“Bridie took very good care of us.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
Bridies Bed and Breakfast
Rescue,california
“Bridie took very good care of us.”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We booked two rooms at Bridies Bed and Breakfast for our trip to Brussels to see our Aunt who lives in the Molenbeek area. I knew our stay would be a success from the moment I first emailed with Bridie. She made me feel as though I was calling my favorite cousin overseas to scheduled a visit. The location was very convenient for both visiting our aunt and for getting to the metro. She is steps away from the Simonis Elizabeth stop which is a great one because it begins and ends here so no possibility of missing the stop. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. We will be staying with Bridie again that is for sure.

Room Tip: The James Joyce room is on the ground floor which is very convenient. The Ralph Lauren is a couple o...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Juliana1962

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 22 August 2013

From the first email Bridie sent me I knew I'd stay at her place no-matter-what! You could tell she was absolutely friendly, helpful and fun. She gave me perfect directions and I got to her lovely house with no problem. I spent 8 nights in the Ralph Lauren room and the whole stay was fantastic! Bridie is that kind of person who you feel comfortable with from the first minute you see her - she made me feel so much at home right away! She showed me around the house, explained everything, gave free maps and even invited to a party they hosted for her friends. So very nice of her! Even though she had to leave couple of days later she "hand me over" to her amazing friend Nicole how also took absolutely great care of me.
The house is within 1-2 minutes walk from "Simonis" metro station, I found the area to be safe (traveling as a solo female) and pleasant with a huge park (opposite direction from the metro) and the cathedral. Once or twice I took a walk to the Brussels "downtown" area but mostly used very convenient metro.
Ralph Lauren room was amazing with a huge comfy bed, little fridge, TV, heating (and extra blankets), tea/coffee/cattle, private bathroom with towels/hairdryer. And the interior is just wonderful!
Breakfast was sort of "upon request" meaning they ask you what time you want it to be served and what would you like to have. I'm a light-morning-eater so a bowl of cereal and a couple of toasts were enough for me. But they always told me that if I'd like some hot and reach breakfast they'd be glad to make one.
I'm sure my first visit to Brussels wouldn't be so great if it's not for Bridie and Nicole and Bridie's B&B! Definitely would recommend this place to my friends.
Thank you, Bridie and Nicole!

Room Tip: Bridie rents out few rooms and each one has different design and themed decoration and are absolutel...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Sweden
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I have stayed in 3 days. It was my first lonely trip to brussels and I was really worrying about everything...But the owner was so kind to me. She gave me free-map which was really useful for me, the room is comfortable for me, also the location is so good and she lent me her own computer after I said to her that I need to use computer to write paper. And the breakfast was amazing! The hotel is five stars hotel for me!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Ramstein, Germany
Reviewed 14 November 2012

From the moment Bridie greeted us upon arrival, we knew we had made the right choice. We spent 2 nights in the Ralph Lauren room and it could not have been better. The room is beautifully decorated with a big comfy bed, fridge, free wi-fi, and a large bathroom. A plentiful hot breakfast is included each morning and is served in the most amazing dining area. Bridie was the most gracious host ever providing answers to all our questions and added several recommendations for restaurants and markets. We could have spent hours just chatting with her. The metro is literally 30 seconds walk from the front door. We arrived by car on a Saturday and were able to park right in front for free. Not sure about parking on weekdays. We ate downtown, but there are plenty of restaurants in the area as well. We will definitely return to this amazing B&B!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jvlv17
indy
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We spent 8 nights at Bridies. We considered several places before choosing Bridies. It was small (she ony rents a few rooms), it was quiet (i'm a very light sleeper), it had a good breakfast and it was convenient. We enjoyed our stay, looked forward to returning each night, would recommend it to our friends without hesitation and would stay here again if we ever return to
Brussels.

