“Tropical, stylish, relaxing and friendly!”
Review of Villa Marine

Villa Marine
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yorkeys Knob
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

All you need during your holidays is unexpected experience of beauty and relaxing atmosphere!
After rough Aussie outback, we were looking for something more...let's say sophisticated. And found it in the most awesome place you can imagine - beautiful appartments within gorgeous garden flowers, super quality service and independance! That's how it is in Villa Marine. Close to the beach and river, on the subberbs of Cairn - everything worth seeing is just close by. And we were not the only backpackers who stayed at the same time here. Highly recommended for a weekend tour or longer holidays! Thx a bunch to Trip Advisor for advise!

Room Tip: Pick a flower/plant on a tarras and go there! :)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This place is beautiful and clean. It is a bargain for the price. Just a block from the beach. Villa Marine is quiet and out of town. But there is still a supermarket 5 mins walk away and a bus stop a block away. The owner is very friendly and knowledgable and will go out of his way to make your trip pleasant and unforgettable. He will help you make all your bookings for activities and he will be honest about the best deals and the best experiences. The grounds are tropical, beautiful, and well kept. You will be sure to have loads of native bird encounters.

Room Tip: My friends and I stayed in the family suite. Priced for 4 people. It was a great deal. It has room f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed 2 weeks in Villa Marine and I just loved it. It's a nice place to stay and it's 2 minutes walk from the beach!! The unit I was in had all you need to be comfortable.
Peter, the manager is very kind and he was always available to help me.
The unique experiences I lived there were the top of my trip ... They were cutting down a banana tree and I could help!!! ... and I ate a fresh banana right there!!
Also I saw many Ulises (the most beautiful butterfly ever) and green frogs around ... just something I will never forget. Cheers from Chile!! :)

Room Tip: I loved my tropical apartament!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Villa Marine apartments gave me exactly what I needed: a quiet, peaceful stay in a beautiful tropical garden setting. There's a pool surrounded by palms, or you can walk to a quiet beach. I liked the feeling of complete independence: I could do my own thing at leisure. The owner/manager Peter is very helpful if you want to get out and sail to the Reef - he'll book the one you want for you. Reasonable tariff and SO relaxing... CMcF

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed 4 nights at Villa Marine in February 2014. Great location. Great value. Outstanding service from owner/operator Peter. Peter set up our Great Barrier Reef diving and Green Island excursions. Peter is a diver and his recommendation to go to the outer reef was spot on. Peter also set up our Kuranda tour via scenic railroad and skyway return. Our room was clean and the kitchenette handy for fixing a quiet meal after a full day of sightseeing. A stay at Villa Marine for your visit to Cairns is highly recommended. Frank Buzzard

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed for three nights at Villa Marine Holiday Apartments. My unit had a nice equipped kitchenette. Milk, tea and coffee supplied. Pool was also nice. The beach was half a street block away. Beach has an anti stinger net in place. Nice and quiet being convenient to Cairns by car or bus.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I trallvelled along the east coast in Australia and villa marine is the only place where I could sleep whitout earplugs, is placed in yorkeys knob 20 minutes from cairns whit the bus and the bus stop is about 20 metres from here but you don't need to go in cairns many times because In yorkeys knob there is already everything you need, beach, mall, rainforest. The accommodation are very fine whit kitchen, bathroom and air con but I prefer to use the fan on the roof because give more tropical atmosphere, there is a garden inside the structure full of small wildlife like frogs and a nice swimming pool where you can relax and if you want to do tours the manger is always ready to help you find something

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Shangri-La Hotel, The Marina, Cairns
Cairns Beach Resort
Cairns Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Holloways Beach

Been to Villa Marine? Share your experiences!