La Casa Inn
Agoda.com
US$250
US$212
Priceline
All reviewshot waterhotel viewstar hotelmarriage functionwifiganeshcellsoap
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We were told that we would be 'put up' in the Elecon 'Company' 5* hotel on the factory site, but as it turned out, that was full up, so they booked rooms for us in the La Casa Inn.
We arrived late, straight from the plane at about 0300 and were being picked up again at 0830 to go straight to the factory, so it was never going to be a long and pleasant stay. The room was OK, if with a somewhat noisy a/c system.....which I switched off.....then in the morning, I had to have a cold shower.
I went down and had a quick look at the breakfast.........nah......just a cup of coffee thankyou. I'm not a fussy eater, I love local food, I always try to eat what's on offer.....but not that morning.
The bill came to 5700 rupees, about £57.....OK, but when compared to the Comfort Inn I stayed in 2 days later....a bit steep for what was on offer.
A convenient stopover for a business trip, but don't expect much and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Try to get into the Elecon factory owned hotel complex!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Colin M
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Please don't try non vegetarian dishes and International Cuisine here . I ordered spaghetti and they brought me noodles. Thai Curry was Indian curry. When I questioned the reason, the manager rudely told me that it's how it is in this hotel. The breakfast was horrible. Rooms were decent . They didn't had coffee maker and when I asked for milk powder, they told me its not available and you will be charged for milk.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I managed to stay at this hotel for 2 weeks as it was supposedly one of the better alternatives in the city, which now I sincerely doubt.
The bed had a bonnel spring mattress with hardly any cushioning which is impossible to rest on except for completely lying down. The hotel would not do anything about it either.
The food in the restaurant is completely experimental but edible. Unfortunately the staff is busy forcing you watch two televisions on full volume with the shows they find interesting, often in local language. As different staff members like different shows sometimes you will get a chance to simultaneously hear two shows on a loud volume.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if possible
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Very good quality hotel, mostly 3 star.
Although, Anand - Vidyanagar is not that big city, La Casa inn is located in the centre, so visiting vidyanagar or anand is equal distance.

good food, good staff and very good service..
to my surprise, it also accepted amex card...

also, value for money based on above all.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

On a recent business trip to Anand (Gujarat), I along with a colleague drove down from Ahmedabad airport via Sardar Patel Ring Road and Ahmedabad-Baroda Express Way reaching La Casa Inn around 10.30 PM. The hotel near Ganesh Crossing enjoys a strategic location in Anand. On entering the reception, a huge well maintained aquarium (about 8 feet long) with lots of colourful tropical fishes would attract one’s attention. As we went on official work with a local academic institute, we were offered a discount on the rack rate and the Platinum Suite of the hotel thus became pretty affordable. My office colleague after a thorough personal assessment of the room accorded approval. The staff at the reception handled our ‘check in’ well after a quick filling of forms and taking copy of our IDs. But our real surprise awaited us the next day.

I was allotted room # 302 at the third floor and a slow lift heaved us through the floors. The room was quite spacious unlike the typical hotel accommodation with heavy set wooden cot (king size), writing desk, bureau and a double closet. The room had a large window on south-east end overlooking the busy Anand - Sojitra Road. In the early morning, I could see a continuous stream of school kids cycling or walking down in groups.

The breakfast was served in the restaurant, La Casita at the ground floor. While the breakfast was complimentary, it had a very modest spread…canned juice, bread & butter, pasta in a tomato sauce, fried potato wedges, omelettes and puri-bhaji. We wanted to check out by 10 AM…as we received the final bills, we discovered that my name and my colleague’s surname were wrongly spelt by the hotel even after filling in those registration forms by us in capital letters. As we had pointed out the mistakes, we were curtly told that only one person had the password for the computer to edit the entries and he was expected only after an hour or so! All our good impression for the hotel went on a toss…

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business