“Fresh Innovative and last but not the least homely”

Jamwal Villa Homestay
Jammu City, India
“Fresh Innovative and last but not the least homely”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Vacation in a homestay ? That was my first reaction when I was first proposed by my friends to plan a family tour to Chamba, Himachal. Promotions and reality often part ways when it comes to tour in India. I just gave it a shot thinking to accompany my friends leaving the loads of expectation behind. 5 hours drive from our place in Jammu and we reached our destination Chamba. Then we took a detour to Village kuranh, (14 kms from chamba, the location of Jamwal Villa) and slowly we started leaving behind the hustle and bustle of the city. Color of green became more vivid and now our conversations needed less effort as away from traffic of the city we could even hear the whispers of the winds kissing mountains. Lost in our thoughts, suddenly our vehicle came off road and one of us in the vehicle on left screamed ‘wow’. As a curious onlooker I was just amazed to see a narrow stretch sandwiched between paddy cultivation on both sides of the road, and Ravi River greeting us with its perennial stream on our left. In 5 minutes we reached Jamwal Villa. Unlike Hotel where the pleasantries are fake smiles of the staff , here every member of Jamwal family was on the verandah to greet us. And the first thought which came to my mind was “home away from home”.
Our kids went berserk as the Jamwal villa was also a house to rabbits, many a love birds, dog, pigeon and ducks. And the Juvenile Prince of Jamwal villa “Yashvardhan Singh Jamwal” (kid of Mr. and Mrs. Jamwal) was immediately a famous man in the brigade of our kids. As he was a fine connect between the rabbit and our kids.
Mr. Jamwal guided us to our respective rooms amidst spick and span gardens. Our rooms had a tinge of Tradition with all the basic amenities housed in it. Toilets were clean and tidy and room quality is just awesome.
The evening tea, gourmet, camp fires and the sumptuous food just makes your day at Jamwal Villa.
One more thing which adds to the glory of your stay is that Manish Jamwal and his wife Mrs. Sanyogita Jamwal are both repertoire of rich culture and traditions of chamba. They just exhibit that in their attitude and are a forerunner in promoting the rich culture and heritage of their village.
Now the in and around ‘JVH’. The best thing about ‘JVH’ is its proximity to various treks and passes of chamba and also the rave names such as Dalhousie and khajjiar. The connectivity to all these locations just adds colors to your stay. Shortest trek is of 3 kms from JVh where there is small waterfall where this guy arranged a lavish breakfast. A theme like Breakfast under waterfall was just out of this world and all thanks to Jamwal family to have bestowed us with this luxury.
I strongly recommend Jamwal Villa as it stands on the epitome of rich culture and traditions. Nestled in the greens, visiting this place will always be like visiting your second home. JVH rocks and will be etched in my memory for ever. “Jai Dev” This is what Manish Says on Departure. “Jai Dev”

4 Thank travelmerchant1638

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was our first Homestay with the family. And I must say, I m going to plan a longer visit there, next. You dont have to take your home with you as JVH provides you the best of both worlds i.e the luxary of a great hotel blended with the comforts of your home mixed with the excellent cooked food served traditionally in style, right in the lap of beautiful mountains and river "Raavi" flowing just close to you.

My trip was very short, Just 2 days and I was not able to cover even half of the nearby places it is known for. But i am happy that we could enjoy the beauty of Khajiaar..the lush greenlands and the mystique waterfall.....it was the first time in my life that i touched a waterfall......how many times you have done that, By the Way ?

By the time we reach home back in Delhi my mind is already busy in making calculations when can i plan a next trip.....but this time a bigger one.......

+ves
1 It well connected through Road. 3.5 hrs journey from Pathankot.
2. Lots of options to eat traditional food
3. Great places to explore
4. Spritual journey inwards (well how much thats really your potential)

-ves
1. As of now it need to expand so that more than 3 families can accommodate comfortably.
2. Need to add more birds and small animals for small kids to enjoy more.

