“clear, spacious”
other travellers have booked this property
Yorkeys Knob beach Outdoor Terrace
Path to the beach
View to the Beach
Yorkeys Knob Beach
Yorkeys Knob Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
JING Z
“clear, spacious”
Reviewed 25 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Very good place to stay. Rooms are clear and spacious. It has everything for a holiday stay. Great swimming pool is just right outside. However, electricity cooking in the kitchen was very slow. We took very long to cook the meals.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Soren H
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely beachfront apartment.”
Reviewed 19 November 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We stayed for one just a few days, and had a wonderful time. Anna was most helpful and looked after us well. We were greatly delayed on arrival and the keys were put aside for us.

Would stay again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The position
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
ang474
Germany
“Great apartment”
Reviewed 14 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Dear Judy, Anna and Malcolm,

we enjoyed our one week stay at your great apartment.

The apartment is perfect for couples and families. It is located directly in front of the beach and the guarded beach is only a few 100 meters away. We felt at home on holiday.

Anna was very helpful and answered all our questions. The tour recommendations from Anna und Malcolm were very useful. Tour bookings are possible at their café what was really comfortable.

Thank you very much!

Travelling group: Freunden
Your age range 25-34
Minty886
Sydney, Australia
“Great location but cleaner/manager impossible to deal with.”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We recently spent six nights at this apartment at Yorkeys Knob. While it is in a great spot opposite the beach we had a big problem with Anna the cleaner/manager. We called when we landed at the airport at 2pm on check in day and spoke to Anna, who checked with us on the bed configuration. There was obviously a misunderstanding with the form I had previously filled out regarding bedding, and I informed Anna we needed 2 single beds and one big bed (double, queen or king). This was the bedding configuration shown in the images on this website. Anna had unfortunately made up the beds already as a king and a double. Despite me asking her to reconfigure the beds, she was at the apartment when we spoke at 2pm, she had not done this when we arrived about an hour later. She assured us she would come back later and fix this up. By 8pm at night despite numerous phone calls and her assuring us it would be done Anna had still not reappeared. I had a very very tired 5 year old on my hands who needed to be in bed and no sign of Anna. Every time I spoke to her she keep assuring me she would be there soon, and then proceeded in going on and on about what a bad day she had had and how stressed she was. In desperation I begged her to just drop us in the bedding, I would happily reconfigure the beds myself, but this never happened either. After 6 hours of waiting I finally had to put my child to bed in the king size bed and ended up having to share the bed with him all week as Anna never got in touch again. As my child sleeps sideways across the bed this ruined my sleep, and ruined what could have been a good holiday. It was such a small thing to fix but apparently Anna couldn't deliver. If she had at least been honest with us from the start and said that there was no way she was going to reconfigure the beds at least we wouldn't have had a stressful first day waiting for her to turn up and calling her and believing her lies. Now to the apartment, it's modern and as i mentioned earlier in a great location. The kitchen cupboards and drawers were a bit grubby but otherwise it's fine. Not in a touristy area which suited us and the beach is lovely. Judy who handled our booking was fine, but I do think Anna needs a new job or a course in PR!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beach
Liked least: Lack of communication from Anna
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
31 Jul 2014
I am sorry you had a frustrating time. Prior to your arrival I asked you to complete a form which indicated how the beds were to be configured. You clearly stated you wanted 1 queen and 1 king (as against 2 singles). This is how Anna set up the apartment.
Anna is normally very obliging but July is one of the busiest months of the year and she may simply not been able to find the time.
Anyhow, once again I am sorry you were frustrated. Otherwise, I hope you enjoyed your time at Yorkeys Knob
Regards
Judy
Linda B
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous apartment”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

We spent 6 nights in the ground floor apartment. Yorkeys knob has a beautiful beach and a great beach cafe! but other than that there is not a lot going on. So if you want some peace and quiet and great views but still with easy access to the town of Cairns and all that Queensland has to offer, then this is the place for you! Th apartment was beautiful- brilliantly equipped, so clean and comfortable , and with a lovely pool - we simply couldn't fault it. Anna , the local contact was supremely helpful and personable and really helped us sort out our requirements for scuba diving for which we were very grateful. Judy, the booking agent was also especially helpful, kind and patient when we were looking into changing our dates. Thank you :)

Travelling group: Teenagers
Management Response
14 Jan 2014
Thank you Linda for your great review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are at the apartment at the moment and have upgraded the lounge suite, bought a new fridge and a hi fi which only requires a usb to play from your ipod, iphone or android.

If you plan to stay again let me know.

Kind regards

Judy
USA
Reviewed 10 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Japan
Reviewed 25 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing