A birthday treat for my husband was a one night stay here with dinner bed and breakfast. We were given a very friendly welcome and shown to a really lovely room with fab bathroom, it was warm and welcoming. As it was a birthday we had taken a bottle of wine to share and were disappointed to find there were no glasses just plastic cups, I am sure if we had asked we could have had glasses but were a little surprised to find there were none. We had a fantastic meal and the value for money was excellent, my broccoli and potatoes had obviously been sitting in a hot water bath as were a bit mushy but this is really an extrememly small critisism of an excellent meal which we both enjoyed. My duck starter and sea bass main were both excellent and throughly enjoyable and my husbands prawn cocktail and steak were also excellent both leaving clean plates. The experience was definately enhanced by the waitress, Victoria, who was attentive, efficient and friendly without being intrusive. She was same the next morning at an equally excellent breakfast, she is a real credit to the establishment and worked really hard as the only waitress on duty on the Sunday evening without getting in a flap and maintaining her professionalism, well done Victoria. The only other very minor point was that it woudl have been nice to have linen napkins at the dining table rather than paper ones, again a minor point but it would have added to the fine dining experience. We both slept very well in a very comfortable bed in a quiet room overlooking the gardsn. We do hope to return another time and will recommend it to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award Winning Bed and Breakfast in Sedgeford, Hunstanton Norfolk. Welcome to The King William IV, Country Inn & Restaurant. Tucked away in the historic village of Sedgeford, lies this friendly award winning, 9 bedroom Inn; amid rolling countryside, less than a mile from the Peddars Way and conveniently close to Norfolk's Beautiful Coast. You will immediately feel at home; log fires throughout the Winter, sunshine in the gardens during Summer; whether you are just living around the corner, enjoying a short visit or staying overnight, The King William offers you a delightful relaxing escape into Country life. The King William IV Sedgeford - A great place to eat, drink & sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your The King William IV Country Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King William Iv Country Inn And Restaurant
- The King William Iv Country Inn & Restaurant Hotel Sedgeford
- Hunstanton Country Inn
- The King William IV Country Inn & Restaurant Sedgeford, Norfolk