“Mixed grill”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Basically a mixed grill consisted of just 3 meats no salad or no beans nothin apart from an egg on top of the meats on the most smallest mixed grill plate I've ever seen... for £17 it was very poor for the price.

7  Thank mintyx

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I ate at The Bell recently and ordered the fish and chips off their lunch deal menu. The fish was rather small and covered in a soft batter, it may well have been kept warm under a lamp, there certainly wasn't any crispness to it. The chips were fine and the garden peas excellent! I had the apple crumble for desert which was served with cream. Now this just doesn't seem right to me, in my book crumble always comes with custard!
It does have the largest village green in England right outside it's door, so it's good to be able to people watch whilst eating. I was there just after one o'clock and was surprised at the number of people who arrived to eat after me. It's a busy place but could produce better food.

2  Thank GrannyMBristol
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked a table to eat in the restaurant as the food looked right up our street. Proper pub food.
The bar staff were excellent and our waitress was very friendly and efficient. We enjoyed the food and the chips. It was a enjoyable experience and we would visit again.

1  Thank kipper001
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed at the pub whilst working on a film in the area . A really really nice plaice to be the food is good the hotel is spot on the staff could not be friendlier

1  Thank BAYLI55
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stopped here for a bite to eat yesterday on our way back from Coventry to Bristol and had a lovely meal in the superb garden. This is simply a fantastic pub for kids as there is a lovely well maintained play area out the back with plenty of grass for them to run about on as well as a climbing frame with slide and some tyre swings. There is also a small selection of animals in the barn building including goats, chickens and rabbits and this was an added bonus as the animals kept her entertained for ages! The food was very nice and not overpriced as well as there being an extensive menu if you combined the restaurant and snack menus. I had the roast beef baguette which was very nice and my daughter had the kids lasagne which must have been good as she polished the lot off. The ploughmans also looked good and there is a fantastic selection of ales and ciders to enjoy in the sunshine. Great service from a friendly barmaid as well, we will definitely be back again,