We've travelled a lot, been to many places but never have we felt so cheated..Such a gap between what's advertised and the reality is absolutely shocking.
Here's how they "sell" the resort on their website:
"Don't you like to have an island? Oliviera resort lets you experience this feeling!" and add that it's the "first and only island hotel of Turkey".
This is their selling point, this is the idea people fall in love with..
Now, here's the reality:
beaches: one single beach not more than 40meters long on which you're tortured with non stop loud music. That's it! The rest of the island is private property they say and add that we can go if we want to but it's dangerous and unpleasant! yes THE beach was pretty but then again Turkey is full of gorgeous beaches.
rooms: dirty and falling apart, literally..On the day we left curtains actually fell on our heads.
service at the restaurant: the only positive point. It was as if the restaurant was run by an entirely different "management". It was good, the food, the staff, the service..
And here's the final incident, the last drop that made us pack our bags and run to salvage what was left of our vacation: There were only us and another family on the beach that morning. I asked (more like begged with tears of nerves in my eyes) them to stop the noise they call music at least for a little while so that I could hear the sea.
They did..for 15 minutes and started again. When asked for an explanation, they answered that it was "hotel policy that there should be music at all times on the beach and it was management's orders". We tried to find the management and found out they were on a business trip.. I believe the said management is so busy marvelling on how special their product is, spending money and time on selling the island that it forgets to actually run the place.
Final word: Turkey is full of truly stunning places, little corners of heaven earth, gorgeous hotels. This one is just not one of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalem Island, a haunting place of only the sailors up to date which has never lost its mysterious character is making time loses its meaning while taking you to an amazing world within a historical texture. Kalem Island's boutique hotel Oliviera Resort let you experience the comfort of being in an Island with its 30 distinct rooms which are decorated in minor and simple details. It offers warm atmosphere in its restaurants and bars accompanied by the splendid views of Eagean shores and Lesbos Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kalem Island Oliviera Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalem Island Oliviera Hotel Dikili
- Kalem Island Oliviera Resort Dikili, Turkey - Izmir Province