Our family of four stayed in a two bedroom apartment on the 3rd floor (lift or stair access). The balcony did have views towards the ocean with the other side towards neighbouring block and apartments. In saying that though the morning sun was lovely sitting out having breakfast. The unit's 2 bedrooms both have their own bathrooms. With bedroom views toward the back looking over the tennis court. (we enjoyed a family game - free tennis rackets provided, there's also a basketball ring).
The kitchen is basic with the basic essentials, not suitable for whipping up a gourmet meal but functional. Would be great to have access to a bbq. The laundry with washing machine & dryer is in the hallway alcove. The unit is very roomy, the lounge has digitial TV, cane furniture - the couch folded out to a bed if required. There is no radio/stereo Ipod system.
The pool is suitable for older and young children it is located on the beach side of Golden sands making the walk to the beach about 1 minute! The stinger net from Nov to March is a the other end of the beach. It a great beach for walks as well. A MUST do is the Star Apple restaurant located at Golden Sands( next to the pool area)- exceptional quality asian inspired menu, small and intimate and fabulous hosts.
Sure Golden Sands could do with a makeover - vertical blinds, cane furniture & older style bathrooms however for the $ it is good value. There are a number of permanent residents so it can't be that bad! We'd go back. I booked directly with the managers who were helpful and responded quickly to my queries.
Yorkey's is a quiet beach location and unless you want to chill out and not go anywhere you really need a car, especially if you love coffee! A few takeaways and a decent restaurant Crocadillas as well as Yorkey's Boat Club & Marina-offers courtesy bus pickup.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands Beachfront Apartment Resort is located at Yorkeys Knob, just 15 minutes from the Cairns CBD and airport. Offering one and two bedroom self-contained holiday apartments, Golden Sands Resort Cairns is right on the Yorkeys Knob beachfront with only open lawns and gardens separating your holiday apartment from the long stretch of golden sand that is Yorkeys Knob beach. Soak up the ambience of a secluded lush tropical garden setting right on the beachfront at Yorkeys Knob... enjoy the tranquillity while knowing you are within easy reach of all the excitement and grandeur that Cairns and Tropical North Queensland has to offer. Laze around the lagoon style “SOLAR HEATED” salt water pool, a constant 30 degrees year round or take a leisurely 30 second stroll to Yorkeys Knob Beach, enjoy a game of tennis or basketball. Large and spacious one and two bedroom air-conditioned holiday apartments with self contained catering and laundry facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Golden Sands Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Golden Sands Beachfront
- Golden Sands Beachfront Resort Yorkeys Knob, Cairns Region, Australia