“Great hotel with brilliant staff!”

Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Knowsley
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great hotel with brilliant staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I am a frequent business guest and always have an enjoyable stay. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable, the food is superb and I regularly use the excellent leisure facilities. All the staff in the hotel are friendly, helpful and very professional.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your excellent scores and comments.
I am pleased that you stay with us frequently and enjoy your stay every time. The staff always get a great mention in reviews and yes I have to agree with you that they are nice and friendly.
I look forward to your return and please let me know when you are here next so that I can Thank you in person.
Wishing you a great Christmas and good fortune in the new year
Mrs Pat King

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stay reasonably frequently at this hotel as a business customer and am warmly greeted, my needs always readily met, the staff are super helpful, there's a comprehensive gym/pool and sauna with very competent personal trainers and nothing is too much trouble in this hotel. If something goes wrong it's attended to within minutes.
Great personal service which is so rare these days.
Thanks for looking after me suites

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a buzzy box in it for a quiet nights sleep if your a light sleeper
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your great comments and excellent scores.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that all your needs were looked after.
The leisure facilities are great and yes there are Personal Trainers on hand every day who will work out a great diet and fitness programme for you.
Thank you for your lovely comments about the staff, they are a warm and friendly lot.
I hope you will come and stay with us again in the future.
May i take this opportunity to wish you a very merry Christmas and a great 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

My wife and i stayed here over the weekend in a standard double suite,
It was without doubt the best hotel we have stayed in.
The staff were very nice, helpful and friendly. The whole hotel is very well maintained and clean.
Our room was massive! for a standard double i was amazed at the size and the little added extras that really made a difference.
you enter into the living room where there is a small sofa and table and a dining table and 2 chairs. there is also a huge work desk for any business use or if you take your laptop. plenty of tea/coffee/hot chocolate and a good TV.
Off this room was a very clean bathroom with lovely toiletries. and through the last door was the bedroom. well, this was amazing. another sink, a huge wardrobe with safe, a dressing table and another TV. the bed was KING SIZE and very comfortable.
Breakfast was included in the very good price and i have to say it was very very nice. a great assortment of pretty much everything you would expect for breakfast inc hot, cold and the in between :) again, the staff were very nice and helpful.
the swimming pool was very nice as were the usual health club facilities.
overall it was a very enjoyable and relaxing stay. having the living room off the main corridor and not the bedroom resulted in a peaceful nights sleep.
we will definitely return and i would highly recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely comments and excellent scores.
It is lovely to read when our customers have enjoyed their stay and made use of all the facilities. Its nice that you mentioned the staff as they are the backbone of any business and they always get great comments to which we are very proud. Maintaining the hotel is ongoing all year round and we do renew, replace and replenish things in the hotel continuously.
I look forward to your return and please make yourself known to me and we can have a chat over a cup of tea.
Once again Thank you for the great comments
All the very best for Christmas and 2014
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Great rooms and good food. Only one little niggle was pre order of evening meal. It just felt a kittle more about the hotel getting things done and took it away from being, firstly a customer and secondly a guest. Overall impression was good and conferencing facilities were excellent

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your great comments and scores.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and meals, and that you found our conference facilities excellent. The reason for pre orders with big parties are more for the convenience of the party than the hotel. It is to ensure firstly that we have everything that you order and that you dont have a long wait for your food when you arrive to the restaurant which can happen when a large party are all deciding what to have. You can always opt not to pre order, but this would mean a longer wait from arriving at the restaurant to getting your meal. If you use us again for a conference, discuss the options with the co ordinator, she will be only to pleased to accomodate your needs to your specifications.
once again thank you for the great scores
I would like to wish you a merry christmas and all the best for 2014.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Start with the positives:
Restaurant staff are exceptional. Food is good. Rooms are comfortable.
But these qualities do not compensate for the worst hotel admin I've ever come across.

They failed to reserve rooms for the dates I asked for.
They double charged me for the stay, then it took lots of emails back and forth, and three separate refunds to claw my money back.
Many of their receptionists are surly, and don't seem to know a thing about how to treat their customers.

I'd give four stars for the catering, three stars for the rooms, but zero for the hotel admin.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the main road. However, good luck with them listening to your request.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a review. Thankyou for your nice comments about the restaurant staff, the food and the rooms. I am however disturbed about your comments regarding your booking procedure. I do take all criticism very seriously whether good or bad and will be looking into this, albeit that it was 5 months ago. I can assure you that I will investigate this thoroughly as this is the first comment of this kind that we have ever received.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a merry christmas
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Just stayed at the Suites Hotel in Knowlsey, Merseyside. We weregoing to LIverpool for a night out and some Christmas shopping in Liverpool One. Most City centre hotels were full booked so we chose the Suites Hotel. On arrival the check in staff were absolutely brilliant. Really friendly and helpfull. The rooms are fantastic. Spotlesly clean, quiet and very very comfortable. We had a great nights sleep. Breakfast was top class with great friendly staff on hand. Taxi ride into the centre cost us £18.00 which is again great value compared with some of the centre car parking charges. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
I am glad you found us and can say that the city centres loss is our gain.
I am so pleasaed that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your liking. When you are here next please make yourself known to me, I look forward to thanking you in person for your wonderful review
All the very best for christmas and 2014
General Manger
The Suites Hotel Knowsley
Kendal, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We visited Suites Hotel last night and stayed over to attend a work party.
The rooms are spacious with a seating area, desk and table/chairs in an adjoining room to the bedroom. Free wifi throughout the building although sometimes it was hard for my laptop to pick up.
Relaxing bar area with wide selection of drinks but a little pricey.
Fantastic leisure facilities with pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and gym. Immaculate presentation and friendly staff.
The only downside for us was that we took part in a corporate Xmas party which was a lot of fun with disco etc but limited choice for Xmas party food and the food itself was not great although there were an awful lot of people to feed!
The food I had the previous lunchtime however was excellent and served in the bar area. Good choice of goods for breakfast.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the great scores.
I am glad you enjoyed all areas of the hotel and had a lot of fun at the Christmas party. The menu was a traditional christmas party menu with a choice of starters, main course and desserts and as you can appreciate when catering for such big numbers you can only give a limited choice. You say the food was not great yet we had very good feedback from every party saying that the food was lovely and also very hot, as we make sure to go to every table during the meal for their comments and to make sure that they are happy with their meal. No adverse comments were made at all. If you had a problem it would have been better to bring this to the attention of either the duty manager or the banqueting manager on the night when they were going around the tables for comments as then they could have resolved this for you at the time. I am pleased that you enjoyed the lunch and breakfast menus and that the staff were friendly with you. The staff always get great comments in reviews, we are very proud of them.
I hope you will visit us agin in the future, if you do please make yourself known to me and we can chat about this over a cup of tea.
Best wishes for christmas and 2014
Mrs Pat King
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knowsley
Central Liverpool
30 James Street, Home of the Titanic
Titanic Hotel Liverpool
#16 of 99 in Liverpool
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,908 reviews
The Nadler Liverpool
#2 of 99 in Liverpool
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,844 reviews

Been to Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley? Share your experiences!