“Worst”
Review of Hotel Sanket

Hotel Sanket
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ahmadnagar
Hotel Sanket
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ahmadnagar
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Worst”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

One of the worst hotel to stay in. Low quality food, arrogant and greedy staff. apart from that they have this funny system of 12 noon check-out. so if you reach hotel by 10 am and are ready to check-out by 1 pm they will charge you for 2 days, though you just stayed for 3 hours.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Mahesh12688

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I had visited Ahmed Nagar for an official purpose and was encouraged to select Sanket by the local officials as they felt it was safe for a lady. However, after my experience of one night I felt that I would not trade any amount of safety for one more night's stay there. The rooms are shabby, the bed has bugs and everything is poorly maintained. I had to change rooms thrice and still didn't feel comfortable. Even the deluxe room was no good except for its size and bathtub and didn't feel anything to alleviate my discomfort. I just packed up my stuff the next day and though I had to roam the entire town for a decent accommodation for 3 hours, I just refused to go back there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank Nayanarenu

Travellers are raving about these Ahmadnagar hotels

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Cockroaches and lizard seen in the room carpets horrible room no 206 you have to show the staff cockroaches when told at the reception owner says there is only one cockroach big deal do not complain instead of accepting their shortcoming shows attitude .
They want to earn money even when renovation is going on and the old rooms are a cockroach den go at your risk have you found a cockroach inhabit acting alone the owner thinks clients should not complain for cockroaches hope he stays in one of these infested rooms and then has the same opinion
Even then if you would stay you are brave
Checked out and went to another hotel

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank mkkotak
Vasai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We were 13 people and need to book 6 rooms in this hotel. I was ready to transfer advance / full amount as few senior citizens are along-with us and we don't want the last moment hurry.

I called manger for room booking and for bank details. He told me that rooms are available and for room booking, he will send his Axix bank details by sms. For next 2 days, I called him atleast 6 times for bank details. Everytime his reply was "will send in next 2 mints)

I never received his sms.

When I called him 7th time and asked whether there is any problem? He replied yes, no rooms are available on these dates. Phone gets disconnected. I tried to call him again, but he never picked my phone.

Thank god!! I have not booked rooms in this hotel.
This was a start, before check-in, how the end will be.....

- Vaibhav Prabhudesai.

Room Tip: Book the rooms on your own risk.
Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank vaibhavprabhudesai
Mumbai
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I am a frequent traveller, traveling across West India.
First the receptionist gave false commitment that I would be charged for 2days and later when I arrived at the hotel late night at 11pm they say you would be charged for 3 days as the checkout is 12 noon.
The lift here doesnt works properly and you will require to use the stop button of the lift for proper landing on floor.
The main door latch doesnt works, the room where I stayed has not double lock mechanism i.e anyone can open the door from outside and enter. The doors are fattened and needs to be pushed hard.
There are local blankets over the bed rather than soft quilts. AC functions decently but needs fan to circulate the breeze.
The rooms are tidy with carpets on the floor and the service boy Gavli is of great help.
The television are the old CRT monitors.

Morever I paid whooping Rs.1140/day for such kind of sluggish service. Its a strict "NO" from my end and even request a brand like tripadvisor to atleast take a survey of the hotel service before promoting the hotel.

Room Tip: Strict no for Room number 211.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Karan86Mumbai
Pune, India
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I am a regular traveler to many cities of Maharashtra... i checked in on 26th July 12 with my two friend in 2 A/C DELUXE rooms and the stay there was really excellent...The food quality and the taste was very good.. The hotel staff was so friendly and helpful,i liked it. It is the only hotel best in ahmednagar.. According to me it has to be rated 5 star..

Room Tip: Hotel rooms are clean and tidy... Staff are very helpful and friendly..
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I am a frequent traveler to major Indian cities. Now this Sanket was my experience where - got an AC room where AC started to function after 4 hours of check-in - 11PM when a shift changed and a boy came with a remote to start it.
The owner and reception manager did only answer to wait, one can imagine how much time I would have called them from my cellphone as both went home.

To have a hot water bath u ought to check in morning time else be ready to get a cold bath.
Well to pass the time one would start a TV; but here that option also gave the unpleasant experience as Color TV emitting wierd colors and I missed a live function of our beloved only great batsman alive on field - Sir Sachin Tendulkar on his 100th century.
Now next day morning for a pre-paid Breakfast only 2 dishes available Idli and Tomato Omlet. Either u have it or leave it. Also no other menu on demand.
For a Veg Thali its good but not excellent.

Just for a location sake one should select this hotel. I think check out is also 11-12noon.

• Stayed March 2012