2,187 results
All reviews guest kitchen bed dorm young travellers female dorm minute walk separate rooms person room washing machine great facilities youth hostel nice bar free wifi common areas beds were comfortable tram station the grand place yogurt
Reviewed 29 July 2016

This hostel has all the gear but no idea.

This is of no fault of the staff but check in took 20 minutes as only one person was checking people in, bare in mind this is a HUGE hotel. The wait would have not been a problem if it was not for the unbearable heat in the building.

Everyone was dripping with sweat and everyones clothes were drenched from standing in the lobby. I thought there was a problem with the heating but the staff assured me there was not. Anyway, I checked in and went into my room, to my dissatisfaction the room was equally as hot and I was told had no way of cooling it down. The building has a cheap airconditioning system which is automatic and cannot be manually controlled. I took a cold shower to cool down but within minutes I was sticking to my bedsheets. Now I am a young fit and healthy male but the conditions were REDICULOUS!!! And I have been travelling asia for 12 months too...

I ended up checking out after 2 hours because it is impossible to sleep in these conditions, a view shared by many in my room. I asked to get a refund but was told to email them as the staff did not have authority to do this.

I emailed them explaining the issue and I can see by other comments that this is a common problem but 9 days later I am still waiting a reply.....

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
MEININGERHotels, Front Office Manager at MEININGER Hotel Brussel City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2016

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience.

We are really sorry to read your feedback.

As we replied to you directly per mail, our system was down and we were waiting for the technician.

Now after we got in contact with you, we hope you are a little bit more happy and you will come back to visit us again, and maybe change your mind about the hotel.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Well, I went there for two nights with my family (wife and three kids), I found a clean hotel with wide corridor area in the floor level. The beds were also clean and I like the interior design of the room. I marked some points to be improved in the future:
- No fan in the room (visited in late July), there is a poor air distribution system but with five in the room, absolutely a fan would be a better solution, by the way, no window in the room.
- The reception area is small and when arrived at 3 o'clock afternoon to check in, you have to wait in the queue, so about 45 minuted in order to check in, I did not like it anyway, but I have to say that the reception man was kind and polite.
- The WIFI network is a little bit weak, it should be more strong, I tried to connect many times with no success.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ziad K
MEININGERHotels, Front Office Manager at MEININGER Hotel Brussel City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us such a nice feedback!

We are sorry to hear it was too hot in the room. The temperature is fixed and we always try to keep it in order with the temperature outside. Probably that day there was a problem in the system. Really sorry for that.
We are usually 3 people in the reception and we try to be as fast as we can to serve everybody asap. The things is that everybody is cheching in at the same time (even they can check in at any time after 3pm, and in busy day might be a long queu. Our appologies on that. We will try to improve and be more effecient in that.

A part from that we hope to see you soon in one of our other MEININGER Hotels somewhere in Europe!

Greetings from Brussels,

Your Meininger Team

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Really cool building and concept! The rooms are clean, urban and new! Bar staff were mostly lovely.
However, the room was absolutely boiling to the point that everyone who was in the dorm did not sleep. I did ask reception the next day if we could perhaps swap rooms of sort a/c out and the gentleman told me to come back later as it had been very busy due to Tomorrow land. I came back later and spoke to a lady who claimed she knew nothing about my previous conversation and wasn't so helpful.

It's cool and I did enjoy it, everyone is just very exhausted now!

Stayed: July 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us such a nice feedback!

We are sorry to hear you were during the day we had the shut down of the cooling system. We were waiting for the technician and this caused some inconveniances.

By the wazy, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you soon in one of our other MEININGER Hotels somewhere in Europe!

Greetings from Brussels,

Your Meininger Team

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Huge hostel, still super clean, close from dowtown, convient and flexible if you make the last minute descision to stay longuer. Maid clean your bed and room when you leave, 11am is the check out. There is a tone of activities suggestions, free wifi and a bar on the first floor. I strongly recommend this place!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
MEININGERHotels, Front Office Manager at MEININGER Hotel Brussel City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2016

Dear Renaud,

It is really helpfull for us to receive a review from you to upgrade the quality of our services. More than that it is rewarding to read how much you have enjoyed your stay here :)

We hope to see you soon in one of our other hotels.

Regards,

MEININGER Brussel's team

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

After a bit of thought and because the attitude of some of the staff wasnt great when we stayed her the first time we decided to give Meininger another chance and stay here and very pleased to say we weren't disappointed and the staff were a lot more friendly and courteous this time round. The place was vibrant and the rooms were very clean and tidy and the staff were brilliant. Will definetley be staying here again as we are regular visitors to Brussels and it's in a great location not to far from the nightlife and city centre.
Well done Meininger!!
Good job!!
Very much improved!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Ben,

We are glad to ear how much the improvement in here satisfayed you, it is always greatfull to have a good feedback from our guests but even more when we feel that a positiv change as happend.
Lets see if some more might be done until your next time :)

We look forward to welcome you soon!

Regards,