“Frequent visitors”

Red Lion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We go frequently to this pub for lunch, the menu is varied and good value. The Sunday roasts are very nice. I would advise booking on a Sunday though as it gets very busy.
The only downside is sometimes they seem a little short staffed and you have a long wait.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were staying a few minutes away & our hosts had copies of the menu on display. The food was excellent, lots of it and extremely tasty. Try the seafood meze!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We did not expect much for 2 meals for a tenner but the food was great quality nicely presented with good portions and the choice of real ale was pretty good to .good outdoor area but probably would be a bit noisy

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We ate here last night and we could not fault the service or food at all. Our waitress was really pleasant and very helpful. We did not have to wait too long for food and as ever, it was cooked perfectly and there was plenty of it. With the bar having a good selection of real ales too, this is a gem of a place. My only comment would be that I couldn't finish my main meal having had a starter too so unfortunately I had no room for pudding. My husband did have a pudding and knowing there had been comments about the portion sizes of puddings from previous reviews, he found it to be absolutely fine - and delicious. My final word to staff at The Red Lion is that you are doing a great job, keep up the good work and I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Decided to venture a bit further and found a gem - 2 brilliant meals for a tenner - good service even though they were busy - will definitely visit again when in the area