“Not Liked the stay”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Baddi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Not Liked the stay”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My stay in the hotel was for two days but it was not at all enjoyable. The AC in the whole hotel was not working whole night and in the morning too. Hotel staff told that it would be rectified in two hours but nothing was done. The WiFi was also getting disconnected in between many times. Spoke to the manager regarding this but his answer was not convincing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
AbbasSarovar, General Manager at Legend Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive review. The air conditioning concern you have mentioned is the result of equipment failure and we totally understand your genuine discomfort. I am glad to inform you that the equipment fault has been rectified now. We are also migrating to a better version of wi fi which would be more efficient. Feedback as received from our guests are very important for us to provide quality service at all times. Look forward to welcome you back at Legend Sarovar Portico.

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Superb Property ! Even more superb people !!! If there is such a place as a home away from home, this is it !
Right from the first time I entered this place, there is not an iota of discomfort. I have stayed in this hotel a number of times and the experience was getting better and better with each visit.
From the General Manager, down to the room boys, the key words are COURTESY, COMFORT and CARING.
Rooms are well appointed and clean. Toiletries are replaced everyday. Linen is very clean.
The food is fantastic and when once there was a slight mix up, the Chef came to my table and apologised and made perfect amends by replacing the dish ordered.
I VISIT BADDI OFTEN ON BUSINESS AND WILL N..E..V..E..R CHANGE HOTELS. ( There was an instance when I had to stay for a day at another hotel and the experience was ....well nowhere near the mark )

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
AbbasSarovar, General Manager at Legend Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with Legend Sarovar Portico. It is indeed a pleasure to read such appreciative words from guest as you and we're glad you found the service and amenities up to your expectations.
Our core values are warm & quality hospitality and it brings me great pleasure to know that my team was successful in delivering the same. Your appreciation for the team will definitely be conveyed and I'm sure this will urge them to continue to serve our guests with a genuine sense of care.

Look forward to welcome you back soon at Legend Sarovar Portico.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I have always been one of the fan of Sarovar chain of hotels. So whenever I find a Sarovar hotel in area, its my first choice. Sarovar stands for class!

Pros: wonderful infrastructure
friendly staff
beautifully designed rooms
Need to mention guy who took my room service order. Great suggestions and perfect service.

Cons: location of hotel is bit inside from main street.
some times (no discounts) it drills a hole in my pockets :'( (cant help, u need to pay premium for a premium class)

location : 4/5
Room comfort : 5/5
Staff: 5/5

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AbbasSarovar, General Manager at Legend Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the hotel, team and services.We are committed to consistently provide warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We look forward to welcome you again at Legend Sarovar Portico.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stayed here with my family last month. I had really a memorable stay. Hospitality was high class. Well managed rooms with all necessary amenities. Food at restaurant was very tasty & looks fresh n delicious. Service also prompt. I should not forget the name Mr. Akbar Abbas who was really helpful & always reachable. Me & my family giving a big thanks to whole TEAM. Keep up the standards. Wonder experience!!!

Room Tip: Amazing atmosphere...!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
AbbasSarovar, General Manager at Legend Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Myself and team are delighted indeed, to have lived up to your expectations. Feedback like this are really motivating for us and I assure you that we always aim to provide the best services to our esteemed guest's. Look forward to welcome you back soon at Legend Sarovar Portico.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed in this property during one of my official trips to Baddi from 30th May till 31st May 2014. I really appreciate that in such a remote area of Himachal pradesh the facilities provided by Hotel are commendable. The check-in process was very smooth. All the hotel staff members were very polite and helpful. The Asst. manager Ujjwaal Chauhan is certainly an asset to the Sarovar group. The kind of service he provided to me was outstanding.The General Manager of the hotel Mr. Akbar Abbas was approachable and was very helpful.

Regarding the rooms, they have quite big rooms and are very spacious. The room had all the required facilities. The room service and food was excellent. The restaurant also did good job. The have a big lawn where I had cocktails and was very pleasant during evening and night.

Overall I had a good experience. I recommend to all visiting Baddi must stay in this property.

Room Tip: I preferred to stay on the third floor with a good view from the window.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AbbasSarovar, General Manager at Legend Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending our hotel, staff, services and Food & Beverage experiences of your recent stay with us.

The staff member's are delighted to have your review. We thank you for being our guest and look forward to welcome you back at Legend Sarovar Portico.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We arrived in a group of 6 for lunch at 12:45 to find the restaurant deserted and the staff unprepared for lunch. Finally they started responding but kept coming up with strange statements such as the Tandoor is not hot. Eventually it did come together and the food finally arrived almost an hour later. It was pretty good too. Seekh Kababs were a bit chewy but the chicken tikka and the vegetarian food was fine.

I guess lunch starts late around these parts! By the time we left the place was warming up.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AbbasSarovar, General Manager at Legend Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback regarding early preparation for lunch. Constructive recommendations like this are very important to us. We look forward to welcome you back at Legend Sarovar Portico.

Regards,

Jaipur, India
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ok, we booked this hotel due to its Location review from last few Trip Advisor but we were surprised nothing was as explained.
There are industries around and a brick factory,so if you are expecting hotel near to nature you will have disappointment.

Anyways, about the Hotel I expected it should be somewhere on hills but was on plain. When we expect to go to Himachal we expect somewhere on hills.

Food was good, rooms were clean and well managed.

We faced issue with AC but our room was changed quickly.

There was some issue with Final bill as well, so do check Final bills as well. As well as Mini Bar in the room is chargeable.

Room Tip: Baddi is complete plain area, so don't expect anything like hills. If you have exact work in Bad...
1 Thank NipunAmbastha
AbbasSarovar, General Manager at Legend Sarovar Portico, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. The hotel indeed is located at Baddi, the Industrial hub of Himachal Pradesh. We are pleased that you liked the room and food. We've noted your constructive feedback regarding billing and have taken corrective measures. The hotel team and I, look forward to welcome you back soon at Legend Sarovar Portico.

Akbar Abbas

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baddi
BEST WESTERN Royal Park
#6 of 8 in Baddi
Apex Hotel Baddi
Apex Hotel Baddi
#8 of 8 in Baddi

Been to Legend Sarovar Portico? Share your experiences!