“Excellent Food & Service”
Review of King William IV

King William IV
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Sedgeford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014

While staying in Sedgeford, walking the Peddars Way, we drank and dined in the King William IV country pub. The meals and service were first class and we were made to feel very welcome.

This was a throw back to the days of the great English pub, which are sadly fast disappearing. Highly recommended.

thekingwilliam, Owner at King William IV, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. I am really pleased you enjoyed your break at our Inn while walking the Peddars Way. I hope you successfully completed your walk.
Kind regards,
Lili Skerritt

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Took my Husband here for his 60th birthday lunch as a treat.The place looks stunning from outside,shame about the staff and quality of food.We arrived in bar area,no staff around,after about 5 minutes a girl came thru to the bar,no smile.good afternoon,nothing,just nodded,we ordered drinks and she really couldn't be bothered just looked out of window,we asked for menu,I asked if they had any Scampi,NO was her reply.not no sorry but perhaps you would like such and such etc,etc.We ordred the food,and another slightly more pleasant girl showed us to our table.We waited three quarters of an our for our food despite it being only a Thursday lunchtime and only about another dozen diners in far to slow!food was ok but not good,asparagus overcooked,and extra veg with the pork dish but no potatoes of any sort !!!???perhaps you had to order them as "extra"I had cod and chips,but batter hard and overcooked and fish was watery and tasteless.On the whole due to bad service and average food VERY DISAPOINTED!I did email them twice to complain but they NEVER di bother to reply!

2  Thank Margaret R

I am sorry you had a bad overall experience and found no initial reply to your feedback on this tripadvisor
platform. We do take all feedback seriously and aim to respond to all comments that reach us through the various media.
Following your email pointing this out I did some research and found out that sadly there are
two Tripadvisor review platforms running for our business. Unfortunately we were not notified of your review.
This is now resolved with Tripadvisor. From now on we have access to both platforms and will be alerted of
any new reviews on both platforms. My apologies that this is too late for your review and I'm sad that in the belated
correspondence we have not been able to resolve your disappointment.
Kind regards,
Lili Skerritt

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have been here a few times now, when in the area. The meal was excellent as always, service good. Will keep coming back.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Dined at this Pub/Restaurant twice last week. The food, service and ales on both occasions were first class. Would recommend the King William IV to anybody for any occasion.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I know this village well and have seen the "King Will" change over the years into what it has become today.
I have eaten here many times in the past and never been disappointed, but this particular meal was a family occasion to celebrate my Mum's 83rd birthday.
We were a mixed family group aged between 8 and 83 and all of us enjoyed the food and the experience.
The staff are friendly and helpful the service was good and we couldn't fault the food. Yes, its a little on the pricey side, but I would rather that than a cheaper but poor meal.
The whole place has a nice cosey feel about it and I can recommend the King Will winter or summer!