“Late arrival”

Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Knowsley
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel a few weeks ago. Arrived pretty be-draggled at 2.30am following a long drive from Glasgow (Commonwealth 7's rugby finals). Met by the Night Porter/receptionist? who was quick in booking me in and very helpful.

Rooms very clean, not sure how to use the sink in the bedroom as the bedside table and lamp get in the way. Shower very good.

Ate in the Bistro and had fish and chips. This was a bit unfortunate as I was comparing the quality to a meal I'd had up near Mallaig the previous week and I'm afraid suites was a pretty average affair! Not sure I'll eat in the Bistro again as the menu is a bit "pub dinner". Restaurant or a run into town.

All in all an ok stay. Rooms and staff fine, a little let down by dinner.

Room Tip: One that doesn't have an electrical fuse/junction box in it as one of our party did. Very noisy...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your great scores.
I am pleased that the night porter was really helpful to you especially after your long drive, our staff really do care about our customers and always get great comments. I am surprised that you didn't enjoy your meal as the fish and chips always get rave reviews and this is the first negative I have had about it. Did you bring this to the attention of the manager in charge on the night? The bistro is more home cooking menu with traditional dishes but there is also a fine dining restaurant with an A La Carte and Table D'Hote menu to choose from.
If you come to stay again at the hotel please make yourself known to me so that we can chat about your comments.
Best regards

There are newer reviews for Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I had to stay at this hotel for 10 nights for work. The hotel is just off the M57 motorway, which makes for easy access if you have a car, However the hotel itself is quite isolated, with nothing else around it, with only a long and slow bus route to Liverpool City Centre. I can't really imagine why anyone would chose to stay out in Knowsley when there are so many hotels in the City Centre.

The rooms with the separte lounge / office are OK, but when I was there the aircon wasn't working due to other works being carried out at the hotel, and being next to the motorway made it too noisy to open the windows. This meant that the room was very hot, especially as I was working nights.

The menu choices I thought were very poor, with not much choice. The orders were not always correctly taken and when you ordered room service with a starter and a main they only ever brought one set of cutlery.

The main restaurant times for opening were quite poor (being shut completely Friday to Sunday with only the Bistro open), and breakfast even on a weekday started late at 07:00 (most hotels are 06:30) which was inconvenient.

There is a bit of potential here but I don't think it'll ever be a 4 or 5 star hotel due to its location.

Room Tip: Get a room at he back away from the motorway.
2  Thank Baldipaul
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate people taking their time to do so.
The hotel is very well connected to the motorway system, m62 m57 , m58 and only maximum 15 minutes to Liverpool City centre and we do have some very good pubs and attractions very close. If you would have asked, we would have been only too pleased to tell you where they were.
Sorry about the bus route, I am sure you understand we don't run buses, but it has never been complained about before and we do have a lot of people stay here that travel into Liverpool on the bus.
We appreciate there are also good hotels in Liverpool but I can assure you we do have many people who stay here who do business in Liverpool, and let's face it we are in Knowsley, we don't claim to be in Liverpool and surely you we're put here by your company.
You write the rooms are ok, the rooms are very large and are a suite and in many of the previous postings they do get excellent reviews, along with many great reviews of the staff, I note you did not mention that, they are very friendly and efficient and they all worked longer hours to accommodate your working shift patterns.
I am sorry about the air conditioning not working. We did put a notice in every room and on reception and told everyone on check in about the system being out of commission due to extensive works in the hotel to create our new spa. Annoying to you and us alike, but sorry something has to give in this sort of situation.
The menu choice is not poor in any way, we have a bistro menu, a table d'hôtel and a la carte menu plus a 24 hour room service menu and many good reports about the food in previous posts. Can I suggest a tip for you that if you stay anywhere again that does not give you the service you expect, that you immediately bring it to the notice of the management, had you have done that with us, we would have jumped through hoops to get it right for you.
The main restaurant we do close Friday night to Sunday because of the success of our new bistro and of course you can eat off an extensive menu in there including the table d'hôtel menu and specials menu, plenty of choice.
Re your comments about the 4 star / 5 star etc. we don't award that to ourselves, the AA award that by secret visits and we actually retained our 4 star status from the week that you stayed here. I can send you the documentary evidence if you send me your email direct to the hotel. The star rating is not done on location.
I can assure you myself and my staff will do our very best all the time for our residents, previous posts have proved that.
What springs to mind to me is, " you can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all of the people all of the time" . Although we do try to achieve this.
Please if you pass our way again, drop in for a cup of tea or coffee so we can have a chat.
Suites Hotel Knowsley.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This place is really nothing special so no idea why there are reviews raving about it on here!
On the plus side, it's easy to find and the staff are very friendly. Dinner was reasonably priced and adequate quality - menu at restaurant was pretty good choice, though bistro choice was not great.
On the minus side, the rooms are dated and tired (at least mine was.). I was in an accessible room (no idea why) and the contraption on the bath to help someone disabled use it was decidedly grubby and it had scuffed the bath. The hotel lobby had a Christmas tree (in the middle of July!?!). The bathroom has an unwelcoming sign about being charged for towels if any go wrong - but a towel count that was wrong in the first case - felt very unwelcoming.
Would I stay again? Maybe, but I'd be more likely to book a premier inn instead

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Janeburkitt
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Needing somewhere to stay on my way into Liverpool I found this place and the reviews looked favourable.

