We stayed at the Golden Sands Beachfront Resort for five nights in beginning of July 2009, and absolutely loved it. Beautiful spot! Spacious apartment (one bedroom) and a sofa bed in living room, perfect for us, a family of four. You don't have a view of the Pacific from the big balconies in the apartment, but the beach is right behind the palm trees only a 2 minute walk away, and the beach is spectacular and very child friendly. Our hosts Tanya, Adam and Roy where extremely helpful, arranging all our tours and transportation to our outermost satisfaction. Yorkey's Knob is the perfect location for visiting Tjapukai and the Scienic Railway/ Kuranda/ Skyrail and Cairns is only a 15 minute drive away. You need help regarding transportation or hire a car, since it's pretty secluded. We had a nice dinner at the Yacht Club one night. It's a simple, genuine, peaceful resort, perfect for relaxation, without the stress of crowded fancy tourist traps. Cheers, Tanya and Adam, for making our Great Barrier Adventure even better!
Pernille and Peter, Emilie 6 and Rasmus 8, Denmark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star, 32 self-contained holiday apartments, 1 and 2 bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Golden Sands Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Beachfront Hotel
- Hotel Golden Sands Beachfront
- Golden Sands Beachfront Resort Yorkeys Knob, Cairns Region, Australia