“Come on you Reds”

Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Knowsley
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Knowsley
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife bought a leisure break as a Christmas present for me to watch Liverpool play Swansea at Anfield and the hotel was part of the package. On arrival the reception staff were very welcoming and the ground floor room was good. No food available in the hotel Friday, Saturday or Sunday but you can order in Indian, Chinese and pizzas plus others. We ordered Indian,it was excellent and not expensive, portions generous so order 2 between 3. Buffet breakfast was ok with a good choice. I rang on the day before our arrival to check our reservation and spoke to a young lady at reception, who could not have been more helpful and she prepared, unknown to me, details of buses into the city centre and local eateries, what customer service. I don't suppose that I should put your name here so I wont but you and your mother know who you are. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and this went a long way to making our short stay were comfortable. Many thanks to you all.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor close to reception
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PBinLA-on-Sea
susanexhi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Knowsley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. It is so lovely to hear such good feedback about the staff and positive feedback about the hotel. We really do try our best to make all guests feel comfortable and have a good stay.
I do know the staff members you have mentioned so I will be sure to pass on congratulations to them for their customer service.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.
Regards

Reviewed 24 February 2014

we stayed at your hotel and would like to say how friendly and very helpful your staff are and the night porter who was on at the weeken looked after my nephew put him up to bed and put him in the recovery position so he wouldn't choke on his sick rooms were great breakfast was really nice would recommend this hotel to all my friends and will be back again had a great weekend for our double stag doo

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
susanexhi, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Knowsley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review of the hotel, it is very nice to receive good feedback both for myself and the staff. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the relevant staff members.
Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Regards

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Firstly let me say you always know what to expect when you stay at a Holiday Inn Express.
Me and my brother were heading up to Liverpool for the Arsenal game and with it being a 12.45 kick off we needed somewhere to stay the evening before.
The drive up was a pleasant experience and the hotel was easy to find.
The staff, our room and most of the facilities were more than adequate for a one night stay.
The most disappointing part of our stay was the lack of any real form of restaurant or bar.
The bar was really only an extension of the reception.
There was a sitting area/lounge but no restaurant. With a folder of takeaway menus on the counter top we were told we could order food to be delivered.
Wanting something more than a takeaway we popped to the hotel opposite to have a real meal.
The room and the nights sleep were what you'd expect and met the usual standard.
Breakfast was served in the lounge area, with it consisting of scrambled egg, sausages and beans. With a choice of cereals and small croissants.
The breakfast was fine, but the scrambled egg looked like it had been sat there for quite sometime and we were downstairs for breakfast around 8.30am.

All in all if you've planning a one night stay, this hotel is more than adequate but I certainly wouldn't want to stay any longer than just the one night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
susanexhi, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Knowsley, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Dear ant 16979,

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.
As a Holiday Inn by Express we are limited to the services that we offer and we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your dining experience. We do offer a small in house menu however this is only available Sunday to thursday. Within relation to the breakfast i will inform our breakfast team about the hot options served and we will ensure this problem is solved.
We are very pleased to hear you did enjoy the rest of your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Yours Sincerley,

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed here last night as used Holiday Inn Express in the past. Booked just the one night a couple of weeks back through last minute.com. Reasonably priced, clean rooms and helpful friendly staff.
My one complaint (although not major) would be the comfort of the bed. I like a hard bed and although this one was it was quite uncomfortable and I woke up aching. The pillows were too big which also resulted in me having a pained neck.
Breakfast was in with the price and included cereals, yogurts, toast, beans, scrambled egg and sausage and there were various marmalades, jams and cheeses.

Would I stay here again if returning to Liverpool? Yes, although it was quite a distance from the centre, around 20 minutes in a taxi.

Stayed: February 2014
susanexhi, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Knowsley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Jus_x

Thank you for your review, it is only with continued guest feedback that we can continue to improve the services we offer.
We have passed all of your comments to our management team for review and of course offer our apologies for any discomfort you may have experienced during the night.
If we can be of any further assistance please do let us know.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here the other night as it was local to Liverpool where I was working but cheaper than staying at the docks.

All I wanted was a bed for the night. I was more than happy. The room was nice and quiet both from residents and also passing traffic. I had a good night's sleep and brekky in the morning.

The staff were friendly and polite and I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay nearby.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
susanexhi, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Knowsley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Tony_and_Kay,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We do try our hardest to make our guest's stay the best possible. We are all very happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Lovely modern hotel with free wifi which is a big plus. Rooms were clean and spacious and the staff were very friendly. Had a buffet-style breakfast which had an excellent choice of food and was very tasty. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LittleAngelRach

Dear LittleAngelRach,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We love to hear when a guest has enjoyed their stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 1 January 2014

very good hotel and will come back rooms clean , very handy for shopping and as I am visiting someone in hospital will be down in jan 14 to stay again
we enjoy our stay down and look forward to next time

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you very much for your review and apologies for the delay in responding.
It is great for us to receive positive feedback, we really appreciate it so thank you.
Anything we can help you with in the future please do give the hotel a call.
Kind Regards
Jessica Gilmartin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knowsley
Suites Hotel & Spa -  Knowsley
Travelodge Liverpool Stonedale Park
Park Hotel
Park Hotel
#58 of 98 in Liverpool
Village Hotel Liverpool
Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/John Lennon Airport
Travelodge Wallasey New Brighton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Knowsley? Share your experiences!