“Much improved!”

The Bell Inn
and 1 more site!
The Bell Inn
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Since our last visit in January the food is a LOT better with a really decent menu, great value for money and friendly staff. A very pleasant meal indeed. I would highly recommend the duck! Well done!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris S

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Friendly welcome, service fine, thought it might be slow due to it being a Saturday evening and there were still quite a few people outside enjoying the fine weather. Food was good. Especially enjoyed a very good steak as part of the surf and turf.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Olddownboy
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Had lunch here today after visiting it for a drink on Easter Sunday. The pub is the large building at the main road end of the longest green in England. It is bordering a conservation area with tudor houses, 3 ponds with nesting swans and the Gloucester and sharpness canal nearby which can be reached by walking up the green,then through the fields by the church.
The bar is in the centre of the pub with a decent selection of ciders and ales with a log fire on cold days. The restaurant is upper level in a contemporary style. Outside has a large carpark to the rear with a large area outside at the front facing the green for food etc which is popular with walkers etc.There is a small garden at the rear. There is a specials board, 2 courses for £7.50 or the usual main meal menu. We had the special and it was presented very nicely (on hot plates) with good unhurried service and better quality than many lunchtime meal deals generally out there.
The staff were friendly although they did disappear at times leaving the bar unattended. Not a problem for us as we were in no rush.
Overall, a nice visit and would be happy to go back. When we visited it at Easter, the outside was packed as the sun shines directly onto the green etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DrandDr
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Enjoyed Easter Sunday Roast at The Bell. Just like home roast potatoes & parsnips & lovely tender Beef. Almost didn't book because of negative reviews, but our experience was very enjoyable. Will definately be going back for more. Great food & very friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Very average pub food. I have eaten here a couple of times over the years. The quality of the food varies every time I visit from perfectly acceptable to bland and unappealing. I live locally so call in occasionally usually at lunch time. Service is ok but the food just isn't fresh enough. Definitely could do better!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We live quite local & have been to the Bell on many occasions mainly having very good meals & service, then on another day the food is Luke warm & undercooked & the service is very slow,(we have complained at the time & I will say they do their best to rectify it) you can be left with your menu for over 20 minutes before anyone actually acknowledges you ( this is ok when you are in a group not when there are only 2) you may need to go to the bar to order food or pay your bill, quite frustrating sometimes, the Bar manager Ryan is very welcoming & helpful but some of the other staff can seem a bit lacking at times. on bank holidays or a sunny weekend we have been and they are out of most of the menu, on 1 occasion we got a menu at 8 o’clock queued at the bar to be told we have finished food when food is advertised until 9, there were 7 of us that day not very happy but then their loss. they do have a good selection of specials on the board some very country style & good fish dishes, one of my pet hates is that they do nice Lamb chops which is in the grilled section (with the steaks) so it is served with an onion ring & flat mushroom choice of potatoes or salad, lamb chops need vegetables & gravy I never understand that one !!!! The pub is in a beautiful area close to the canal lots of lovely walks nearby, on a sunny Sunday in the summer sit outside & watch the cricket with a pint what could be more British, whilst I am not writing a bad review Easton you should take this as constructive criticism

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank IdaDabbit
Reviewed 26 October 2012

It was my birthday when I attended this warm and welcoming pub with my family, I had the starter for Two which I shared with my brother! We both thoroughly enjoyed this starter we moved onto our mains which I had the fillet steak which was cooked to perfection it was cooked exactly how I wanted it (Well Done). I just about had enough room for dessert which was an apple pie very very delicious I must say! The locals of the pub was very friendly many of them wished me a happy birthday which took me by surprise as I only knew a select few of them. I will definitely recommend this pub to all, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jamin89

Been to The Bell Inn? Share your experiences!