Thanks for reading.
-Kapil

Room Tip: - Room on the extreme end has a naturally decorated wall embedded beautiful coloured stones. Every t...
Bathinda, India
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Before going in for Jamwal Villa Homestay for few days , the only idea was that I needed gud time in a Beautiful place to clear my head ....It was not only good time but excellent time spent there .....A place closer to nature ....Excellent Scenic beauty in and around Jamwal Villa ....The experience is like living in the most beautiful place in the world without owning it ...At Jamwal Villa Homestay , one tends to look deep into nature , and then u will understand everything better .....the beauty of nature is everywhere .....You will find rabbits ,birds ,ducks ,dogs ,best of flowers etc etc at JamwalVilla Homestay .......Its the complete package with lots of HOSPITALITY extended by the owner of JamwalVilla Homestay .......

Room Tip: There are two suites ...one facing the Raavi river and other facing Duck Villa and garden ....
2 Thank GatsuPopo
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Given the option, i have always preferred to spend few days at a homestay because it gives you the local flavour of the place, the people, their culture and provides us the opportunity to live thier life for few days. Not many homestays stand tall to thier cliams and more oftne than not homestays turn out to be cheap lodges. Jamwal Villa is welcome exception and stands tall to its claim of being a homestay in its true sense and Mr Manish and his betterhalf who have developed this place with so much passion ensure that his guests return with lot of fond memories.

I stayed there for 3 days and each day has been a memorable one. the first thing that would strike you would be the location of this place. The homestay is nestled in the valley, beside the ravi river and with view of the snow capped peaks and a waterfall near by. Just picture perfect. To add ot all this the campfire, the local cusine prepared by the hosts, thier pets (rabbit, love birds, lab - Glady) will not give you minute to get bored. His son Yash was perfect companion for my 8 year old son and the hosts even let him come along with us for trekking.

all in all nice place, nice hosts, nice people, warm hospitality and awesome scenery. Whenever i decide to go back to Chamba, this would be the place i would stay.

3 cheers for the "Jamwals"

Room Tip: Choose the room towards the river and the yoga point
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tortter
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I am Wildlife Research Scholar. During my Research Project in Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, I stayed at Jamwal Villa Homestay number of times. That was the best time ever spent in my life at any villa. It is very beautiful villa at a distance of 9 kms from Chamba on Bharmour Road. Surrounded by beautiful Mountains with good number of Bird population. Every morning and evening I will go for Bird Surveys, as the Villa is situated on the Bank of Ravi. One can do wonderful observation on birds. My research was on Himalayan Grey Langurs, but I couldn’t control myself for bird surveys, as there is great diversity of birds in and around the Jamwal Villa.

There is a beautiful lush green park with water fountains. At the night time the scenario will be totally different. I don’t know how to explain, how to write the experience in words. Because it can be felt only. The best thing what I can’t forget is the food. It is really awesome. When it comes to hospitability, I have no words to write i.e. more than excellent. It is nice Destination for Bird watchers, Bird Photographers, Nature photographers and people who are Nature explorers.

Every time when I will plan for a survey, I will definitely visit Jamwal Villa Homestay. And anybody who is going to Chamba should stay at Jamwal Villa and feel the nature at the closest rather than staying in crowded Dalhouise.

I am attaching some photos clicked at Jamwal Villa Homestay

Room Tip: Both rooms are good. One have River Site View and Other is have garden view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Tariq786132
Jammu City, India
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I visited this place in the month of october 2013.The stay was very comfortable.i would certainly like to visit the place again and stay for atleast a week this year. To state it in one line it was hospitality at its best at so reasonable price.

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Jamwal villa is fantastic place to relax. It is located about 14kms from main city chamba near the bank of river Ravi. It is surrounded by green mountains.
Food they served is very good. Fish pond; yoga point some of the things which add to beauty of jamwal villa
I visited there with my family. We got all the facilities at a reasonable price. I m attaching sum of the pics. I recommend every one to do visit jamwal villa
Cheers to jamwal villa

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chamba
Hotel Ashiana Regency
#8 of 34 in Dalhousie
Atithi Resort
Atithi Resort
#12 of 34 in Dalhousie

Been to Jamwal Villa Homestay? Share your experiences!