Lynn and Alan made us feel very welcome in their home and couldn't have been more helpful over the course of our three day stay. We travelled to Durham with a toddler and as well as the cot for her to sleep in they also loaned us their grand children's toys for her to use. The house is well proportioned, beautifully decorated and very clean. Can't say there's anything to mark them down on and the breakfast is top notch. Lynn even went out to buy a bottle of Tabasco when she hadn't any in the cupboard when I ask on our first morning. Great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When it comes to Bed and Breakfast accommodation in Chester-le-Street, Hollycroft is the place to stay. Hollycroft is a family-owned, turn of the century traditional town house, which retains many of it's original features. Modern en-suites have been added without detracting from the period features. Hollycroft is open throughout the year (excluding the Christmas period) and is ideally situated for the County Cricket Ground, Lumley Castle and Beamish Museum. If you are looking for Chester-le-Street bed and breakfast accommodation with comfortable rooms, private off street parking and a very warm welcome from Alan and Lyn, Hollycroft is your place to stay. A fresh fruit salad is a speciality of ours as part of a hearty breakfast. All rooms en-suite with LED/LCD TV, Blue Ray/DVD, Wi-Fi internet, hospitality tray and tea/coffee facilities.Secure parking available on request.Children are welcome. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hollycroft Hotel Chester-Le-Street
- Hollycroft Bed And Breakfast
- Hollycroft B&B Chester-Le-Street, Durham