“Ben and the team do well.”

Black Knight Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Malvern, United Kingdom
“Ben and the team do well.”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Staff are great, food is good and you get what you pay for..
It gets busy and breakfasts are very busy if they have coach tours in so get down for breakfast early!!

Visited August 2013

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband and I loved this restaurant,for starters we had red mullet with a vinegarette salad-wonderful,not something I'd normally order,it was delicious,my husband had pork which was beautifully presented and tasted delicious,I had roast beef dinner again delicious,my husband couldn't manage dessert but I had chocolate tart with raspberries and vanilla ice cream,I couldn't fault the food,the service was amazing,in fact I can't wait for a return visit.

• Visited March 2014
“Fabulous food in a jaw dropping location”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful meal at the Black Knight restaurant located with Lumley Castle. The food was beautifully cooked and presented, the service was attentive with our being intrusive and the interior was a delight but on top of all of this is the castle itself. If you have an evening meal you will have the delight of the castle lit up. It is spectacular and is the perfect touch to a special evening out. Definitely recommend for that special celebration. It's not cheap but it is memorable and well worth the money.

• Visited May 2014
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Good food, reasonably priced!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Visited over than bank holiday whilst 2 weddings were on but service was still good - were asked to order from the bar whilst having a drink which seemed odd but worked well as had starters almost as soon as we were seated.

Only let down was the choice of lager was only Coors or Carling and the wine list was pretty poor which we didn't expect from this type of venue.

On the whole, nice evening though.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Never fails to disapoint”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We returned from our holiday and were looking for somewhere to eat with relatives. We tried many of our favourite places but being Friday evening all were booked.

Lamely castle was free and when we asked a time expecting to be a reduced availability we were told any time. So we said 7pm. So reading between the lines I think what they do here is you book a table for the time you want then go to the library bar and wait until there is a free table ..so on a busy night you could be waiting a long time!

So, we wanted somewhere special to take our relatives. But there is no dress code here. Well, that's good and bad. Surely if you want somewhere to be special or have a posh up market atmosphere people need to be dressed nicely. To put this into perspective on the tables around us people were wearing football shirts ripped jeans and trainers on the other tables people were wearing sweat shirts and hoodies. A couple of women had dresses on but that was it...so a special place it isn't ..also children were playing noisy computer games so we had the constant ding ding ping ping do dee doo all night ...yes this make the visit here really special ! I would have expected the waiters to look after all guests...this was akin to the local MC Donald's not a good restaurant!

Next the food wasn't particularly good. In fact my sweet was sticky toffee pudding. The pudding was so hard I actually couldn't cut into it with my spoon and left it. We weren't even asked if our food was ok. I suspect the sticky toffee pudding was microwaved for too long hence the outer shell being very leather like!

Our bill was wrong but only by a few pounds so we didn't bother to contest it. But check yours!

The room was very cold with the doors open, I guess more to keep the staff cold than the guests as it was obvious everyone was cold as we all put our jackets on and the children on another table were being cuddled under the jackets of their parents!

All in all a pretty rubbish experience, Mc Donald's seems a more atmospheric place.

• Visited April 2014