“Memory making weekend”
Review of Masons Campsite

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Appletreewick
Masons Campsite
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I love Appletreewick, it's one of the Yorkshire Dale's best kept secrets. From my first scout camp down by the river, to fond memories of evening mountain bike rides around the pastures, starting and ending at the New Inn, it will always be a special place. I've camped a number of times at Mason's Campsite over the years and while planning a weekender around 2 evenings of music at the Craven Arms, Mason's seemed the most natural place to make base.

It's changed hands since we last camped there, and while camping is very much what you make of it, the site, and more important its facilities really do make a difference.

From the moment I arrived, I was made to feel so welcome, the rest of my party was 3 hours north, so it was up to me to pitch 2 tents all on my lonesome, so had chance to explore and I was amazed by the new shower and loo block, brilliant. I must admit that I have certainly stopped in good hotels with worse bathrooms.

There's not a lot to say about a field and a shower block, but Mason's is so well organised, with clear, appropriate rules, a clear pricing structure, helpful team and it really does go a long way to making your stay the best you can make it.... Muddy knees and all.....

If you don't fancy pitching a tent, why no hire one of their caravans, VW camper vans or go glamping in their MASSIVE bell tent.....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank neilgwhite

Reviewed 27 October 2013

What a fantastic weekend we have just had with our children. The effort the campsite went to to make it a Halloween special. The owners decorated a marque where children went to get their face painted, balloons made. Tools were provided to design your own pumpkin which you entered into the best designed pumpkin. Children and adults dressed up in costume to win the best dressed and then there was the best dressed camp. Food and drink was on offer throughout the day and to end the night a fabulous firework display. Dispite the poor weather our children had the best weekend and we will definately book for next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Collette791
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The environment and facilities was good in the campsite. It was the first time I had a camping experience although the weather wasn't perfect. The only dissatisfied thing was that it charged for the use of hair dryer and there was only electricity supply for caravan.

Room Tip: choose a place near the toilet
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Just got back from a 4 night break at this campsite in their fab Airstream caravan. The site is immaculate, in a beautiful location and well placed for lots of lovely walks. There are 2 great pubs a short walk away as well which are dog friendly - The Craven Arms and The New Inn.
The caravan itself was very well equipped with everything we needed and cosy too due to it having a log burner.
The owners were very friendly and helpful and we will definitely be going back next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denise K
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We spent a ridiculous £90/ night to stay in one of the pre -erected bell tents...should have stayed in a B&B down the road for half that. At least we wouldn't have got wet. And when we asked for some kind of compensation- even an apology, we got it thrown back in our faces that we were the ones in the wrong and should have left. Despicable.If you have a family and want to "glamp" do NOT come here.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank C R
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We recently camped at Masons for 2 nights over a weekend.
On arrival staff were very welcoming and gave us a quick tour of where things were.
Pitches great size, loads of room for our 2man tent and car!
Facilities were clean and tidy- only thing I would say they need is a mop for campers to mop out the shower after use as they could get quite grassy at peak times!
great washing up area with hot hot water.

Perfect location for dog walkers- Bolton abbey one way, Burnsall/Grassington the other.
Two pubs in the village- we ate at the Sun Inn, which did beautiful steaks and were dog friendly!

Would definitely stay again! Just hope the Spanish family with loads of kids won't be there next time- as they kept us up till 01:30am!!!

Might hire a fire pit next time as they looked great!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Stayed in a big group and made to feel most welcome by the owners. toilet and shower blocks were clean and warm and there was a great atmosphere. Small but well stocked shop in an airstream caravan. Bell tents comfy and log burner worked well but you could do with some kindling to get it going not just big logs. Lovely spot, you can go for a walk to lovely local pubs along the river and its in a beautiful valley. Cooking facilities great too. Our zip broke the first night and was fixed the following morning which I would have thought impossible. My cars battery was flat and within 2 mins I was handed some jump leads with a smile hoorah. Beds comfy too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Been to Masons Campsite? Share your experiences!