“Average”
Review of Queens Head

Queens Head
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chester-le-Street
Queens Head
Fife, Scotland
“Average”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Came for a meal and a quick drink one evening when our own hotel decided to not serve food after 7pm (even though we checked in at 6.50pm).
The place is what it is, a Wetherspoon type place serving cheap and reasonable food.
The portion sizes were quite generous, the food hot and ordinary.
When I ordered at the bar the man serving me was a bit aloof and remote, and had more time for his mates at the bar, but later at the table he was quite friendly? Go figure? People working in service industries should realise that the tone of their voice, their expressions, their manners are all part of the experience and can put people off.
The food was served quickly, was nothing out of the ordinary but also we had nothing to complain about. If you go to eat in an establishment that is open from breakfast to supper then you take your chance sometimes with whoever is in the kitchen at that particular point in time; as another reviewer has discovered to their obvious dislike.
The clientele was a mixture of mature couples, families and youngsters just in for the drink. Nothing rowdy, and as I said, we could have been in a Wetherspoon and we wouldn't have known the difference.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
durham
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I take my 81 year old parents here for lunch at least once per week, the menu is varied and is changed every so often. Myself and my family also go here on an evening where on mondays and tuesdays you can get a rump steak chips and peas plus a drink for £4.49 now I am aware that rump steak can be tough but I have never had a bad steak here yet. You can add onion rings and a sauce at a small cost. This pub is the only place where a free glass of wine is not rubbish and your offered a choice of wines. As for underaged drinkers I've never witnessed anybody drunk in here. This place serves excellent food and is great value for money

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank lindy406
scotland
Reviewed 25 March 2010

To keep this review brief we go here all the time for lunches and especially Sunday Lunches!
The sunday lunch is like slabs of meat I would say not the usual thin slips of meat you at most places .
Its a great place where you feel welcome and to be honest its like being invited into someones house for lunch really.
The staff are very very pleasant and welcoming and its money well spent and you also have the option of for an extra £1.00 going large BUT I was stuffed at the £4.95 sunday lunch !! Enjoy !!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester-le-Street
Lumley Castle Hotel
#6 of 8 in Chester-le-Street
The Lambton Worm
The Lambton Worm
#1 of 8 in Chester-le-Street

Been to Queens Head? Share your experiences!