The rooms are very well laid out and, as the name suggests, you get a room set up like an office, with a sofa, table and dining table with chairs. This lead to a Bathroom which if I was being brutal, in my room, could do with some updating, especially the fittings in the shower but overall very clean and well equipped.

The bedroom again is spacious with a lovely firm bed, bedside sink and another TV.

The pool is a bonus and was nice to use prior to eating.

I ate in the Brasserie and have to recommend the food. I have the Ribs followed by Sausage and Mash which not only was well presented but was served with proper gravy!

I would definitely stay again and it would be an ideal base for a longer stay whereby I could bring the family and we would not get in each others way whilst work is required.

Finally, as I have said on other reviews, the staff can make or break a hotel, regardless of cost. The staff here are bright eyed, friendly and very helpful which always makes the end of a long day better when you get a warm welcome.

Would recommend, especially if you are working or visiting with a family or partner and require a little space.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your great review and scores. I am glad you took time to check our reviews and decided to stay with us. As you mentioned the rooms are well laid out and all of our rooms are suites with 2 rooms and a TV in each, one being the bedroom and the other being a lounge come dining room come study whichever you wish to use it for. It's good to see that you made use of all the facilities including the pool in our leisure club and the great food in our new bistro. I have to agree with you that the sausage and mash is gorgeous and yes it is real gravy. It's nice to see that you would like to come nd stay again and with the family next time as we are a family run hotel and are very family friendly. The staff can make or break a business and our staff are lovely and always get rave reviews for friendliness and helpfulness. Maybe next time when you come to stay our new spa will be open and you can treat yourself to a bit of pampering with a massage or a facial. It is due to open in September so next time you are here, please make yourself known to me and we can chat over a cup of tea. Once again thank you for your lovely review.
Suites Hotel Knowsley.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before with no complaints , the staff are fantastic.
They have now added a Bistro dining coffee shop type of area and food is very good , I hade the homemade steamed pudding one night and then the Lancashire hot pot the second night , was fantastic quality. Whilst there I noticed builders in the car park and was told they are building a spa in the hotel , I enquired about it and was shown the artists impressions , looks very inviting and luxurious , cant wait as then will bring my wife with me.
Once again fantastic stay here.

Room Tip: My tip is to stay here if you are near Liverpool and don't want to pay hefty car parking overnig...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Pat K, General Manager at Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review and for such great scores.
Its always nice to see that our customers return to us after a pleasant stay. We opened our new Bistro approx. 3 months ago and it is very popular. We can now offer fine dining in our restaurant and good home cooking in our bistro and you mentioned the homemade pudding which has everybody talking about them, because they are so big and fabulous. We are all very excited about our new Luxurious Spa that is opening in September. You will definitely have to bring your wife along to have one of the Decleor or Carita treatments or to just indulge in our rasul and thermal area before some quality rest in our relaxation room. Your wife will certainly enjoy her experience in the spa. We look forward to welcoming you back here in the near future.
Once again thank you

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Wanted a bed to sleep in, and a good feed. I arrived tired, and was met at reception by the most helpful friendly lady, arrived at my room and was shocked at the quality and size of it, this first ten minutes gave me the warmest of feelings and thought can this place be this good. I travel a lot and most hotels have some down fall. I could not find one, all the staff were great friendly and obviously well trained, the place was spotless, so clean, and the food out of this world. I actually felt it a pleasure to pay, what a great two nights stay I had and will look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your excellent scores and comments and for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
I am glad that you felt warm feelings from your stay here and that you thought the rooms were quality as we also think we have a quality product here. We are all very proud of our hotel and the staff portray this in their approach to customers. We try our very best to give all our guests a good customer experience and if they leave with comments like yours then we know we have done our job properly.
we look forward to welcoming you back soon and maybe then you will be able to indulge in our new spa that is about to open in September.
Once again thank you for your comments
General manager

Reviewed 3 July 2014

i stayed at this hotel last month, attended a wedding function. the "room" was as it says on the tin and some. it was spacious, clean and comfortable. the staff were very attentive and could not do enough. their customer focus was second to none. the food was delicious, i could not find fault at all. highly recommended. i will definately be making a return journey.

Room Tip: as far as i could tell, all rooms were good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your excellent scores and comments.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff looked after you so well, we do have lovely staff and we are very proud of them and the attention that they give our customers. I hope you will return in the future and maybe our luxurious spa will be open on your next visit and you can indulge in a lovely Decleor or Carita facial in one of our 8 treatment rooms, thermal area or relaxation room. You may wish to have a manicure or pedicure too. It is due to open in September.
Once again thank you for your comments and great scores
Mrs Pat King

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knowsley
Central Liverpool
30 James Street, Home of the Titanic
Titanic Hotel Liverpool
#16 of 98 in Liverpool
Park Hotel
#57 of 98 in Liverpool

Been to Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley? Share your experiences!