“Simply Perfect!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cookson Spice

Cookson Spice
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian, Eastern European
Good for: Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply Perfect!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Me and a friend popped in here late on a Tuesday evening. We didn't arrive till around 8:45pm but the staff were still more than happy to accommodate us! Was a quiet evening in the restaurant but the standards were the same as they've always been, very high! I've been here on a few previous occasions and haven't had a bad meal yet! I personally recommend the Monkfish Jalfrezi. Being a restaurant supervisor myself, I often look out for bad service or ways to improve, however, I've been left stumped with this one! I've read a few reviews about the service being slow, not only is this not the case, delays are always expected when busy! Its the sign of a good restaurant! Flawless every time. The reason for 4 stars and not 5 is because I believe there is always one more improvement that can be made. I look forward to eating here again and see what's changed!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank DLM91

Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
“Fast, efficient and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Although I have eaten at the Cookson Spice previously what puts me off is the general lack of atmosphere and ambience, notwithstanding this, my dining partner wanted to go there so there we went.
We had booked a table for early evening so wasn't expecting too many people in, we were the first and were sat down straight away, we ordered our drinks which arrived promptly and ordered our meals. A short wait later we received our starters which were delicious and plentiful, onion bhajis for my dining partner and garlic chakra for me, first time I have had this, but won't be the last. On removing our plates our waiter asked if we wanted our main meals straight away, which we did and they arrived a short time after. Chicken curry for my dining partner and Malayan Chicken for me with mushroom pilau.....very nice 2 clean plates. Please drinks and an inexpensive bill later we departed happy diners.
Pleasant experience but still no atmosphere to mention.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Christine T
Durham, United Kingdom
“lovely food but.............”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

The food was very very nice but it was let down by the very slow service. After taking our orders it took 50 mins just to get our starters ( we had to ask where they were) and then another long wait for our main course, hence we didnt ask for coffee's or we might still be there

Visited April 2014
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Flaming lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

The clue is on the title. Had garlic lamb chops for starter and they were beautiful. Freshly made so be prepared to wait. Then came the main meal "Gengis Flame". Don't want to spoil the surprise but if you fancy something different go for this you won't be disappointed.

3 Thank Brunocummings344
Chester-le-Street, England, United Kingdom
“Last Minute Tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Decided to see if we could get a table for tea early Saturday evening and they managed to fit 3 of us in. Was busy all the time we were in and although both staff and food are great, we did wait an hour and a half for our main course! We had a mixed fish starter which was absolutely gorgeous as was the rest of the food when it arrived. Would certainly recommend Cookson Spice and look forward to returning.

• Visited February 2014