscale San Pedro, Garza Garcìa, with its downtown "Centrito" restaurants) and pleasant staff (they let me make long-distance calls from the desk, when my room phone wouldn't), well worth the money. Only a 15 minutes and 50 pesos from downtown Monterrey's main plaza (Macroplaza), with its historical and art museums. Simple (just like the "Continent") continental breakfast, but well attended...waitress even came outside to offer me more coffee by the pool, though it was after breakfast hours. Better pillows than the NH Hotel in Guadalajara! Noisy front side from traffic, but clean, basic...well worth it.

Room Tip: If you're super-sensitive to noise, get a room in the back part. Taxi stand next door.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I was on short business trip to Monterrey in Decemeber 2013. Last minute booking, although I wasnt disappointed when I checked in to the rooms. Rooms are pretty spacious, clean and very kind staff who try to speak little English in this part of the world (Over all people of Mexico are indeed very kind and warm). Breakfast wasn't great though and sometimes you have to be little more patient and walk down to reception to explain few things, as they may not understand everything. Otherwise this place to quiet to close to a plaza de santa lucea a ( home to lot of shopping and restaurants).

Overall, it wasnt too bad!!

Room Tip: ask for rooms with a view of Av. Lazaro Cardenas..a spectacular of view of mountains of Santa Lucea...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
San Ignacio, Belize
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Almost no latency with fast internet on the network here, however I got one of the only rooms without good wifi. The upside to this design is that the rooms are silent.

As someone who works 50% of the time online, I required a more stable connection than what was available in my room at the end of the hallway. I inquired at the front desk about changing rooms and they accommodated me, despite being 100% booked. As the other room suffered from the design "flaw" that interrupts a wifi signal, they moved me back to my old room and got someone from IT to discuss possible solutions. I say flaw, only because the hotel gave up wifi latency for soundproofing. I'll take that trade-off anywhere.

The staff had a fluent english speaker that bent over backwards for me, then the GM came out when room #2 had latency issues and got their IT manager on the phone. We found a solution via ethernet and and a booster that I purchased locally.

I cannot express how well the staff responded to a seemingly mundane issue. Great job Comfort! Will return!

Room Tip: in the 2nd tower, good wifi are rooms ending in *21-*24
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
north east mexico
Reviewed 9 April 2013

this was my first stay in this hotel in the Monterrey area, I travel more than often to Monterrey, and by now, I am very familiar with many, if not most, mid price range ($50-$70) hotels. By far, there are much better options at same price rance than this one. I only booked this one because I had never stayed here and price seemed right. Well, this was the last time I stay here. Hotel overall was in poor condition, bed was very uncomfortable, you could feel the springs in the mattress on your back. Room smelled funny. And to top it off, while the offer free continental breakfast, as bread and fruits were consumed, they were not being replenished, tables where food was were really messy, and it didn't seem like the employees there in the food area cared about it, answered "that is what we have and nothing more" in a rude manner.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank J_MartinGZ

Travellers are raving about these San Pedro Garza Garcia hotels

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed for 3 days, not for business, and i found it nice/ok hotel, if you look at the price 69 USD avg, you cant not ask for a hot tube inside your room, right?.

Arrive early 10am, and the had rooms available, so I drop my luggage and start exploring this part of the city, distances and long around here, so is better taxis for everything.

Shower and bathroom facilities were good also, hot water and a good pressure and clean. amenities were basic, but good enough.

Parking space available and free

Internet speed and connection needs to be improved, please someone call 911 for tis matter.

Bed was great and confy, FLat TV, not much to watch.
AC and heather in the room

Intercontinental brakfast if just toast, juice, milk, cereal, coffee, and a small plate of fruits. Thats it folks. For me was fine, just a fast start and hitch the city. 30 Minutes away from the airport, but located in a nice area south of Monterrey

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Expecting the simple and uncomplicated Comfort Inn, we were in for a surprise. We arrived at 1am, completely exhausted and found out that our room was in the rear of the hotel as there is a front and rear section at this place. After checking in we were informed that the only way to get to our room was to walk down an outdoor hallway and climb a flight of stairs hauling our bags
(no ramp whatsoever) to take the elevator up to our room. Make sure you ask for a room in the front section!

Our room was nice and clean. There was no wireless internet signal that night nor the following day, so we called the front desk and were told that "sometimes it doesn't work" and were offered a USB cable after which we did have internet.

The shower head was quite primitive with no way to adjust it and water pressure was low. We had to repeatedly ask for a third bath towel and a second hand towel. You have to leave a deposit for local calls. They give you a ticket for the continental breakfast; however, there is a hot breakfast available for an extra cost.

The best part of this hotel are the impeccable beds. The building is very well maintained, but the staff seem to not be properly trained. The hotel is not within walking distance of anything; you need to take a cab if you don't have a rental.

I read in another review that it is listed as a 4-star hotel; not in this lifetime! 2 or 3 stars perhaps on its best day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front building so you don't have to haul your bags up a flight of stairs a...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Hermosillo, Sonora
Reviewed 11 May 2011

On my last trip to Monterrey I choose this hotel cause the location was convenient for me. after staying 3 nights there, I was ready for a nice fly back home.

At check out I requested some room service expenses I made over 2 nights to be invoiced along my room charge in one document (Easier for Mexican IRS) I gave the front desk attendant all the receipts i was given by the waiter after paying cash @ my room. Well, after waiting a little bit over 10 minutes, front desk attendant told me that the restaurant cashier was not authorizing the invoice cause she didn't "remember" my room service orders! (They don't even have a system to run the hotel?)
I told them there was no problem cause i got the receipts that were given to me after paying cash at my room right there... She took the receipts, look at them and told me those receipts were fake cause she couldn't remember me going to the restaurant to eat!!! Come on!! i was ordering room service!! after making my best effort to explain the situation, she told me no, cause she didn't have my face in her memory.. ( again, it was room service!!) and left me standing there talking to myself.. very very rude.
Manager was not available at the time (around 7:30 am)
Complain or comments boxes were not available either
I was also given a fake manager name (that really pisses me off!) and after making a long distance call to talk to the manager i was told by a secretary that he was quite busy and she will let him know.

Come on, I don't want a free night voucher there or elsewhere, I have visited over 40 countries in the world and stayed on too many hotels to be looking for a freebie .. It's quite simple.. for me this hotel has the worst service ever. just stay away and choose another one cause it's also quite noisy.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business