“Lovely food, lovely place!”
Review of Memories of India

Memories of India
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Durham
“Lovely food, lovely place!”
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Went in last week for a treat and it was amazing. I hardly go there because of my diet but when I treat myself, I cannot say to Memories of India's curry! The service was flowed nicely and the staff are friendly, which was great as it helped with its nice atmosphere of the place. The food was good as always. I prefer memories compared to the others Indians in Chester. I would love to go there again but my diet comes first haha!

• Visited June 2013

Newcastle, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,593 helpful votes
“BAD MEMORIES OF INDIA”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Well it’s been a while since we ate here last, and the standard of food in our opinion has went downhill.
The restaurant itself was clean and well-presented but the food was a disappointment and in this day and age they should be aware that every customer is a potential trip adviser reviewer so everything has to be prefect. We went bank holiday Monday early evening, very quiet only two tables in use.
We ordered our drinks for the four of us and our food a total of £75, and normally straight after that they normally bring out the “free”popadoms and pickles but not here! So next time we will go to an Indian restaurant where they do serve these “FREE OF CHARGE” as part of the service!!
Starters:
Chicken chat was nice, pakora (hot) was not even spicy and the mixed kebab was the same meat in different form i.e. one flat and one sausage shape.
Main course:
Ordered two lamb zalfreizi’s made vindaloo hot asked by the waiter “ are you sure as the zalfrezi’s is hot already” we got it vindaloo hot as requested but was not even as hot as a madras!! We have had much better Indian curries elsewhere if you request your curry vindaloo hot it should come vindaloo hot!! The beef Rogan josh and chicken madras was ok but was very bland not having any spice or heat to it and served Luke warm at that.
The Cobra beer was served WARM terrible and when we finished our meal they brought the heated towels out but never brought the orange fruit segments out to cleanse your pallet and no free drinks that we are now a custom too from other Indian restaurants that we use.
This used to be a good takeaway & restaurant but this was probably the last time I will eat here it’s not like it used to be years ago as it used to one of the best in the area but not anymore!!
We were not impressed at all

• Visited May 2013
22 Thank SUSAN H
Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab food, great service”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Had not been to Memories for a few years as I moved house. Decided to give the takeaway a try as it was recommended by family. Wasn't disappointed. The food was very good, really enjoyed it. The service was quick and friendly. After trying the takeaway, we tried the restaurant. Again the food was excellent. We tried different mains from the usual and were not disappointed. The service from the staff was friendly and attentive. They made the experience memorisable. We have since tried the takeaway a few times and always had a lovely meal. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited April 2013
Durham
“Would come back any day.”
Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

I usually come here when I fancy an Indian and it hasn't disappointed me yet. The staff were friendly and smart who are up for a chat. Even though some places charge a tiny bit less, the food was top notch so for value it was worth it!

Deffo coming back next time!

durham
“takeaway at restraurant prices”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We have used this restaurant in the past so when they introduced a takeaway service we decided to give it a try. We ordered 2currys rice and chips which arrived quite promptly. However, the currys both looked and tasted the same allthough different meals were ordered. We both agreed that the curry was very very bland and the chips were not cooked. At a price of £20 we think this is very expensive as the takeaway service we usually use would have been about £13. In our opinion give this one a miss, we both agree with a previous review this used to be the best curry house in the area but has now lost this reputation.

• Visited January 2013