“Worth the visit”

Ranked #1 of 2 Yorkeys Knob B&B and Inns
Oakville, Canada
“Worth the visit”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

You just cannot go past this spot. Although in need of its upcoming refurbishment, this B&B still delivers everything you need for a relaxing stay. From Gail the hostess who treats you like family to the unforgettable ocean and sunrise views from both levels of the 2 bed villa. Make this a must stay while in the Cairns area. Reminiscent of Santorini be prepared to be mesmerised on arrival as you make your way down to the villa. Will definitely return.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank princesscoopioe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Villa Gail is a unique place, which is very tranquil & refreshing.
We loved the wonderful views.
Gail was such a lovely hostess who made me feel I'd known her for years.
Breakfast was delicious.
Waking up to see the sun rising was an incredible experience.
Am feeling fitter from all the steps.
I highly recommend Villa Gail.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bev W
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

A gorgeous location with breathtaking views of Yorkeys Knob and Cairns Northern beaches. We were well taken care of by owner and operator, the lovely Gail, who made us feel sooo welcome and so much at home. She loves her job and it shows : ) Our room which was clean & comfortable, also came with its own stunning view of the ocean. The freshly made breakfast was just what we needed to start the day. By far, the best located B&B we have visited.

Thanks again for looking after us Gail, we'll be seeing you again soon.xx

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Renee7871
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This place is lovely and Gail is a thoughtful hostess. We stayed at A Villa Gail for three nights. Gail made us feel so welcome. We felt like part of the family! Situated on top of a hill, all rooms and terraces have spectacular views of the ocean. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable. Gail even left us cold water and cream for the tea in the room's refrigerator. The pool is tiled in beautiful dark blue tiles. The breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, juice, toast, and yogurt. It was worth waking up for and we enjoyed eating outside and admiring the view. Gail will help you arrange tours to the rainforest, Great Barrier, Reef, or wherever you want to go. If you want to eat at the Boat Club (which we enjoyed) she can arrange for the restaurant's free shuttle service. We look forward to staying here again!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! We had rooms on different floors and they all had the view of the pacific :)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Prashant T
Isleton
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I spent a week at A Villa Gail and used it as my base to explore the area. Gail, the owner, does everything! From picking you up at the airport, dropping you off at the train station, taking you into town for supplies, to preparing your fresh fruit breakfast every morning. She also arranged any trips that I wanted to go on and recommended many. The views from the property are wonderful. Combined with Gail's personality, you can't go wrong with a stay here. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jim J
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Enjoyed the fruit breakfast, magnificent views, a warm welcome, a great host, and the relaxed feel to a clean premises. We enjoyed our stay in the room overlooking the ocean directly. There is off street parking too. Quiet suburb of North Cairns with just a few shops for your essentials. Airport about 15 min drive away.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Mishkablue72
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at Gail's B&B in November 2013.

I had been exploring the Cairns region, with trips to the rain forest and the deserted beaches of Cape Trib. Then I stayed on the MV Kangaroo Explorer for two nights, snorkelling the great barrier reef. The food on the boat was plentiful, and the corals and the marine life were fantastic!

When I got off the boat Gail very kindly picked me up from the trip operators office in downtown Cairns. It marked the start of the final part of my holiday...
The B&B itself is in a fantastic location, overlooking the coral sea. Each morning I sat on the terrace eating a tropical breakfast, planning my day.
Yorkeys knob is a quiet suburb, with a beautiful, almost empty beach, with only a few amenities such as a supermarket, cafe, and liquor store, all just a block back from the esplanade.
The buses around Cairns are cheap and reasonably frequent, and I used them to get around to the different northern beaches.

Gail made me feel very welcome and provided me with all the amenities I needed - including free wifi, advice about where to eat out etc etc.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to take time out - the relaxed pace of Yorkeys knob itself, and Gail's willingness to help out with lifts and advice were most welcome!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Golden Sands Beachfront Resort
Golden Sands Beachfront Resort
#2 of 2 in Yorkeys Knob
Mediterranean Beachfront Apartments Cairns

Been to A Villa Gail? Share your experiences!