Host: Bridie was a great host. She asked me each morning how I slept and if it had been quiet enough (I had mentioned my concern about noise). Each morning she helped us plan our day and even provided maps of towns we were visiting. Every evening she asked us about our day and we enjoyed sharing our day with her and asking about hers. One night we had a noisy guest and she quieted them right down. Even the best hotel can be ruined by inconsiderate guests and we were impressed how quickly and tactfully she handled this one off (for us) distraction.

Quietness: I am a very light sleeper and was concerned about the noise. I needn't have been. The street itself wasn't as busy as i thought it would be and once you entered the house you couldn't hear it. We were in the back of the house and never heard a single car. The noise inside the house was also quiet. We were below Bridies apartment and never heard a noise, not even a foot step. We stayed in the studio and there was a small entry way with another set of doors which would add another layer of noise protection, but we didn't need it and left them open.

Room: our room was spacious. The one queen we saw was smaller but we would have been fine there. We had the studio on the ground floor. It opened onto a patio which we didn't use (left early, back late). The room was large with a sink, cooker and small fridge which we loaded with drinks. There was a microwave and hot water heater which my wife used to make tea each night. It was a relaxing room and we looked forward to returning to our refuge at the end of long days sight seeing.

Breakfast: Bridie made a great cooked breakfast most every morning. This came with some great breads and rolls. There were also cereals or a continental breakfast for those interested. The breakfasts were delicious and ranged from cooked eggs with bacon to some baked sandwich concotions that I couldn't name but would order if I saw them in a restaurant. What a treat. The breakfasts were in her dining/living room at a large table. It was fun to meet and talk
with the other guests.

Location: It's not in the heart of things but it's only a few metro stops away. We walked all around central Brussels and found it was actually quicker to get back to our B&B on the metro than it was to walk to some of the other places we considered staying that were more central.

House: This is a historic house loveling restored by Bridie. The ceilings were high and the rooms felt historic but modern if that makes sense. There is also quiet a bit of art around the house which we enjoyed looking at each day.

WIFI: There was free wifi in the rooms and a pc in the hall for guests (though I think the pc will be going away in favor of the wifi, so ask about that, if it's something you're expecting).

Thanks Bridie for doing everything to make our stay great and adding to the pleasant memories of our trip to Belgium.

Room Tip: The studio is not much more and has more space.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tradIndy
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I visited at the end of September for 3 nights and was at the Studio room. Room had shower but & toilet but not well maintenance.
Shower water flow was good.
Breakfast was in the leaving room which is a VERY nice place to be. Breakfast was VERY basic.
The place located quiet far from the center (about 50-55 mins walk to the center) but has a Metro next to the place. The area is not a good area to be and consider by locals as unsafe to visit in dark hours.
Internet from the room worked well only by cable, WIFI didn't work in the room.
Bridie is a very nice host and very friendly.
The owner has a dog in the place so if you don't like dogs it might be a problem for you.

Room Tip: Don't book the Studio room. the other room on the place seemed to be much nicer at the second fl...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Orenb10
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Bridie was friendly and very helpful and she's the owner of the B&B. She has good sense of humor. B&B located at a great location since only 2 blocks from a metro station (plus right next to metro station is a small grocery store and another small grocery store is located in the street behind the B&B).

B&B's metro stop is also easy access to the major train stations, such as Zuid / Gare du Midi. Think this is important to mention if person is interested in going on day trips and using the train, which is very easy to use instead of driving.

Breakfast was delicious. Bridie cooked hot breakfast (such as egg & bacon or scones) plus she would also do bread, cheese & meats if person needed to be out early in the mornings. Room is quiet. She gave good suggestions for restaurants. There is very good Italian restaurant in the street behind the B&B.

Would stay here again and would recommend. Very good value plus great location plus terrific hostess/owner. Bridie was also very good at answering emails and questions.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Ce...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
#12 of 209 in Brussels
Brussels Hello Hostel
Brussels Hello Hostel
#1 of 2 in Koekelberg

Been to Bridies Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!