“MANAGEMENT TAKE NOTE”

Cuisines: Cafe
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“MANAGEMENT TAKE NOTE”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I do not really like giving bad feedback however,
I purchased a. Groupon for three visits to this cafe, two coffees and two scones x3 for £9.
On the first occasion my friend and I got the coffee and scones and the were undercooked and I edible.
We left the said scones and complained to the staff who are really nice and pleasant. The said they would feedback our comments to the management to rectify the complaint.
On the second visit we again got coffee and scone. This time they were the same. It was like eating dough,and the small amount I did eat gave me indigestion, again we spoke to a member of staff who said we were not the first people to complain.
I put a feedback form in the box provided so someone would take notice.
COME ON management sack the cook , or make the scones not so thick so they can cook inside.
The staff in this cafe do not deserve to receive complaints they are lovely people..
Bit reluctant to visit again, MAYBE 3 rd time lucky you never know

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Hilary R

“Great homemade food”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Pop in for coffee or lunch I'm sure you won't be disappointed ! There's plenty to choose from and the mince and dumplings are out of this world ! Remember this is a garden center cafe so don't expect the ritz . The family run center has plenty on offer and can only praise the staff for their down to earth friendliness ! No I don't work there I go because I like it . Best time for lunch I would say is 11.30 - 1pm

• Visited March 2014
Chester-le-Street, England, United Kingdom
“Freshly made wholesome food.”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This family run garden centre and café is well worth a visit. The food is freshly made to order, so if it's busy there's sometimes a bit of a wait, but it's worth it. Good tasting food and huge portions, really good value for money. The Sunday dinners are a must. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There's a large seating area inside and out. There's also a large childrens play area outside. It's well worth a visit, either for breakfast, lunch or just for a cuppa and a piece of homemade cake.

1 Thank Peter D